Jan
2009

Baby Carrot Love…

Tags: ,

Appetizers and Sides

Friday! Well early early Friday for me, another late night. Went to see Bride Wars tonight with some other “Newport Mommies” and had a great time. I’d probably leave the guys at home for this one. It’s perfect for a ladies night that’s for sure.

For all you Mommy’s out there who would love to win a great Bumbleride double stroller, check out this blog to enter: I Never Grew UP.

Well, for this holiday weekend, I leave you with a very simple, yet beautiful little carrot recipe that I LOVE. Garlic and ginger is such a great combo, so fresh and fragrant. Mind you, use any carrot form you’d like, slice them, dice them even julliene them, just steam them first until slightly tender. I found this cute bag of baby carrots at the neighborhood grocery store (totally over priced), but had to have them. You can’t get much easier than this one, give it a whirl, you won’t be disappointed!

Garlic Gingered Baby Carrots

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated

1 small package baby carrots, approx 2 Cups, steamed until fork tender

Pinch of salt

1. Heat olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add baby carrots and salt. Saute for 2 minutes then serve.

2 servings

__________________________

My boys are so goofy, I had a good laugh at this snapshot. Have a great holiday weekend! See ya’ll next week for some sweets. I can’t take it anymore!

Comments

HoneyB says:

Yumm Jenny! Sounds like your fitting right in at your new home. I had no doubt you would! Love that photo of your son!

Gera says:

Hi Jenny!

So delicious because is easy, fresh and healthy.
    I can feel the fragrance of this dish…beautiful pic of your boy!

Gera .:. sweetsfoods

Deborah says:

I wish I could find some beautiful carrots like these!! And I really want to see that movie – I’ll have to drag my sisters along with me since it sounds like one my hubby won’t enjoy! :)

That Girl says:

I’ve been doing a lot of ginger with carrots lately. I think it’s the combination of the sweet carrots and the bite of ginger that draws me in.

Bob says:

That sounds so good, garlic/ginger/carrots are an awesome combo.

Barbara says:

Baby carrots are my favorite, but only can find them if I go shopping near St. Louis.
    My husband is a jewel as he went to see “Bride Wars” with me. He even liked it.

Mary Ann says:

What a great side dish. I love garlic and ginger more than anything!

Stephanie says:

That looks yummy. My baby carrots always come from Wal-Mart and never have those cute little stems on them…

Jennifer says:

I love carrots with dill. Which is saying a lot because I used to be a carrot-hater!
    Your son is so cute!

skinnybovineskitchen says:

oooh… i want to see bride wars so bad! and jenny – i was looking at the soup below and just wanted to say i’m glad i’m not the only one who cooks something with a mexican twang more often than not. i love mexican food!

Meg says:

This is a great way to enjoy carrots. Love the pic of your son!

Steph says:

Jenny, your boys are so cute it kills me! I can just tell they have the most brightest little personalities just from the pictures! The carrots are cute too!

Katrina says:

Simple and YUM!

Chef Chuck says:

Hi Jenny, That looks and sound great!
    I must get some ginger!!
    Thanks, Chuck

Sharon says:

Simple, yet delicious! I just returned from a movie night as well. We saw Marley & Me…so cute!

CookiePie says:

Those carrots look beautiful, and I love the flavor combo!

Ginger says:

Hey Jenny, those carrots look so good. I have been trying to come up with different ways to serve them and I am going to try these. I know that my husband will LOVE them, the big test is going to be my 17 year old son’s “picky palate”!!! Thanks for posting and I photo is really good.

Jaime says:

haha love the photo. glad you are already meeting some friends in CA :) these carrots look delicious, and so easy too

Katherine Aucoin says:

These have my mouth watering. I am a carrot fiend!

Aggie says:

Love love love that picture!!

Those carrots look awesome! I bet you are just loving all that great CA produce! You are making me want to move out there!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

So cute the little ones: both the carrots and the kid!

Sara says:

I love baby carrots too, they’re great roasted.

recipes2share says:

fabulous photos of the carrots & your son is so cute!

Deborah Dowd says:

I love that your blog celebrates your children as well as your food! Great recipes! I’ll be back!

Fayeabell says:

I tried this tonight, It was really good, easy to do and healthy too. Although I dint have extra virgin oil so I just used canola oil but still tasted good. I love your recipes and go through them every night :) Thanks for being so generous in sharing your recipes.

Your boy is so cute in the pic. Looking forward to more of your recipes!!