Jul
2013

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars by Picky Palate

I’d like you to meet my new love….Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars.  Here’s a fair warning, don’t be left alone with these.

I use a yellow cake mix as a base to make a simple to prepare cookie bar.  Great to take to family, friends and potlucks.  There won’t be any leftovers that’s for sure.

Enjoy!

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-19

Simple list of ingredients.  If you have a Trader Joe’s you can use their Cookie Butter, same goodness :)

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-20

Let’s get started…add your cake mix to a nice big mixing bowl.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-21

A stick of melted butter, mmm!

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-22

1 large egg.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-23

1/2 cup biscoff spread.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-24

1 cup mini chocolate chips.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-25

Look at this dough!!  Oh yah.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-26

Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.

prebaked and baked

Press evenly and bake!

Biscoff Icing

The gooey biscoff icing is sweetened condensed milk and biscoff spread melted.  Talk about heaven.

Spreading Icing

Please do yourself a favor and take a lick of this icing.

Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars-35

• 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup Creamy Biscoff Spread
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 6 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup Creamy Biscoff Spread

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
    2. Place melted butter, cake mix, Biscoff and egg into a large mixing bowl. Mix until dough forms and stir in chocolate chips. Press dough into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 20 minutes.
    3. To prepare icing, heat sweetened condensed milk and Biscoff spread into a small saucepan over medium low heat until creamy and thick. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Pour over bars and cut into squares. Serve gooey or let icing set up.

Makes 12 Servings

Comments

Jenny it’s great to see a cakemix bar recipe from you. I feel like it’s been awhile – and I love all your bar recipes. And Biscoff- you’re right, there will be NONE of these babies left over if you take them to a potluck or an event. I’d love one right now! Pinned!

These look insanely delicious!! LOVE!

JulieD says:

I knew when I saw your Instagram I would love this recipe & I do!! Can’t wait to make this!

Look at that glaze…I’m in love :)

Woaaah look at that icing!! Awesome!

Angie says:

I love these! I have a big jar of Biscoff that needs to be made into these bars!

carrian says:

oh good mercy, how can I resist this?!

That frosting!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome bar recipe! Love the gooey drips! :)

Amanda says:

That piece with the dripping frosting is calling me name!! What a glorious recipe Jenny!

OMG!! these look amazing, Jenny!!!

Teresa Young says:

these look incredible!

Tieghan says:

I love those drips!! These bars look insane!! The frosting is to die for!

Jenny, how I love biscoff and I just know that this creation is out of this world!!!

Liz says:

These are too wonderful. Thanks Jenny and have a great day!

Stacey L. says:

OH MY WERD. This is not helping my Biscoff addiction! Can’t wait to make these!

That *THUD* you just heard was me falling on the floor.

Pinning this! I’m all over that glaze!

Deborah says:

These look absolutely divine, Jenny!

elaine says:

never heard of Biscoff icing. Can you get it in Canada???

LOVE these bars!

OMG Jenny!!! these look sooo good!!

These look as sweet as you, Jenny. <3

Laura says:

Yum. Do you think peanut butter could be used in place of the Biscoff?

I love Biscoff, these rule!

Nellie says:

Not only was I starting to itch and twitch from baking withdrawal but I have Biscoff spread that’s been mocking me for days in my kitchen pantry. Thank YOU so much for this very delicious-looking (and I’m sure it will be!!) dessert that is going to be my saving grace. I cannot wait to race home tonight and make this!

Axelle the french cook says:

This looks AB-SO-LUT-LY gorgeous ! I would die for a slice, really !

Ikhlas says:

These look fabulous, Jenny! Quick question: is it possible to use PB as a substitute for cookie butter or Biscoff? We don’t get either in Canada!

naomi says:

I need a whole pan of this!

Gaby says:

I literally just drooled on my computer!

Love, love biscoff, and this looks divine! I will have to try soon!

Chels R. says:

Oh my goodness!!! I need some of that!

Nessa says:

Heavenly!

Ashwag says:

These look sooo yummmy. I don’t think the biscoff spread is available where i live so what alternatives do you suggest even if homemade .thanks in advance and thank you for this amazing blog

Someone else here asked if they can use Peanut Butter so that would be a good substitute. I’d love to hear if that works out for you. Enjoy!!

judy says:

what is biscoff spread? is it just peanut butter?
    I am from ontario in canada.

Hi Judy,
      Biscoff spread is made from cookies with the same consistency as peanut butter. It has a cinnamon graham cracker taste if you ask me :) It’s delicious! You can try ordering it on Amazon.com.

Marian says:

Oh my goodness! I need these!

OMG! I need this in my life!! Gotta try baking with biscoff soon :D

marla says:

These bars look like the perfect treat!

Cheryl says:

Oh yes for sure, Don’t be left alone with these. Wow these look gifts from heaven :) Thanks for the amazing recipe. :)

Pat says:

YUM!YUM! LOVE Biscoff!

Love Biscoff/cookie butter/Speculoos, whatever, love love love it. These look ooey gooey good.

[...] newbie or two. This time around one of the newbies was Gooey Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cake Bars from Picky Palate. The minute I saw them on Jenny’s site the tug of war began. Make them, don’t make them, make [...]

I’m going to buy the ingredients this moment.

Yummmmmmmmmm.

This looks mouth wateringly delicious! Yummy!

Jenna says:

This might be an odd question, but how many ounces/weight of the cake mix? I have quite a stock of homemade cake mixes (I have celiac and refuse to spend $8 on a gritty poorly flavored store bought cake mix, so every few months I take a day and make a dozen or so ‘dump & go’ bags for quick desserts. A quarter of the price and 100x better tasting!) to use, and this looks like a perfect switchup once I know what size/amount to start from. And serendipitously, one of my baking projects this week is to make a knockoff biscoff cookie and then use those to make a GF knockoff of the biscoff spread. Proof the universe WANTS me to have these bars! Thanks also for all the amazing work you do both here on the site and in your book. You do really a wonderful job with both!

palka says:

I made these over the weekend and they are heaven!! I am a huge fan of anything biscoff!
    I actually made them without the topping because i mailed them to my Dad as part of a birthday gift.
    Do the bars need to be refridgerated if the topping is used?

brittany k says:

These look fantastic! Question – does the glaze set up after a while or stay gooey?