These Mini Broccoli, Cheddar & Bacon Quiche are so cute and fun! These delicious quiche are a fool-proof way to get your kids to eat their veggies!
Mini Quiche Recipe
This is going to be a fun week on Picky Palate! Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes today, Wednesday and Thursday then a GORGEOUS KitchenAid giveaway first thing Friday. Click HERE to see what’s up for grabs. Make sure you stop by to get entered. I am honored to be partnering with KitchenAid and Cook for the Cure for this Mother’s Day Brunch Menu and upcoming giveaway!
Ok, let’s talk about these mini quiche. I kinda love making quiche, especially mini ones. They are really quite adorable. Don’t worry, they are completely simple to prepare too! I’ve got step by step photos to prove it. Any mom would love this for Mother’s Day! Heck, they are even easy enough to make for yourself for Mother’s Day 🙂
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Feel free to play around with whatever vegetables you have in the refrigerator that need using.
How to Make Mini Quiche
You are going to fill mini pie plates with cut pieces of pie crust. I used a store bought pie crust, but use whatever pie crust recipe you’d like. Crimp your edges however you like as well. Little ramekins will work if you don’t have little pie plates. You can even use one big pie plate if you’d like. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Time to saute the vegetables.
Add the broccoli, cook and stir for a good 10 minutes then set the pan aside.
Attach your wire whisk to your mixer and let’s go!
Eggs, eggs and more eggs 🙂 8 to be exact.
A couple pinches of salt please.
Don’t forget the pepper.
Whisk, whisk whisk!
Time to full em’ up. About 3/4 way full.
Like so 🙂
Add your sauteed veggies.
Now add your bacon pieces and some cheese. Time to bake!
Remove from the oven and get ready to indulge 🙂
How fun is this?!
Mini Broccoli, Cheddar & Bacon Quiche
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bacon pieces cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and place round cuts of pie crust into 4 mini pie plates or ramekins. Partially bake crusts for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into stand mixer with the whisk attachment in place. Whisk until well combined, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for about 5 minutes then add broccoli florets, stirring and cooking for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the 4 pie dough lined pie plates. Top evenly with onion, broccoli, bacon and cheese. Bake for 22-27 minutes, until eggs are cooked through. Serve warm.