These Homemade S’mores Granola Bars are the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth! Oats, graham crackers, dark chocolate and marshmallow bits? Heaven 🙂
These homemade granola bars are the perfect family friendly snack recipe that will have everyone smiling ear to ear. The perfect after school snack for the kids!
Partnering with Frigidaire Gallery® today! With just a few pantry staple ingredients, you’ll have these homemade granola bars ready in no time. S’mores is one of our very favorite dessert flavors so I knew they’d make a great granola bar.
Hope you enjoy this fun recipe that makes the perfect after school snack!
Ingredients for Homemade S’mores Granola Bars
Here are the ingredients I used for my bars.
To start, you’ll toast your shredded coconut in the oven.
You’ll want to toast the coconut until golden brown.
Add your oats to a large mixing bowl.
The crumbled graham crackers.
Cereal next 🙂
Marshmallow bits! You can find these at your grocery store either by all of the other marshmallows or by the ice cream toppings. You can also order them on Amazon. They’re so great in cookie and brownie recipes too.
Aren’t they cute?
Add your toasted coconut to the bowl.
Prepare sauce and pour over your oats mixture.
At the very last minute before transferring, drizzle with a heaping tablespoon more honey and stir in your chocolate! I used dark chocolate chunks, but any chocolate chip works great.
Press Mixture Into Baking Dish and Refrigerate To Firm Up.
Press firmly into your baking dish. Let refrigerate for a good hour before slicing.
Cut into bars!
Not only are these adorable and perfect for snacking, they’ve got all of the right flavors that make for a fun granola bar. Enjoy!
Homemade S’mores Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup graham crackers crumbled
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallow bits
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place shredded coconut evenly onto baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until browned. Remove.
- Place coconut, oats, graham crackers, cereal and marshmallow bits into large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and honey, stirring until melted. Remove and stir in brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Pour mixture over oat mixture stirring to combine. Right before transferring to 9×13 dish, drizzle with additional honey and stir in chocolate chunks, without stirring too much. Transfer to dish, pressing evenly. Refrigerate for one hour before cutting into bars. For best results, keep bars chilled until serving.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery® in 2016. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.