Sharing my Chocolate Malted Oreo Cookies today! Oreo Cookies PERFECTION. Cookies made with brown butter packed with Oreo Cookies and chocolate, these are absolutely necessary.
If you are looking for the BEST Chocolate Cookies recipe, look no further. The babies are made with brown butter, they’re crispy around the edges and have a chewy center full of Oreo Cookies and chocolate! Be sure to check out this chocolate cookies recipe too!
Make sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Brown Butter
These cookies have brown butter in the recipe. See my post on How To Brown Butter for full details. It’s simple to do and it brings such an amazing flavor to your cookies.
Once your brown butter has cooled slightly add the softened cream cheese and brown butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat well, until smooth and creamy.
Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar up next! Mix well.
Your egg and vanilla go in next. Mix until smooth and well combined.
Dry ingredients up next! If you’ve never had “malted” cookies don’t be afraid of it. It’s very mild. Another big flavor booster. I use the Carnation brand you can find at most grocery stores. For this chocolate version, you can use the chocolate malt by Carnation as well.
Add your chocolate and crushed Oreo cookies. Look at this dough!
Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through.
The texture of these cookies is so great, packed with all of my favorites! Hope you enjoy.
These cookies make amazing neighbor gifts, they look great dipped in white chocolate and they’re perfect for parties!
Chocolate Malted Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick butter browned, see instructions below
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder I used Carnation Brand
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
- To brown butter, melt stick of butter in small saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook and bubble while swirling pan often, until brown bits start forming on bottom of pan. When butter turns a golden brown color, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooled brown butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in brown sugar mixing until well combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, malted milk, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined then add chocolate and Oreo cookies. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before transferring. Serve room temperature.
Pin Chocolate Malted Oreo Cookies