Air Fryer Hot Dogs are truly the best hot dogs you can make in just minutes at home! They’re slightly charred on the outside while juicy on the inside with a perfectly toasted bun. We love hot dogs all year round, but they’re especially great for parties, summertime and Holidays!
Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
Hot dogs remind me of my childhood, camping with my family and enjoying a good baseball game! These hot dogs in the air fryer come out with a slightly crisp skin and juicy inside. I love placing the hot dog in the bun and returning it back to the air fryer to get a perfect toasted bun. Get ready, the best hot dogs at home are done in under 10 minutes! Whether you’re serving them for a crowd or small party, these hot dogs will be made on repeat.
Using the air fryer has been such a time saver and what a plus not having to heat up the oven during the summer! From hot dogs to baked potatoes, I am a huge fan of ours!
For daily recipe inspiration follow Picky Palate on Instagram too!
What You’ll Need
You need just a few simple ingredients to make your own perfect hot dogs at home.
- Hot Dogs– Check your local grocery store and select a good quality hot dog for best results.
- Buns– You can use fancy bakery buns or honestly just the basic cheap hot dog buns are great too. Especially when toasted in the air fryer before serving.
- Condiments– I like to set out condiments for guests such as mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard. You can even get fancy and have BBQ sauce, Dijon mustard and even Chick-Fil-A sauce is great.
- Toppings– Toppings such as finely diced onions, pickle relish, pickle spears and even bacon are fun options. You can really get wild and have chili to make chili dogs too.
- Cheese– While the cheese is optional, you have to try melting some cheese on top of the hot dogs in the air fryer. It’s delicious!
How To Make The Best Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Cut Slits Into Hot Dogs. I cut a few slits on top of each hot dog. Gives a little extra crisp, and gives it that “grilled” look without grilling. It also helps hold the toppings. Completely optional.
Add Hot Dogs To Air Fryer. Place hot dogs into air fryer basket leaving some room in between each hot dog. I can fit about 8 hot dogs comfortably in my air fryer.
Cook. Cook hot dogs for 6-8 minutes depending how crispy you want the skin. 6 minutes gives you a nice crisp skin and 8 minutes a crispier skin.
Buns. Place hot dogs into buns and put back into the air fryer basket. Cook for 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees F. to toast the buns. If you wanted melted cheese, add cheese to the hot dog before toasting buns.
Serve. Remove toasted hot dogs from air fryer with long tongs and serve with your favorite condiments and toppings.
Pro Tips For Making The Best Hot Dogs At Home
- Create a Grilled Look. Cut little slits into the top of each hot dog before cooking in air fryer. I love the “grilled” look it gives the hot dog, plus it gives a little extra crisped skin and holds your toppings.
- Cook In Batches. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need to cook hot dogs in batches. My air fryer fits 6-8 comfortably. Make sure they are in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Buttered Buns. For a buttery toasted bun, brush melted butter over top of the buns before toasting in air fryer. Add a little garlic salt to the melted butter for garlic toasted buns. It’s FANTASTIC.
- Lots of Condiments and Toppings. Have a variety of condiments and toppings out for your guests to make the perfect hot dogs. I like to have a little of everything.
- Keep Warm. Keep hot dogs and buns covered in the oven on warm until ready to serve.
How To Serve
Whether you are serving hot dogs at your next summer party or for a quiet night in, they’re fantastic by themselves or with some of your favorite side dishes. Hot dogs are great with potato salad and macaroni salad. You have to try my easy Egg Salad recipe that would be a great side as well.
- Refrigerate. Store any leftover hot dogs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- Freezer. If you’d like to freeze the hot dogs, place in an airtight container or freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheating Instructions. To reheat hot dogs in the refrigerator place back into air fryer at 400 degrees F. and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot and crisped. If frozen, thaw hot dogs and follow the same reheating instruction.
Try More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Asparagus
The Best Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- air fryer
- long tongs to remove hot dogs and toasted buns
- sharp knife to cut slits in hot dogs
- 6-8 Hot Dogs
- 6-8 Hot Dog Buns
- Cut a few slits on top of each hot dog. This gives a little extra crisp, and gives it that “grilled” look without grilling. It also helps hold the toppings. Completely optional.
- Place hot dogs into air fryer basket leaving some room in between each hot dog. I can fit about 8 hot dogs comfortably in my air fryer.
- Cook hot dogs for 6-8 minutes depending how crispy you want the skin. 6 minutes gives you a nice crisp skin and 8 minutes a crispier skin.
- Place hot dogs into buns and put back into the air fryer basket. Cook for 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees F. to toast the buns. If you wanted melted cheese, add cheese to the hot dog before toasting buns.
- Serve. Remove toasted hot dogs from air fryer with long tongs and serve with your favorite condiments and toppings.