Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Mar
2011

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Oh how I love a treat that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.  My boys and their buddies couldn’t get enough of these Chewy Oreo Bars we had as an after school snack this week.  Sometimes my spontaneous recipe creations turn out to be the most fun, lol!

Yes you use an entire package of Oreo Cookies, but what you get in return is a marshmallow-y Oreo treat that is worth every bite :)

Surprise the kids (and yourself) with this one, they’ll be all smiles, Enjoy!

3 whole ingredients.  I know, tricky :)

Break out your Cookies!

Place them all in the food processor or blender and mix until ground.

Like so.

Melt the butter and marshmallows into a large bowl until puffed.

You’ll get a little something like this :)

Working quickly, pour in your ground cookies.

Mix, mix and mix :)

You’ll get  a gooey mess….that’s delish!

Transfer to an 8×8 inch baking pan and let set for about 10 minutes.

Cut into squares and indulge :)

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

One 16 oz package of Oreo

5 cups Large Marshmallows

4 tablespoons butter

1.  Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground.  Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes.  Remove and pour in ground Oreo Cookies.  Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan.  Let set up for 10 minutes.  Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.

Makes 9 large bars

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny…you are my hero!!!

You made a
    no bake dessert
    using oreos
    using marshmallows (i love!)
    and it’s like rice krispy treats but with oreos, instead.

And that plate…omg so I bought one JUST like that except with a black and white polka dot ribbon from Marshall’s in San Diego about 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting for the perfect dessert to use it on…I love the red ribbon w/ the black/white dessert you did. Tres chic :)

These look delightful! I’d like one for breakfast. :) How perfect with warmer weather coming!

Just when I thought cookies and cream couldn’t get any better!

This is the best twist on rice crispy treats that I have ever seen!

Amanda says:

Wow! These look amazing!

this is sooooo dangerous…now i won’t have any excuses for not making dessert in the summers!

Katrina says:

Uh oh! You’ve discovered my weakness. I’m going to go crazy on these. Yum!

Oh yum this is amazing. Now getting fat is even easier for me ;)

Erin A. says:

These look really good! I have a really easy oreo truffle recipe that I need to post soon. Thanks for the reminder!!! :) Today I’m focused on green cocktails on my blog…in the spirit of St Patty’s Day. Yumm!

Wow, every dessert recipe you come up with is so amazing! i LOVE all of your ideas :)

Allison says:

I LOVE having a few no bake desserts on hand! I keep the ingredients in the pantry, and when someone calls to tell me they are coming over shortly, I tidy up the house and make a quick dessert that will be ready when they arrive! This one is perfect! Thanks!

pretty sure i could eat a whole pan of these! yum!!

Rachel says:

I love this! I’ll definitely be making these ASAP, they look absolutely fabulous.
    Now my brain is reeling with what else I could make into a Rice Krispy treat-type bar!

Kirstin says:

wow. YUMMY!!!! I think I’ll try these the next time my girls have friends over.

EatLiveRun says:

these look great! and only three ingredients!

Okay I have a very serious question for you.

Just how many packs of Oreos do you go through in a week?? LOL!

I love a quick and easy treat- yum yum!

Dani Johnson says:

Why do you do this to me? I was never much of a dessert fan and then I started watching your blog several years ago and now I am hooked. Looks delicious as usual!

Chrissy says:

These might just be the most scruptious-looking pieces of goodness EVER. Thanks for sharing!

Oh. My. These look way too good right now. Doesn’t help that Oreos are my favorite cookie! Such a creative recipe, and so simple!

Imagine if you added a little peanut butter to this?! Mmmmm!

JennR says:

Wow! You’re on a roll with Oreos–yum! I just bought some mint ones–those would be good in this recipe too!

Georgia says:

I suppose you could use any cookies for this – Nutter Butters??

Christa says:

YUM!!!! What a fun treat!!! I don’t know if I’d want to sacrifice the original oreo goodness, though. hmmmm…will have to contemplate this one… :)

What a great idea!! I love no bake anything =)

Very creative! Opens up all kinds of possibilities…

Love this Jenny!! No bake is so simple & just as delicious as baked :) xo

Gayle says:

I may have to try these but with non-chocolate cookies (unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate), maybe vanilla or lemon sandwich cookies. Hmm… I can almost taste them now. :) Thanks for sharing your recipe.

jitterbuug says:

OOOOOH MY GOSH, that sounds DELICIOUS!!!!! Cannot wait to try these!

Jennifer W. says:

OMG! I have a package of Golden Oreos hidden from the kids and the hubby. (Those are the favorite Oreo in this house.) Do you think those would work for this?

You piqued my interest with trying Golden Oreos. Let me know if they turn out.

• Jennifer W. says:

OK, so I made the Original Oreo and a batch of the Golden Oreo ones. YUM on both!!! Now I am debating doing this with graham crackers and milk chocolate chips. What do you think?

Christina says:

I haven’t bought a package of Oreo’s since…I don’t know when. These look like the perfect excuse to buy some!

I love you more and more each day.

This looks amazing. And easy.

These look amazing..and so darn easy.

Charissa says:

Wow, this looks so tempting! Hehe, I better leave this site…because your pictures are absolutely mouth watering!!!

JJJ says:

That is around 3600 calories in the pan, and that makes 400 calories a bar…… I definitely would be able to eat three no problem (no problem for anyone but my waistline and those that want to share!)

Jada says:

Take a pkg of regular Oreo’s and process. Add 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, process and chill for 1 hour. Roll in balls and dip in melted white chocolate……….these are so good.

Oreo Truffle Balls

Lindsey says:

Genius! I’m def making these!

Sues says:

These look fabulous! And I’m kind of obsessed with the fact that you don’t have to bake them :)

Ashley says:

WOW! You read my mind with this recipe. When I was little I used to always request from my mom to make me oreo brownies. They were a simple brownie mix that came with crushed oreos and white “glaze” to drizzy over. They were my absolute favorite! Of course, they stopped making those years ago and I kind of forgot about them until now!!! MMMM definitely going to be baking these this weekend and I’m so thankful they are SIMPLE!! Another great recipe =)

Tarah says:

Oh my Ashley, those were my absolute favorite! I’ve tried to find them so many times or a homemade version of them. I’ll have to try these too!

Big gooey messes always turn out to be the best treats. These sound wonderful, Jenny!

Mandy says:

Yum! I’m not a huge rice krispy treat fan but THESE I could get into!:)

Katertot says:

Another simple, delicious, ingenius recipe! I’ll be making these for my son’s birthday treat. There’s nothing better than feeding the kids a bunch of sugar and then expecting them to sit quietly and learn. lol

doughmesstic says:

Genius. Devilish, but genius.

[...] snack. It doesn’t sound that special but it is truly the most delicious combo ever. I found this recipe and had all the ingredients on hand. Remembering how good peanut butter + oreos are [...]

Wow. I’ve done this with fruity pebbles, but I never thought of this! It looks SO good, and so easy! Thanks for this one…I’m always looking for quick desserts to make in a pinch.

Tracy says:

I’m loving these! And so easy too. What a great last-minute dessert idea!

MissSpider says:

Just made them and threw in 1/3 Cup of Butterscotch chips. They are SO good and EASY. Thanks!! :D

Melissa says:

These look incredible!!! And I’m already picturing them made with Nutter Butters….YUM!!! Thank you!

Julie says:

These look amazing!!!!!! Seriously can’t wait to try these. Oreo’s never go out of style!

TravelinTina says:

Num! My kids are Oreo freaks…I will be making these and soon!