Sharing a favorite rice bowl today! These Southwest Chicken and Vegetable Brown Rice Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner for busy nights.
Making rice bowl recipes for dinner is one of our favorite quick fix meals! Dinner can be so tricky when there’s so much going on during our busy weeknights. Between homework and the many kids activities it seems like there is no time to get dinner on the kitchen table. Instead of our usual brown rice bowls with just chicken and salsa, I added Green Giant™ Honey Roasted Corn Steamer for a fun twist and more vegetables. I used precooked brown rice that is microwavable as well as precooked chicken breast that I chopped. Simple and flavorful weeknight dinner that is a breeze to add to your menu plan.
Start by placing some arugula leaves or any greens your family enjoys into four serving bowls.
Layer with brown rice.
Sliced cherry tomatoes.
Layer with your salsa chicken layer.
Top with Green Giant™ Honey Roasted Corn and dinner is ready!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Use chicken and vegetable mixture in burritos too!
Southwest Chicken Vegetable Rice Bowls
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or other greens of choice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild prepared salsa
- 2 large cooked chopped chicken breast
- 11 ounce bag Frozen Corn/Vegetable Mix
- Heat Honey Roasted Corn Steamers according to package directions. Place arugula leaves into four serving bowls. Layer evenly with brown rice and sliced tomatoes. Place salsa and chopped chicken into a bowl, stir to combine. Layer chicken over rice then spoon corn over top and serve.