Mar
2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread

Tags: , , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Break out the biscuits, you’ll want to try this fun twisted Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread.  I’ve used the new Simply line of biscuits from Pillsbury and created a perfect after school treat or new brunch idea.

Grab the kiddos and let them help shake the ziplock bag around and watch this fun treat rise in the oven, enjoy!

Before you go be sure to hop on over to see my latest Smithfield.com post, apparently I have PB&J on the brain!

Here are the products I used.

Loving this new line from Pillsbury!

You’ll start by pouring your melted butter into a large ziplock bag.

Cut up all of your biscuits into fourths.

Add them to the bag and toss around to coat the biscuits in butter.

Pour in the sugar and mix, mix, mix!

Your biscuits will be nice and coated like so :)

Arrange your biscuits into your favorite 9-inch cast iron skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.

Drizzle your warmed peanut butter over tops.

Like so :)

Either drizzle or spoon over the warmed jelly and time to bake!  350 Degrees F for 18-22 minutes :)

Pour over your sweet cream while still warm, oh yah!

Enjoy the site of this gorgeous skillet for a second and then….break apart and munch :)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread

1 can Refrigerated Biscuits, 8 count (I used the Simply line from Pillsbury)

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed in microwave until liquid like

1/2 cup jelly of choice, warmed in microwave until liquid like

4 tablespoons heavy cream

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Place melted butter into a large ziplock bag and toss in cut biscuits. Shake around to coat then toss in sugar, mixing to combine. Pour into prepared 9-inch cast iron skillet and drizzle warmed peanut butter and jelly over top. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through and golden.

3. Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar until combined then drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.

6 servings

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week, come back soon!

Take a peek at my PB&J Popcorn HERE :)

Comments

As is monkey bread wasn’t good enough!! This sounds awesome.

Jenny these look lethal and deadly. OMG HOW DELISH!!! Peanut Butter & Jelly. And in a cast iron skillet..love it!

I bet your house smelled amazing when you made this :)

Blond Duck says:

Popped in to say hi! This looks so delicious! I like this a lot better than plain monkey bread!

oh girl. this is pure evil, and i love it! my hubby’s going to freak out when he sees this…

You are a genius! This is amazing!!

I made your mozz-meatballs last night, and aside from the surprise cheese inside, those were the best meatballs EVER! :)

fun twist on monkey bread! that’s one of our Christmas morning staples :)

Jeez. That looks delicious.

Such a fun, original idea!

And I thought REGULAR monkey bread was good! You are amazing at coming up with recipes :)

Lori Hodges says:

These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing. I have just one question though, with all this yummy food you create how are you not fat!?!?!? :)

Corrina says:

Does this have to be done in a cast iron skillet? This looks amazing and I don’t have a cast iron skillet at home : (

Katrina says:

Oh my! I really, really, really like the look of this bread. Yum!

oh wow! i looooove monkey bread, and pb&j, and things cooked in a skillet! guess this recipe is going on my must try list!

katie says:

This is amazing! I wish I had this for breakfast!

d.liff says:

This looks so good! I need to buy a cast iron skillet – and as soon as I do this is one of the first things I will make with it!

sylvie says:

I’m with Corrina – I don’t have a cast iron skillet. Can I just throw this all in an 8×8 baking dish and get the same results?

Hi Sylvie, yes an 8×8 inch baking dish will work just fine :)

• sylvie says:

I made it this weekend, and between my husband, me and our 4 kids it was gone in a flash! We used strawberry jam since we always have that in our cupboard, and I used probably a 1/2 cup of peanut butter instead of a 1/4 cup. Good grief was that ever good!! Caught my youngest trying to lick the pan!

Sues says:

Wow, this is like a dream come true!! Of course, I’d probably end up eating the whole skillet… But being completely happy :)

this looks amazing. i can’t wait to make it on saturday morning. i have to wait until the weekend so the hubby will be home, otherwise i might eat the whole pan myself!

mmmm This looks really good.

I love peanut butter and jam so much. This would be excellent with blackberry jam.

you are clever and dangerous Ms. Thing!!

Melissa says:

I’m drooling. This will be awesome for breakfast when that oh so picky nephew of mine sleeps over!

Meghan says:

These look so yummy!! It seems like my kids will only eat PB&J so this will be a great recipe for us!

Seeing as I’m OBSESSED with my cast iron skillet (see today’s post, lol) I will most definitley be trying this ASAP! It looks silly delicious!! xo

This looks absolutely amazing. Need to try!

I love peanut butter and jelly! this looks amazing! brilliant!

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

A very serious new craving has been born.

I can’t wait to take this recipe out for a spin.

Thank you so much for this post!

Sharlene says:

Wonderful creative take on an old childhood favorite!

Chrissy says:

mmmmm! Such a good monkey bread combo! Also, how GREAT is that organic strawberry jam from Costco? My favorite…

This monkey bread is so fun! Love the PB & J take on it :) so

vann says:

oh this looks FANTASTIC! i definitely am adding this to my list of items to make!

Oh Jenny, you’ve outdone yourself again. Monkey bread + PB + J? Sounds fabulous!

Tiffany says:

This is my first visit to your site (I think I may have been living under a rock!) and wow – PB&J Monkey Bread – I think I’m in love!

Olivia says:

I made this tonight and it was fabulous! My little girls couldn’t stop licking the spoons after scooping and drizzling. Thanks so much!

[...] Picky Palate – She had me at Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread! [...]

Tracy says:

How fun! Love that you made it in a skillet!!

You’ve just made this pregnant girl very happy. Thank you!

Another fabulous creation!

Amanda says:

Love this skillet PB&J version!! Gotta try this :)

Elena says:

My sister, pregnant in 9 months was happy with the new recipe!

Erin A. says:

Oh boy these look soooo good! I made a PB & J recipe last night that I’m posting next week. Totally different, but sooo yummy! I look forward to trying this out with the kids!

Thanks :)

Aki! says:

Ugh. I die.

Every time I need my sweet tooth conquered, I look at your blog.

[...] @ Handle The Heat German Pancake With Berries from Josh & Maria @ Two Peas & Their Pod Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread from Jenny @ The Picky Palate Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Squares from Lindsey @ Gingerbread [...]

Such a fun recipe- I’ll bet your boys loved this one too!

Carol says:

I’ve been following your blog for some time now, but rarely (if ever) leave a comment. I don’t know why, maybe I’m just speechless with my overworked, salivating taste-buds that are preventing my brain cells from forming logical thoughts. None of that made sense, I know. Suffice it to say, I keep thinking you are going to “peak out” on creating these wonderful treats, but you continue to amaze me with more and more deliciousness. I started following after visiting from Kevin & Amanda. I will continue to follow & enjoy reading your wonderful creations.
    CAS

I love the idea of making this in a skillet. What a fun dish to make with the kids.

Diane M. says:

I made this on Saturday morning and it was so easy and amazing! I definitely recommend getting a good strawberry jam rather than grape. 4 Stars for sure!

That is too much fun – what a creative idea! I am definitely going to try these out for brunch next weekend!

Erin A says:

I still want to try this! Just posted my Peanut Butter Cupcakes with PB&J flavored Buttercream today! It’s PB&J time! :)

natalie says:

Do you think this would work with honey?? My kids are PB&Honey fans :)