Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jun
2015

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos

Tags: ,

Dinner

So excited to share one of my favorites… The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos with you today!

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos

It’s no secret that we have tacos on a regular basis in our home.  I am thrilled to share a family favorite recipe from 2013 “The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos” with you today.  I’ll be bringing back some old favorites this summer!

I am telling you, your family will go nuts for this ultra simple beef taco recipe.  It’s full of so much flavor, tastes a lot like restaurant style tacos.  No joke.

Let me tell you what we do…I’ve shared the stovetop version of this recipe which is amazing on its’ own.  Be sure to also try this in the slow cooker.  Once you cook it as directed below, transfer it to a crock pot and let it cook on low for 3-6 hours.  Sooooo good.

Enjoy friends!

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-2

Finely chop a large onion and saute in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-3

Add some garlic, cook and stir for 5 minutes or so until softened.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-4

Add 1 pound of lean ground beef.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-7

Season with kosher salt.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-8

Freshly ground black pepper.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-9

Cook and stir until browned.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-10

Here’s the secret ingredient.  Salsa Verde.  I prefer the Herdez brand, but use whatever you can find in your grocery store.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-11

Pour your salsa into your cooked beef and add some ground cumin too.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-12

Give this baby a good stir and reduce heat to low until you are ready to serve.  Transfer to a crock pot if desired or serve right away.  Both are great options.

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-19t

We LOVE the soft tortillas you can get at most grocery stores, Trader Joe’s and other health food type grocery stores. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and a drizzle of equal parts ranch dressing and salsa verde.  Perfection!  Enjoy!

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos-24t

5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos

The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos Ingredients

• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup mild salsa verde
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic

Directions

1. Place olive oil into medium skillet or pot over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt and pepper, stirring until browned. Add salsa verde and cumin, stirring until combined. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
  2. You can place the beef mixture into a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-6 hours if desired.

Makes 6 servings

Comments

These look simply delicious!!! I love your pictures – looks like I could just grab one and be a happy taco-eatin’ girl!!!

These look too good!! Love how easy they are to throw together — perfect!!

I’m starving as it is and now you’re making me extra hungry!

I just love how you have these tied up with the string! So cute! Will be making these soon!

They look so good! Quick and simple. Gotta try!

Tieghan says:

These are too god looking for words!! Plus, they are easy! Sign me up! YUM!

I want to dive head first into this!!! On a major Mexican food kick!

Jenna says:

These look delicious. Pinned!

Nice and quick, simple and tasty!

carol says:

what kind of tortillas do you use? they always look so thick and hearty compared to what I can find in my grocery store!

Deborah says:

I love how easy these are, Jenny! Perfect for a weeknight!

i love that these are only FIVE ingredients!! how easy is that? perfect for busy lives!

Great weeknight meal!

Oh my gosh I might die right now.

What an awesome dinner idea! Love these Jenny!

Liz says:

All nice recipes. Thanks so much.

Salsa verde is a favorite of mine, I slather tacos with it all the time. I just made a chili with it last week too, oh my it was good.

Ok, so I have got to make these beef tacos! YUM!

Totally gonna make these :) My kids are taco freaks!

Chels R. says:

I’m def gonna have to try these!

naomi says:

this is totally my style – 5 ingredients – yay, to no-fuss recipes!

Lynne says:

Looks really good, I want to try! How much garlic?

marla says:

Well, these certainly do look the BEST!!

Love how easy these are. Tacos are always a hit at my house, and I love salsa verde!

Jamie G says:

Salsa verde is one of my favorites! I am going to keep my eyes open at TJ’s the next time for those tortillas.

Madison says:

Looks so good! My beef tacos never taste as good as I want them to. Now with this post: they will rock. Thank you!

Dawn says:

Is salsa verde spicy or mild?

stephanie says:

I made these last night! Very easy to make, I added a jalapeno while I was cooking the onion and garlic (I LOVE spicy food!!) I was a little nervous that they were going to be bland, without having a taco seasoning packet added, but they weren’t!! They were very light and sooo good! My hubby said he likes these better than when we do use the packet (which is just pure salt!!!) I will def. be making these again!!

Mindi says:

I love this Herdez salsa – we use it on everything! I have a similar slow cooker recipe that uses chicken and I wouldn’t have thought to try beef instead. Thanks for the recipe!

Laura says:

Love the simplicity of these tacos! So tasty :) Might even make a good tostada similar to this :)

Lindsey says:

Looks so good! How much garlic did you use?

Kathy says:

I love how simple these are!

Lynne says:

Jenny, I made these and they were delicious! I used 2 small garlic cloves – you didn’t mention how much garlic to use, so I guessed. Everyone loved it!

Samantha says:

How much garlic? Recipe doesn’t say.

I couldn’t find thick soft tortillas at Trader Joe’s. I’ll have to check Sprouts.

Just found you recently. Glad to know I’m not the only one that likes tacos weekly..

I think I just found tonight’s dinner!

jill says:

How much garlic?

Amanda says:

I was wondering the same. I looked over comments though and one lady said she used two cloves. Sounds about right to me.

• 36.1.1

Jill & Amanda, sorry about missing that. :) 2 tablespoons of garlic is what I used. You can also use 2 cloves as that worked for Lynne.

[…] Recipe & Photo credit to picky-palate.com […]

Debbie says:

These are the BOMB!! I had never tried green salsa but it was so flavorful. My husband didn;t care for it , so i am making another batch for myslef and freezing it so i can have it anytime. Thanks for a great recipe!

[…] 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos (Picky […]

Arjan says:

The only thick “tacos” I could find at trader joes was a flatbread.. i don’t know if that’s the same thing you use from sprouts?

[…] 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos […]

[…] The Best 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos […]

[…] Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks – Bacon Gorgonzola Chicken Salad – The Best 5-Ingredient Salsa Verde Beef Tacos – Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde […]

[…] quickly and with some doctoring you’ll never notice it’s not “al pastor.” In this version from Picky Palate, salsa verde provides a quick and easy flavor […]

Liz says:

Nice and easy – thank you and have a great day.

Verna Anderson says:

These look wonderful, On a hot summer day, coming, these would be just the ticket.
    Did not know about soft tacos, must try them. Thanks for another great recipe.

Verna says:

By the way, I bought your book, and I love it, great recipes. When are you coming out with the next book?

Now, these are some tacos I can get behind!! Love anything with salsa verde!

Love some good ‘ole throwbacks!! These look wonderful and so easy to make!