This Spicy Baked Avocado is flavor packed, takes minutes to prepare and is absolutely delicious!
Happy Friday to you!
I was rummaging through the refrigerator last week deciding what I wanted for lunch when I thought, hmmm how about a baked avocado with something amazing inside. I ended up tossing some rotisserie chicken in a little siracha, placing that inside the avocado, topping with a little cheese, baked it and heaven happened.
It really couldn’t be more simple friends. Literally split your avocado, remove the pit and fill. Bake for close to 15 minutes on 350 degrees F.
Quick and simple lunch that is totally satisfying. Are you kids going to love this? Maybe. My older boys are still weird about avocado. Still working on them. Are you going to love this? Yes!
Hope you enjoy this simple lunch idea!
Spicy Chicken Cheesy Baked Avocado
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 20 min
- 1 large ripe avocado, split with pit removed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon Siracha
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place avocado halves onto prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and Siracha into a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Place spicy chicken into avacodo halves, top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is hot and melted. Serve warm.
Makes 1-2 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.