This Cookies and Cream Banana Bread recipe is totally irresistible! Made with moist and tender banana bread studded with little bites of chocolate cookie and sweet cream.
Good Tuesday to you!
This is one of those recipes that is just going to make you happy. When I was putting it together last week, I just knew it would be a star. Sure enough I was right, it is just perfect. With a giant mouthful, my little 3 year old kitchen helper mumbled, “Mom, you make the best bread ever!” With this recipe, I’m not going to argue with him!
The Oreos get nice and soft, so you get little bites of chocolate cookie and sweet cream on top that is irresistible. It’s a combination that was really meant for each other. I am looking forward to you guys trying it and letting me know what you think.
Take a peek and give it a whirl!
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
4 medium size ripe bananas (or 3 Large bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
1 Cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.
2. Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.
3. Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.
I leave you with my little helper enjoying some of the batter, I can’t blame the kid! Have a great rest of the week! See you soon with another tasty recipe!
Cookies and Cream Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas (or 3 large bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 Oreo cookies broken into pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.
- Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.
- Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.
should’re a delight.
can you tell me the amount of butter in grams please as i tried it and the result was quite greasy.
Daphne, that’s about 170 grams. 16oz=454grams which is a full box of butter, 6oz=1.5 sticks of butter, thus 170.25 grams. 🙂
I had high hopes for this bread but it didn’t really work for me. First, this does not make 2 full size loaves. It made 2 loaves that were only 1 1/2″ high- I should have just put all of the batter into one pan. Second, the bread wouldn’t come out of the pan, I’m not sure why. I had to use a flexible spatula to get under the bread in order to release it. I think that perhaps a little more flour would be good in the recipe, as this batter was very thin/runny. It did taste good, but I’m not sure I’ll try this again. : (
My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at net,
except I know I am getting experience all the time by
reading such nice articles.
Oh my goodness, how do you come up with these ideas? I just baked your chocolate banana bread with the marshmallows, I can’t wait to try it.
This recipe sounds absolutely wonderful. I can no longer eat gluten but I simply love baking and sending care packages to the people I love. I think I’m going to try this one and instead of putting oreos in it. I’m going to swap them out for nutter butter cookies and play up the peanut butter banana Idea. Thanks for sharing.
Wow-it’s so good that it made it’s way to Isreal and spreading all around with people who love baking!! 🙂
Made these as muffins last night! So easy and delicious! Who would have guessed that adding the cookies would be soooooooo good!
This IS naughty and I LOVE it. I’m all about Oreos.
What a fun idea! It’s no wonder your son was singing your praises.
Wow, this looks delicious!
What’s not to love about this Naughty Banana Bread? My son would LOVE it, too!
I tried this recipe and it was delicious, gone in less than a day. Then I made it again and substituted Reese’s peanut butter cups for the oreos although I’m sure both together would still be fine. It was devine!
Wow I Loved this creation. We had it for dessert last night. It was gone in seconds. Thank you for sharing all your ideas with us.
We loved this naughty bread! My husband loved the title you gave it!! Thank you for sharing your great talent with all the great foods you create. We tried the Roasted Banana Brownies too. We love everything we have tried. You are an inspiration to me! Thank you!!
Yum Yum YUM!!!
Your little guy is gorgeous!!! And I love Oreos. They’re my fav!!!!
Your little guys are way too cute!
Make sure to share with your friends your PUBLISED recipes in the next issue of Birth of a Mother magazine.
They look great!
I now want to put that cream on everything and eat it!
Oh, how that looks good, too! I don’t blame the little guy either!