Sharing my favorite peanut butter pie recipe today! This M&M’s Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Pie is the perfect dessert for entertaining your family and friends. Loads of beautiful chocolate curls with colorful M&M’s throughout.
Peanut Butter Pie
This peanut butter pie is about to be your new favorite dessert to bring to your family parties! so colorful, so beautiful and so delicious! Can’t wait for you to try this show stopping pie. Your guests are going to be so happy! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Peanut Butter S’mores Dessert Pizza too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
Start the cookie crust by creaming your butter and sugars.
Add your egg and vanilla next.
Time for your dry ingredients.
Time for some M&M’s! I used the classic Milk chocolate ones for my cookie crust.
Gently stir them into your dough.
Place your dough into a lightly greased pie plate.
Press dough evenly up sides and bottom like so. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until baked through. Let cool completely.
To prepare pie filling combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and buttermilk until well combined.
Pour filling into cooled cookie crust.
Line edges of filling with M&M’s and top center with chocolate curls.
Tips For Making Peanut Butter Pie
- Use a good quality pie pan. I love the Emile Henry brand from stores like Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma.
- Pre-make your cookie dough to save time the day you make your pie.
- Substitute the cookie dough layer for an Oreo Crust. Click the link for recipe.
- Substitute M and M candies for your favorite chopped up candy bars such as Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and even Butterfinger.
- To make pretty chocolate curls, make sure your chocolate is at room temperature. The curls come out so much nicer when chocolate is not cold.
- Store leftover pie in an airtight container in refrigerator.
M&M’s Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Milk Chocolate M&M’s
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray pie dish with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix slightly then stir in M&M’s until well combined. Transfer dough to pie dish and press up sides and bottom. Bake for 40-45 minutes until baked through. As soon as you remove from oven, press center gently with a spoon. Let cool completely.
- To prepare peanut butter pie filling stir together the peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese and buttermilk until well combined. Place in center of cookie crust, spreading evenly. Place cream and sugar into stand mixer with stiff peaks form. Sprinkle with additional M&M’s. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.