These cinnamon sugar seasoned air fryer French toast sticks take just minutes to make in the air fryer! They come out perfectly golden and absolutely delicious for breakfast, brunch or even snack!
If you love churro flavors, you have to also try Churro Cinnamon Roll Waffles!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
These churro style French toast sticks could not be more delicious and simple to prepare in the air fryer. They take just minutes to prepare and are so perfect for any breakfast, brunch or snack!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s perfect for kids as well as adults!
- Finger foods are more fun 🙂
- French toast sticks are great for weekend breakfast and brunch!
- So simple to make, the air fryer does all of the work for you.
What You’ll Need
You’ll need just a few ingredients to make French toast sticks in the air fryer. Let’s take a look! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full instructions.
- Bread– Use whatever bread you’d like for your French toast sticks. I used a nice thick Texas toast.
- Heavy Cream– I prefer heavy cream for the recipe, but milk works too.
- Eggs– You’ll use one large egg and one large egg yolk for the egg mixture.
- Brown Sugar– Use light or dark brown sugar the the recipe. The brown sugar adds sweetness to the French toast.
- Vanilla– For best results use pure vanilla extract.
- Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon adds the perfect sweet spice to the French toast and topping.
- Granulated Sugar– This fine sugar is mixed with the ground cinnamon and added as the churro topping.
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast
Cut Bread Into Sticks. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut bread slices into thirds.
Prepare Egg Mixture. Place heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into a shallow bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Dip Bread Into Egg Mixture. Take each pieces of bread and dip both sides into egg mixture.
Place Dipped Bread Into Air Fryer. Place each piece of dipped bread into a parchment lined air fryer basket. Cook at 370 degrees F. for 6 minutes. Open air fryer, flip bread sticks over and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until golden brown.
Melt Butter. Place butter into a heat proof bowl, cover and microwave for 40-50 seconds, until melted.
Prepare Cinnamon Sugar. Place granulated sugar and cinnamon into a shallow bowl, stir to combine.
Brush French Toast Sticks With Butter. Brush or dip each French toast stick into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
Stack French Toast Sticks. Place French toast sticks onto a serving plate with a side of maple syrup for dipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Regular French Toast Instead of Sticks?
Yes. Follow same instructions, just don’t cut bread into sticks.
How Long To Cook French Toast Sticks In Air Fryer?
You’ll cook the French toast sticks at 370 degrees F. for 6 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
Can I Fill The Air Fryer Full With French Toast Sticks?
To cook the French toast sticks properly, line the bread pieces in a single layer with space in between them. This ensures you get that nice even golden crust on both sides.
How To Serve
Serve air fryer French toast sticks with a side of fruit at your next meal that you want to impress your family and friends. They’re great as the star of the show, or serve them with an egg dish to add that savory factor!
- Refrigerate. Store any leftover French toast sticks in an airtight container or zip top bag in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating Instructions. Pop the French toast sticks back into the air fryer at 370 degrees F. for 3-4 minutes, until hot.
To freeze french toast sticks, wrap cooled individual pieces in plastic wrap then into a freezer safe air tight bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before re-heating.
Try More French Toast Recipes
Churro Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- air fryer
- parchment paper
- kitchen scissors or knife
- long tongs
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs one being just the yolk
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, salted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut bread slices into thirds.
- Place heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into a shallow bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Take each piece of bread and dip both sides into egg mixture.
- Place each piece of dipped bread into a parchment lined air fryer basket. Cook at 370 degrees F. for 6 minutes. Open air fryer, flip bread sticks over and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place butter into a heat proof bowl, cover and microwave for 40-50 seconds, until melted.
- Place granulated sugar and cinnamon into a shallow bowl, stir to combine.
- Brush or dip each French toast stick into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar mixture.