This Bean and Cheese Burrito Calzone is such a fun weeknight dinner idea! A super cheesy and delicious twist on classic bean and cheese burritos, it’s one of my favorite calzone recipes.
Bean and Cheese Burrito Calzone Recipe
I’ve got a new weeknight dinner idea for you today! My boys love having bean and cheese burritos on a regular basis so I thought it would be fun to create a pizza calzone with one of their favorite dinners. With school in session and activities in full force, it’s so nice to have quick fix dinner ideas for the family. I’m all about keeping it simple! Hope you enjoy this cheesy Mexican style calzone.
Easy Calzone Recipe
You won’t need too many ingredients to get this baby in the oven. I used my homemade pizza dough along with some of our favorite products. If you don’t want to make a homemade pizza dough, you can find pre-made dough at your grocery store.
Place your beans, green chilies and tomatoes into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Layer half of your bean mixture over half of your pizza dough. Top with lots of cheese 🙂
Fold your pizza dough over filled layer, press and seal edges then brush with a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and bake!
Beautiful cheesy calzone ready for dinner!
Serve with warmed enchilada sauce if desired 🙂
Bean and Cheese Burrito Calzone
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 16 ounce can Refried Beans
- 4.5 ounce can Chopped Green Chilies
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers mild (I used Rotel mild)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 ounce can Green Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare pizza pan or stone.
- Press pizza dough into a 12 inch round. Place beans, green chilies and tomatoes in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Spread half of the bean layer over half of the pizza dough leaving a 1 inch border around the edge. Top with cheese then fold pizza dough over filled side, pressing and sealing edges together.
- Brush top of dough with oil then sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden. If needed, increase oven’s heat to broil for the last couple minutes to brown crust. Watch carefully, this happens fast. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board