Dec
2013

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups

Tags: ,

Appetizers and Sides

If sweet and savory is your thing, be sure to try my Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups!

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups

Teaming up with Pillsbury is always a treat, because there are so many fun things you can whip up with their crescent rolls.  I remember the first time we tried the Monte Cristo Sandwich at Disneyland and I about died it was so good.  I wanted to create those same great flavors with my crescent rolls that were simple and completely irresistible.

You definitely get the sweetness from the jam but the savory bites of provolone and turkey in every bite.  All of those flavors wrapped up in buttery crescent rolls makes for a decadent little roll.  Yah, they’re kind of amazing.  You gotta give this one a try!

Enjoy!

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-2

First things first, pinch together 2 crescents to form a rectangle as shown here.  Spread lightly with your jam.

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-3

Perfect, now you are ready for your next layer.

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-4

Top with a couple slices of provolone cheese.  Brie would also work lovely here.

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-5

Top with a couple slices of turkey breast, enough to cover the cheese.

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-6

Time to roll em up.

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-8

Nice!

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-10

These babies are ready for the oven.  They will spread a bit and the jam/cheese oozes out slightly.  No worries.  Once they are out of the oven, carefully take a plastic knife and push back around rolls.  Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into slices.  I like to dust them with powdered sugar too :)

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-12t

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups

Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups-12tPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min

Ingredients

• 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 8 count
  • 1/4 cup raspberry or blackberry jam
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
  • 8 slices turkey breast (I used lunch meat slices)
  • 1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner.
  2. Unroll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and pinch 2 crescents together forming a rectangle. Seal edges. Spread a thin layer of jam over each rectangle. Layer each with 2 slices of Provolone cheese and 2 slices of turkey breast. Roll each rectangle up placing seam side down on baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Rolls will spread and jam/cheese will ooze out slightly. Once out of the oven, take a plastic knife and bring cheese and jam back around rolls. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then cut each roll into 3 slices. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve warm.

Makes 12 Servings

This is a sponsored post for Pillsbury however thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

These are so simple yet brilliant! I will be making these for our big doodah coming up! I am wondering, however, if they can be assembled and then frozen unbaked? That sure would help to have a boatload made beforehand and then baked off the day of the party!

Great idea! Love the bite-sized portions, too!

What a great idea! These look so good!

Shaina says:

So quick and easy. I love it!

Love this easy recipe!

This is brilliant! I love Monte Cristo sandwiches. I can’t wait to make these for our “Christmas N Friends” night. Thanks for the great recipe!

Caroline says:

I DO love that sweet and savory combination! These are such a great idea! I’d love to make these for the holidays!

Brian says:

Always an excellent idea and one which I’ve being doing a variation on over the years.

Question though: I find that depending on the meat being used, if it has a lot of water/moisture in it, it would help to find a way to get the water out/down.

With the jam/jelly and potentially some ham, they get a bit soggy on the bottom and don’t cook all the way through.

Would love to hear suggestions on how best to ensure that doesn’t happen. thanks!!!

I can’t wait to try these during the holidays! Thanks

RACI says:

This one is a must for me, it looks IRRESISTABLE!!! Thank you!

These look perfect… love the bite-size options!

Beth says:

Hi… I have been reading for some time but never commented, and had to comment today! There used to be a restaurant in my area that served monte cristo sandwiches. I never had one because, a sandwich you dip in jelly? Blech. I went to this place with a friend who convinced me I would love it. I too about died it was so good. That restaurant has been closed for about 10 years and I haven’t had once since. So, thanks for inventing these… can’t wait to try it and bring back those yummy memories!!

There is nothing my husband loves more than a Monte Cristo! The problem I usually face is that they are usually really really greasy. These will be perfect! Thanks for creating this awesome recipe!

naomi says:

this is such a great idea, jenny!

Monte Cristos are my favorite sandwich, like EVER!! Jenny these are genius!

I love sweet and savory! Pinned!

I love how easy and fun these are because I love monte cristo anything.

This looks awesome! I love that you were so creative with this sandwich and turned it into a roll up!

B Stacey says:

Trying these for the Saturday menu IMMEDIATELY!!

Mason Canyon says:

Simple, quick and looks delicious. Now this is a recipe I can use.

Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

They look delicious, I just want to grab one through the screen!

Andre says:

I am sure this recipe will also work amazing using croissant rolls!

Karen says:

Inviting. Great idea for a quick lunch for the holidays! Brunch!

THESE are going to make me cry.

Rlangdon says:

Hmmm, I want to try to make these with cranberry. Obviously I didn’t get enough Thanksgiving!

marla says:

This is such a great idea Jenny!

oooh, love the sweet and savory Jenny!!

What an amazing idea! Perfect for a quick dinner too!

These look absolutely delicious. I wish I had some to eat right this minute.

Valarie says:

I made these last night for dinner. My daughter SWORE she didn’t like Raspberry Jam and that she wasn’t going to eat them. I pulled them out of the oven and she ended up eating all of hers PLUS an extra serving. She loved them. Just the right amount of sweet and savory. AWESOME recipe! :-)

Wowguy says: