This Mexican Breakfast Frittata is the perfect way to start your day! Flavored with taco seasoning, bell peppers, cheddar cheese and more, this frittata is super tasty.
Mexican Breakfast Frittata Recipe
There’s no better way to start your day than with this zesty Mexican style frittata recipe. Packed with delicious southwest vegetables and seasoned with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, you are in for a treat! With everything prepared in just one skillet, clean up is a breeze as well. This frittata makes great leftovers and tastes great with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top.
For more Picky Palate breakfast recipes try:
The Ultimate Breakfast Frittata
Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family favorite Mexican dishes. We love making breakfast and brunch type recipes so this frittata was so much fun to put together. I used some of my favorite Old El Paso products, their Taco Seasoning Mix and Chopped Green Chilies that brought great flavor to this breakfast recipe.
How to Make The Best Mexican Frittata
You’ll just need some simple ingredients to put this recipe together. Quick and easy.
Place your eggs in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped green chilies.
Season with one teaspoon of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. Whisk to combine.
Saute your bell peppers in a hot skillet.
Add the white onions. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Carefully pour in your egg mixture.
Let cook for a few minutes like this to start setting up.
Start pulling in slightly cooked egg edges to center.
When partially set, top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
Top with some chopped fresh parsley.
Bake under oven’s broiler just until centers are set. Be sure to watch carefully.
Sprinkle tops with a light dusting of additional taco seasoning.
Cut into wedges and serve! Enjoy.
Mexican Breakfast Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper yellow, orange, red
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place eggs into a large mixing bowl and add chopped green chilies and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute bell peppers and onion until slightly softened. Reduce heat slightly and cook eggs until about 1/2 cooked through, pulling in sided towards center. Top with cheese and parsley. Bake under oven's broiler for 3-6 minutes, until centers are set.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Mexican Breakfast Frittata
seriously, though…. this will be breakfast so often in our house! looks so delicious!
This looks so delicious Jenny!
This is my kind of breakfast!
Looks great for breakfast or dinner for that matter!
What a simple and delicious frittata!
I want to wake up to this tasty frittata!
I think I will sprinkle cilantro instead of parsley!