Sharing one of my favorite avocado recipes today! This chicken avocado recipe is flavor packed, takes minutes to prepare and is absolutely delicious!
This simple baked avocado is not only delicious and filling, but literally takes minutes to prepare! I tossed some rotisserie chicken in a little siracha, placing that inside the avocado, topping with a little cheese, baked it and heaven happened.
How To Pick an Avocado?
Fresh avocados do not ripen on the tree, they ripen or “soften” after they have been harvested. Fresh avocados are unique from some of the other varieties of avocados because they can change from a dark-green color to a deep purplish almost black hue when ripe.
Hold an avocado in the palm of your hand. Gently squeeze without using your fingertips. If the avocado is firm, you know it is NOT ripe. They will also have a brighter green skin. If the avocado yields to firm gentle pressure you know it’s ripe and ready-to-eat. Ripe, ready to eat avocados may have a darker color but color can vary so it is best to go by feel as well as color. It will feel lightly soft but it will not feel “mushy” to the touch.
Chicken Avocado Recipe
It really couldn’t be more simple friends. Literally split your avocado, remove the pit and fill. Bake for close to 15 minutes on 350 degrees F.
Quick and simple lunch that is totally satisfying. Are you kids going to love this? Maybe. My older boys are still weird about avocado. Still working on them. Are you going to love this? Yes! Hope you enjoy this simple lunch idea!
Spicy Chicken Cheesy Baked Avocado
- 1 large ripe avocado split with pit removed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon Siracha
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place avocado halves onto prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and Siracha into a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Place spicy chicken into avacodo halves, top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is hot and melted. Serve warm.