Isn’t Fall baking the best ever? I think I could use Pumpkin in recipes for the rest of the year and be completely happy 🙂
I used my favorite one bowl chocolate chunk brownie recipe and topped it with a fabulous cream cheese, pumpkin and Oreo cookie topping. These are perfect for Fall and great for any Halloween party you might have coming up! Pax and I had a great time in the kitchen whipping these up. So fun to have a baby in the house. He’s got a front row seat in his sling while mama bakes in the kitchen 🙂
Here is a glimpse at the main ingredients you’ll need.
You’ll start melted butter and chocolate chips. Stir until just about smooth.
Next you’ll add your flour, salt and sugar.
Add some brown sugar and give a little mix.
You’ll add 2 eggs plus 1 yolk, and a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil. Mix her up!
My favorite part…..add in those massive chocolate chunks. I use any bloc chocolate and cut it into cubes.
Transfer to your 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking pan.
Place 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and 4 ounces of softened cream cheese into your mixing bowl.
Add a touch of cinnamon and brown sugar and mix mix mix 🙂
Ahhh, there we go.
You’ll place dollops of your creamy pumpkin mixture over top of your brownie batter then take a knife and swirl it through.
Top with broken Oreo Cookie pieces and bake for 40-50 minutes. Let it cool then cut into beautiful squares and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Oreo Chunk Brownies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Place cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl. Beat until creamy and smooth. Place dollops over brownie batter then take a knife and swirl pumpkin mixture through brownies. Top and gently press broken up pieces of Oreo Cookies into pumpkin layer. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 9-12 Servings
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.