Sharing a favorite oatmeal cookie recipe today! These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are such a sweet treat for your family and friends!
Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
You are in for a real treat with this easy oatmeal cookie recipe! No one will ever guess that it starts with a cookie mix. With a few added ingredients, you get a soft oatmeal cookie that everyone raves about!
Easy Oatmeal Cookies
Place your cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the cookie ingredients and mix until dough forms.
Place cookie dough mounds onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Time to bake!
Oh so good. Hope you enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, ingredients are best when used at room temperature. This is true except in very hot kitchens.
- The number of eggs called for in most recipes is based on U.S. graded large or extra-large eggs.
- Mix dough evenly, making sure ingredients are combined uniformly. This is true except in recipes that state otherwise, such as marbleized items.
- Always preheat the oven. Putting an item into a cold oven will alter the baking time and the consistency of the finished product.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 17.5 ounce box Purely Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup quick oats
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
Place butter into small skillet over medium high heat. Swirl pan often until butter is golden brown. Will smell nutty and you’ll see brown bits form at the bottom of pan. Takes 5-10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
Place cookie mix into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in warm browned butter. Some of the chocolate chips will begin to melt. Stir in pumpkin and egg until combined. Lastly stir in additional chocolate chips and oatmeal. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes until baked through. Remove and let cool completely before transferring.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.