This simple to prepare egg roll in a bowl recipe is packed with protein, vegetables, so much flavor and it’s also keto friendly for those who like to stick to a low carb diet. We love this quick fix vibrant meal.
Easy Chicken Egg Roll In A Bowl
I love a quick fix dinner recipe that is packed with protein and lots of vegetables. This recipe is on repeat each week and makes great leftovers for lunch!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy To Make. I love that this recipe is done in under 30 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
- Ultra Flavorful. This meal is packed with flavor, it does not disappoint.
- High Protein Meal. Each serving has 25 grams of protein, which makes for a filling meal.
Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration too!
What You’ll Need
Here are the recipe ingredients you’ll need to make this egg roll in a bowl recipe at home. See the recipe card and video located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil– The olive oil is used to saute the garlic and cook the ground chicken.
- Garlic– Minced garlic is used to flavor the ground chicken.
- Ground Chicken– Check your grocery store’s meat department for ground chicken.
- Green Onion– Green onion is used in the chicken and also as a garnish.
- Kosher Salt- Kosher salt is a coarse salt.
- Black Pepper– Use freshly ground black pepper for best tasting results.
- Garlic Salt– I prefer Lawry’s garlic salt for my recipes.
- Broccoli Slaw– Check the produce section of the grocery store for broccoli slaw. You can also use regular coleslaw mix.
- Ground Ginger– Ground ginger is added to the chicken mixture for flavor.
- Sesame Oil– Sesame oil is added for flavor.
- Soy Sauce– You can also use coconut aminos. We find ours at Sprouts.
- Sesame Seeds– Sesame seeds are used as a garnish on top of each bowl.
- Sriracha– To add a little spice, use sriracha over each bowl.
How To Make Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe
Cook Chicken. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground chicken, onion, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
Mix In Slaw And Seasonings. Add slaw mix, ground ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. I like the slaw mix to still have a little bite to it. If you want it to be softer, cook for 10 minutes before serving.
Garnish. Top each egg roll in a bowl with sesame seeds, sriracha and sliced green onions if desired.
Recipe Questions and Answers
Can I Chop My Own Veggies Instead Of Using A Slaw Mix?
- Yes, you can thinly slice carrots, cabbage, and broccoli if you’d rather. Chopped cauliflower and thinly sliced bell pepper are more options to add if you like. If you don’t like the broccoli slaw, the regular coleslaw mix works great too.
What Other Kinds of Meats Can I Use As Substitutes?
- Ground beef, ground pork and even some seafood would work great too.
What If I Don’t Want To Serve The Recipe In A Bowl? Are There Other Options?
- This recipe is great served in lettuce wraps, tortillas, over rice and over noodles if you’d like.
How To Serve
Serve Chicken Egg Roll In A Bowl as is, served in your favorite serving bowls topped with sesame seeds, green onion and a little sriracha for some spice!
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in a heat proof bowl, loosely covered in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, until hot.
Try More Easy Healthy Recipes
Easy Chicken Egg Roll In A Bowl
- chef knife
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- large skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion the whites
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sriracha optional
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion greens
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground chicken, onion, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add slaw mix, ground ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. I like the slaw mix to still have a little bite to it. If you want it to be softer, cook for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top each egg roll in a bowl with sesame seeds, sriracha and sliced green onions if desired.
- Try cutting your own vegetables instead of using a slaw mix. Thinly sliced carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and even bell pepper work great.
- Try using ground beef, ground pork and even cooked seafood as substitutes for the ground chicken.
- If you don’t want to serve this recipe in a bowl, try serving in lettuce wraps, tortillas, rice and even noodles.