This Cookies and Cream Banana Bread recipe is totally irresistible! Made with moist and tender banana bread studded with little bites of chocolate cookie and sweet cream.
Good Tuesday to you!
This is one of those recipes that is just going to make you happy. When I was putting it together last week, I just knew it would be a star. Sure enough I was right, it is just perfect. With a giant mouthful, my little 3 year old kitchen helper mumbled, “Mom, you make the best bread ever!” With this recipe, I’m not going to argue with him!
The Oreos get nice and soft, so you get little bites of chocolate cookie and sweet cream on top that is irresistible. It’s a combination that was really meant for each other. I am looking forward to you guys trying it and letting me know what you think.
Take a peek and give it a whirl!
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
4 medium size ripe bananas (or 3 Large bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
1 Cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.
2. Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.
3. Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.
I leave you with my little helper enjoying some of the batter, I can’t blame the kid! Have a great rest of the week! See you soon with another tasty recipe!
Cookies and Cream Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas (or 3 large bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 Oreo cookies broken into pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.
- Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.
- Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.
Oh my goodness! That looks and sounds AMAZING!
That sounds like an absolutely fantastic recipe. I am a big fan of banana bread and will definitely try this. Thank you!
I’m going to have to agree with your little helper on this one and say that this looks like the best bread ever. How delicious! I’m totally going to have to try this. So glad that I’ve found your blog…it’s totally wonderful! Can’t wait to continue reading all of your yummy posts.
your helper is sooo cute!!!
looks and sounds delish!
Wow! Cookies & Cream with Bananas sounds divine!! I can't wait to have some ripe bananas on hand to bake this.
Your little guy is absolutely adorable. What a great little helper.
That is cruel and unsusal punishment, Jenny! I was just going to make your banana cookies w/Reese cups, but since I don’t have Reese cups, I was going to try milk choc chips and pb chips. Now I see this. Hmmm. I love all your banana creations! (And I have mini Oreos right now. Sigh.)
Cute helper in the kitchen. I need/want some of those cute little loaf pans.
And exactly why, with all the other flavors, have they not make Oreos with banana filling yet? Hmm. Maybe I’ll call them. 😉
I can’t wait to try this, I’m drolling all over the place. Your little taste tester is adorable. I feel like I got to know him when your were doing the BBQ Food Networl Challenge. He was so cute then too!
YUM YUM!!! I thought plain banana bread was a treat, but with OREOS? Amazing!
I love it! What a great combination.
Jenny, very yummy and creative!
Your son is adorable! 🙂
Yay! I happen to have four very ripe bananas I was planning to use tomorrow to make something yummy for Jarad’s birthday. He’ll LOVE this! Thanks Jenny – we miss you guys!
You are so darn clever, I can’t believe I didn’t think of this combination before. Sounds simply amazing!
With Oreos, you bet the kids would love this bread. Looks delicious.
Wow! Every banana bread recipe you come up with is better and better!
You’re so creative! I love the red dishes they’re cute!!
That sounds wicked good, I never would have thought to put Oreos in banana bread!
Oh wow, this looks like heaven! What a great idea, I can’t wait to try this!
This bread sounds wonderful! Anything with Oreo’s can’t be bad, right? 🙂 I don’t blame your little taste tester either; batter is SO good!
Your cookies and bread are amazing. I’m drooling here!!
What a terrific mix of flavors!
These look KILLER! I am literally drooling over here.. stumbled 🙂
Wow! Banana bread and Oreos…sounds amazing. How do you think of these delicious treats? Can’t wait to try this recipe.
Oh wow – this looks dangerous – it would disappear way too quickly in our house! Great idea!
I’ve never heard of anything liket his, but it sounds really good!
Great creation!! Love your little helper too:)
Holy moley-what a GREAT idea! Jenny-you’re a genius-I never would have thought of adding Oreos to banana bread..I can’t wait to try it!
oh goodness that does look good. sinful and full of flavor too!
That looks absolutely delicious! The kids are already begging me to make some!!!
Wow, I have some very ripe bananas in my freezer just waiting for this recipe! I’m gonna have to try it soon! YUM!
Out of this world. I know I say it every time I see him but your little guy really is a cutie pie!
Ohmigosh…that looks (and sounds) like heaven!
Looks wonderful! I can’t wait to try it!
Looks so yummy and your helper is adorable!
Oh yes! Cookies & Cream and bananas were meant to be together now that I think of it! Naughty you for making them, lol! Cute helper!