Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tags: cereal, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, travel
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly buttery crisp with the slightest hint of peanut butter from the cereal. You’ve got to try these!
A couple weeks ago I was at General Mills for a blogger event all about the new exciting happenings with General Mills Cereals. Not only did we get to speak with the President of the cereal division and get the latest news, we got to bake in the Betty Crocker Kitchens, get tips and tricks from the General Mills food stylists and photographers, eat some amazing food and spend time with the sweetest group of bloggers! It was such a fun couple days in Minnesota. Scroll down and see some of the fun below.
The General Mills/Betty Crocker Kitchens are beautiful. Floor to ceiling windows so I was enjoying watching the snow fall while we were baking. Such a treat!
One of the afternoons we were there, we had a cereal challenge. We could cook or bake whatever we wanted with a General Mills cereal and one of 5 spices we were given. We had gorgeous tables set with dozens and dozens of ingredients to use for our recipes. This was so much fun. Obviously I chose to make a cookie. Ha!
How dreamy are all of these cereal dispensers?!
Alright, I had all of my ingredients and I was ready to start my cookies!!
A little Snapchat break 🙂 Are you on Snapchat? Follow me @picky-palate
This dough is amazing!!!
I had a blast learning from the pro’s in their “artificial light” studio. One side is natural light one one side artificial. I know nothing about artificial lighting so it was great to hear their tips!
I mean come on!!!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12-15 min | Total time: 25 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butters and sugars in large bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla beating until well combined. Stir in flour, cereal, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Using a medium-large cookie scoop at least 2 tablespoons, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden edges and baked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
- If making cookie sandwiches, prepare frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar until thick and spreadable. Spoon frosting on inside of one cookie and top with a second cookie. Place Reese’s Puff Cereal on outside of frosting if desired.
Makes 2 dozen cookies or 12 cookie sandwiches
Photos are via General Mills Photography from Blogger Event
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.