Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Dinner
Oct
2010

Tomato Basil and Romano Ricotta Spaghetti Pies

Tags: , , , , , ,

Wait until you serve these adorable spaghetti pies up for dinner.  I whipped up a fabulously simple pasta sauce, took some nice whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles and a Ricotta cheese filling to create these individual little pies.  Just wait until you try them.  I baked them in these adorable 5 inch springform pans that I found at Sur La Table.  You can also do one large 9 inch springform pan if you’d rather for one large pie 🙂

So, you start with a small piece of french bread dough (I used Pillsbury) and press it into the bottoms of 8 parchment lined springform pans.  Then, top with spaghetti noodles and a layer of ricotta cheese mixture.

Time to add your sauce, more noodles, press down…add a little more sauce…..

And the cheese….don’t forget the cheese 🙂  Bake and Voila’, cheesy and gorgeous!

Mmmmm!

Remove these beauties from the springform pan and enjoy!  Hope you love these as much as I do 🙂

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley

_____

1 lb whole wheat pasta noodles

1 roll French Bread dough

1/4 Cup fresh grated Romano cheese

1 1/2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat.  Saute onions for 5-7 minutes or until softened.  Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute then add ground beef.  Cook until crumbled and browned.

2.  Place diced tomatoes into food processor until nearly smooth.  Pour into meat mixture, add basil leaves and Romano cheese.  Reduce heat to low to simmer.

3.  Place Ricotta, mozzarella, Romano, salt, pepper and garlic salt into a large bowl and mix to combine.

4. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.  With kitchen scissors, cut noodles into smaller pieces.

5.  Unroll French Bread dough and cut 3 inch pieces.  Stretch and press into the bottom of 5 inch springform pans that have been lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.  Layer a heaping 1/4 Cup pasta noodles evenly over bread, layer with 1/4 Cup Ricotta mixture and top with 1/4 Cup meat sauce.  Top evenly with an additional 1/4 Cup pasta noodles, Romano cheese and mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot.

8 servings

__________________________

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Heather litz says:

You have my vote, what a fun/super charming entry.Good luck!!!

techkim says:

I voted for you. I love this recipe going to make it this weekend. Hey even post on pioneer Woman’s site and her other Tasty Kitchen? You should and maybe get some more votes in. 🙂

Tiffany says:

Are those MINI springform pans and if so WHERE do I get my hands on some?

Angela says:

Voted, hope you win! Thanks for the chance to win too! 🙂

Brandi Bailey says:

I just voted for you! It seems kinda unfair that 2 people can join together and get double the votes!? :/ I’ll keep voting and hope you win!! I think your entry looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it! Good luck!

Emily Ballard says:

I VOTED! This recipe is adorable! Gives me a reason to go to Sur La Table and get those adorable mini springfoam pans! 🙂 Cant wait to try it!

Your spaghetti pies look amazing! How creative is this idea. Love that they back inside those spring form pans. You have my votes 🙂

Jen says:

I just voted, good luck!

Cari says:

I voted for you!!! I have some picky eaters and have never had a bad reaction when serving your recipes. Where do you find small springform pans? We love spaghetti here!!! Thank you for sharing all of your creations with us.

Julie says:

Those really are adorable! Wish I had some of those little pans, how cute.

These are absolutely adorable – I bet your boys absolutely loved them!! Your in my tickler so I am voting every day – no worries, you’ll win!

Lauren says:

Super cute recipe – I’ll have to try it out —- I am having trouble imagining the bread on the bottom…… BTW I think you should divide that prize into 3 and make 3 readers happy!

sarah says:

I cant wait to make these!!
    I hope you win!!! I will try to remember to vote everyday!!

Tonya says:

This looks really yummy! I voted too.

Robyn says:

What a creative recipe! I love it!!! Good luck and headed over to vote now! 🙂

These look so good & so darn cute. I voted and I wish you luck!

megan says:

I voted and good luck!

Chelsea says:

Voted for you Jenny! I hope you win!! This recipe looks awesome..I can’t wait to make it for my family.

LimeCake says:

that’s a really neat idea! good luck for the contest!

Tina Rhodes says:

I made these last night and they were wondeful!!!! Good Luck in the contest!! I voted!!! (I am putting the word out too!)

Jessica B. says:

Jenny: How do you think this holds up for leftovers/reheating? Was thinking it would be an easy go to when I make meals for family w/new baby/death in family/friend who needs a cheer-me-up meal…. Thoughts?

Wow that looks absolutely amazing! So cute 🙂

katie hadfield says:

I Voted…. not fair that one of your competitors have two people so that is twice as many votes!! LOL 😉
    I will try to vote for you every day love your FAN club in the OC!!!

Kendall says:

These got my vote – lots of luck!

Sahnda says:

These look delicious! You got my vote! Hope you win!!!

You definitely get my vote! What a fantastic dinner these would make for my family.

KayCee says:

I LOVE your recipes!!! You are sure to win…..and you will have my daily vote! Best of luck!!

Jan Messali says:

This recipe looks fantastic… I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it… off to vote for you!

Mindy G says:

Awesome recipe. I jsut voted for you. Good Luck.

Who knew spaghetti could be so cute?!? I voted for you! 🙂 Good luck!

I’m in love with these individual spaghetti pies. I swear, I could eat spaghetti every night of the week. I would love to try this!

[…] some pretty pics of everything at every stage. It often has some kind of insane recipe suggestion (spaghetti pie anyone?) but I ain’t mad, keeps things interesting. When this recipe for Pumpkin White Choc […]

I don’t have little baby springform pans so I think i’ll give this a try in some big muffin tins instead! I’ve seen little lasagnes made this way too. Seems like it would be really fun for a crowd. A little labor intensive but I bet once you get into the groove it would go pretty quickly!

Lenita says:

I loved your recipe and already voted!
    Kisses from Brazil to you!
    Good luck.

Lenita

Mary says:

Adorable & yummy? You are good. You can count of my vote! : )

Melissa Ventura says:

These are wonderful and I am going to add meatballs to mine!

Vel J. says:

Wow, that look so tasty. I am going to have to make it one of these snowy nights. Thanks for the idea 🙂

[…] …and I am pretty sure that my kids would think I was amazing if I made her Individual Spaghetti Pies. […]

[…] baked spaghetti recipes on the blogs that you may enjoy: Tomato Basil and Romano Ricotta Spaghetti Pies by Picky Palate Not Your Average Baked Spaghetti by The Cooking Photographer Baked Chicken […]

I’m definitely a fan of personal sized foods, and your individual sized spaghetti seems like a perfect mix of lasagna (b/c the layers), spaghetti, and you can’t forget the pie!

[…] this week’s Five Friday Finds. 🙂 (Images straight from the recipes and pinned on Pinterest.) Individual Spaghetti Pies – Picky Palate As some of you know, I’m a fan of individual sized foods, and these individually sized […]

[…] cute Spaghetti Pies are great for entertaining or treating your family with.  They’ll be all smiles when these […]

stephanie says:

Does this make (4)5 inch pies or 8?

I love the idea of food in little individual serving sizes. It just seems so charming! (Maybe I never got over playing with doll-house-sized toy food when I was a kid.) Thanks for this. Seems like a perfect dish for entertaining because afterall, who doesn’t like spaghetti?!

Agnes says:

Am I the only one who questions why anyone would want to clutter their cupboards with tiny springform pans for one recipe, no matter how cute it looks in a picture?

[…] Adapted from Picky Palate Ingredients […]