Sharing my Classic Chicken and Rice Soup today!
Is there anything better than homemade soup? You’ve got to try my Classic Chicken and Rice Soup. So hearty, comforting and oh so delicious! I posted a pretty little Instagram picture of the soup I made the family for lunch. I did not plan on sharing the recipe, but because I posted that little picture on Instagram, I got lots of requests for the recipe 🙂
You know I generally like to post step by step photos, but that Sunday afternoon, photos were the last thing on my mind 🙂 I was rushing around like a mad woman after church to get lunch made for my hungry boys.
Since it was so delicious, I penciled down the recipe, took a couple photos of the very last bowl left on Monday so I could share with you. Hope you enjoy minus all the photos!! xoxo
Classic Chicken and Rice Soup
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 chopped white onion medium onion
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley finely chopped
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onions, and cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add celery and carrots, cooking and stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, rice, Dijon, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Stir and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until ready to serve, about 30 minutes.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!