These 4 Layer Cookie Bars are so much fun and get a huge reaction from your guests! Layered with sugar cookie, chocolate chip cookie, peanut butter cookie & double chocolate cookie, this dessert is super delicious!
Ultimate Cookie Bars Recipe
Cookie bars are some of my favorite recipes to bake for parties! Have you ever had 4 layers of cookie dough, baked and cut into squares? Well, you are about to be talked into it! These cookie bars are so much fun to bring to parties and gatherings with family and friends. Simple to prepare and fun to eat. Win!
For more Picky Palate cookie recipes try these and Kitchen Sink Cookie Bars and Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Watch my latest recipe video, a little step by step on how these bars come together. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube page for new recipe videos this year. Hope you enjoy these fun bars!
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Bars
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie bar.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookie bars. Bars will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before cutting into squares and storing in containers. This will keep their crispness.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
4 Layer Cookie Bars
- 21 ounce package sugar cookie mix I used Betty Crocker
- 17.5 ounce package chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 17.5 ounce package chocolate chip cookie mix
- 17.5 ounce package peanut butter cookie mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare each cookie dough mix according to package direction in separate bowls. With a cookie scoop, start with the sugar cookie dough as the first layer. Scoop dough into bottom of dish then with greased hands, press down evenly. Scoop chocolate cookie dough over sugar cookie dough, press gently and evenly. Proceed with chocolate chip cookie dough then peanut butter cookie dough pressing gently and evenly. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares. You may also use your favorite homemade cookie dough for each layer.
Hi.Thank you for your words.Its very yummy post
I tried this recipe in a regular 9×13 pan and the cookies grew tall like a cake and even spilled over the edges. It also never got done enough in the middle. Is there something I should have done differently? Thanks!
It’s a bit hard, I tried but failed
Oh my gosh! What a great idea! These look amazing!
These look so delicious! And I love how simple they are to make!
These cookie bars look so yummy!
Oh wow! Who could resist these?!
This reminds me of Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars I made a few times. I never posted them on my blog but these looks incredible.
Looks like four layers of HEAVEN! 🙂
4 layers of deliciousness!
One of my favorite recipes of yours!! Love the cute video!
Yum, looks and sounds great!