Aug
2010

Easy Summer Dinners and Reader Favorite Recipes

Monday snuck right up on us again didn’t it?!  I have been running around NYC since last Thursday and am just flying back home this morning.  Thought it would be fun to compile some Easy Summer Dinners and favorite reader recipes of Picky Palate today.

Let’s start with some great summer dinners…..as in break out the crockpot so you don’t have to fire up the oven!  Here are some of my dinner pics that will do just the trick…plus a panini that is perfect for summer with minimal heat :)

Steak and Goad Cheese Quesadillas

Crock Pot Beef Tacos in Soft Tortilla Bread

Toasted Whole Grain Apple Cheddar Panini

Slow Cooked Green Chili Pork Tacos with Corn and Tomato Relish

Reader Favorite Treats!

Let’s start with the Motherlode Layered Cookie Bars.  I created this recipe September 2009 and had no idea it would be such a hit.  It is extreme that’s for sure!  Think all of your favorite cookies piled up on top of each other in one giant bar.  It really is a fun recipe :)

Motherload Layered Cookie Bars

My Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies are probably one of my favorite recipes I’ve created here on Picky Palate.  There is just something about these chilled in the refrigerator that make them irresistible!  If you haven’t tried them yet….what are you waiting for?!  Lol :)

Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies?  Yes!!

Last but certainly not least are my Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars.  I created this recipe for Bettycrocker.com last Halloween and it was a huge hit.  This is a great recipe to take to any party :)

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars

__________________________________________

Have a great new week, come back soon for details about my fun in NYC and some new recipes!!

Comments

I love those layered cookie bars. I have made them multiple times and everyone loves them!

i tried my hand at making my own cookie layer bars…had i known they were on here (and likely much better than mine) I would have made yours instead! yum!

I love the layered cookie bar. Just made a batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies last week. I might add they flew off the plates…..

Tiffany says:

I make those motherload cookie on a regular basis…I haven’t tried the other two yet!

Those quesadillas are calling my name!!

Can’t wait to hear all about NYC!! Sounds like it was a blast! xo

justcooknyc says:

those bars are insane. hope you had fun in nyc.

Now my only problem is deciding what to make….it all looks SO GOOD!!!

Whitney says:

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars!! I think I’m in heaven. I’ve always been a sucker for carmel.

Jenny, your blog is such a great place to get quick, easy & delicious recipe selections. Thanks for making this list of Summer & Reader Favorites. Glad to hear NYC was great. xo

Angie says:

What a great recipe list. I love your paninis, I haven’t made those yet. And those cookie bars, to die for! Glad you had a blast in NYC! Can’t wait to hear about the trip.

Eliana says:

Love this roundup of recipes. They all look super delish.

Fuji Mama says:

What a fun roundup! I’m so glad you did this, because I had never seen the recipe for the Motherlode Layered Cookie Bars. Wait, maybe I’m not glad, because I’m thinking that now I HAVE to make them, which I’m guessing will mean that I’ll eat WAY TOO MANY by myself. Aaaaaaaargh!

Kati says:

My FAV is the green chili pork, the corn salsa is AMAZING!! it is so good, I think it will be on the menu this week! THANK YOU for sharing!

Tina says:

I tried the cinnamon roll sugar cookies and they are heaven!! I took them around to a few girls I visit and they LOVED them. My husband begged me to leave some for him. Thanks for the recipe!!!

I love this collection of recipes! They are perfect for the warmer months!

I shouldn’t be reading blogs right now. We had pancakes for a late lunch, flat bread grilled pizza for dinner, and now I’m making more flat bread and very tempted to bake a dessert. Danger Zone.

Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your augment and even I fulfillment you access persistently quickly.