Sharing a fun waffle recipe today! These Cream Cheese Iced Red Velvet Waffle Rolls are perfect for entertaining your family and friends for brunch!
This waffle recipe is made out of bread dough! A fun new way to enjoy “waffles.” These waffle rolls drizzle with dreamy cream cheese icing will be the talk of the meal for days to come. Not only are they beautiful red velvet color, they are tasty and fun! With no rise time, you’ll have these pretty waffle rolls for your guests in no time at all. Baking is a way to show how much you care for someone, so bake a little extra for your loved ones! My favorite time of year!
Try my Perfect Waffle Recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® to bring your new recipes! Love the Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise Yeast. Minimal waiting to get your recipe baking. Simple everyday ingredients are always a plus!
You’ll add your dry ingredients into your stand mixer bowl with the dough hook attached.
Add your warm milk/water/butter mixture to the bowl.
Red food coloring up next!
One large egg up next then give a good mix so the dough kneads for a good 5 minutes.
How pretty is this dough?!
Press out your dough onto a lightly floured countertop. I used parchment paper for an easy clean up.
Cut your dough into 8 equal parts and press into rounds. Cook in your waffle iron for a super quick “roll.”
Red Velvet Waffle Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon red food coloring
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine softened
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat waffle iron to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended.
- Place milk, water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely).
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, along with red food coloring and egg. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed of stand mixer with dough hook attached, scraping bowl occasionally. Dough will form into a ball. Continue mixing for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured countertop and press out to 1/2 inch thick rectangle, about 9×13 inches. Cut into 8 equal parts and press each part into a round.
- Place each dough round into waffle maker and cook for 1 minute, until cooked through. Remove and continue with remaining dough rounds. Place onto serving plate.
- Combine all frosting ingredients (start with 1 tablespoon milk and add more if needed) in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Drizzle over waffle rolls to serve.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.