So excited to share one of my favorites… The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos with you today!
It’s no secret that we have tacos on a regular basis in our home. I am thrilled to share a family favorite recipe from 2013 “The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos” with you today. I’ll be bringing back some old favorites this summer!
I am telling you, your family will go nuts for this ultra simple beef taco recipe. It’s full of so much flavor, tastes a lot like restaurant style tacos. No joke.
Let me tell you what we do…I’ve shared the stovetop version of this recipe which is amazing on its’ own. Be sure to also try this in the slow cooker. Once you cook it as directed below, transfer it to a crock pot and let it cook on low for 3-6 hours. Sooooo good.
Finely chop a large onion and saute in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
Add some garlic, cook and stir for 5 minutes or so until softened.
Add 1 pound of lean ground beef.
Season with kosher salt.
Freshly ground black pepper.
Cook and stir until browned.
Here’s the secret ingredient. Salsa Verde. I prefer the Herdez brand, but use whatever you can find in your grocery store.
Pour your salsa into your cooked beef and add some ground cumin too.
Give this baby a good stir and reduce heat to low until you are ready to serve. Transfer to a crock pot if desired or serve right away. Both are great options.
We LOVE the soft tortillas you can get at most grocery stores, Trader Joe’s and other health food type grocery stores. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and a drizzle of equal parts ranch dressing and salsa verde. Perfection! Enjoy!
5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mild salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- Place olive oil into medium skillet or pot over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt and pepper, stirring until browned. Add salsa verde and cumin, stirring until combined. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- You can place the beef mixture into a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-6 hours if desired.
Makes 6 servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.