These Fluffernutter Churro Cheesecake Bars are inspired by my favorite Churro from Disneyland! They’re packed with cinnamon sugar, marshmallow creme, peanut butter and chocolate chips! Perfect for your next party or celebration with family and friends!
This fun spin on cheesecake bars is so simple to prepare and wins over all of your guests. They’re topped with sweet buttery cinnamon sugar and drizzled with marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and mini chocolate chips.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make cheesecake recipe!
- The cinnamon sugar takes these bars to a whole new level.
- The fluffernutter topping addition has Disneyland Churro vibes! Such a fun dessert for any occasion.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make cheesecake bars. See the recipe card located at the bottom of my post for full instructions.
- Granulated Sugar– This fine white sugar adds sweetness to the cookie.
- Ground Cinnamon– Cinnamon is the perfect churro spice sprinkled on top of the bars.
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls x 2 cans– Find Crescent Rolls in the refrigerator section of the grocery store.
- Softened Cream Cheese x 2– Use full fat cream cheese.
- Salted Butter– For most of my recipes I use salted butter. Unsalted works too.
- Marshmallow Creme/fluff– Find marshmallow creme in the baking section of the grocery store.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– Your favorite brand of creamy peanut butter works great.
- Mini Chocolate Chips– Find mini chocolate chips near the regular chocolate chips in the baking isle.
How To Make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Sometimes, this dessert is also called sopapilla cheesecake bars! Let’s discuss how to make them!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Plan churro topping, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Unroll Crescent Rolls. Open one of the Crescent Rolls packages and unroll so it’s a rectangular sheet. Place in the bottom of the baking dish. Press and flatted to bottom of dish.
- Top With Cinnamon Sugar. Sprinkle bottom crescent layer with 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Cream Cheese Layer. Pour cream cheese mixture over bottom crescent layer, spreading evenly.
- More Cinnamon Sugar. Sprinkle tops of cream cheese with cinnamon/sugar
6. Top With Crescent Roll. Top with another sheet of Crescent rolls, spread top with melted butter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon/sugar over top of buttery crescent top.
7. Bake. Bake for 33-37 minutes, or until center is set and crust puffed and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Buttery crisp churro cheesecake bars! Note- you can enjoy them just like this or continue making them into my Fluffernutter version!
Drizzle Marshmallow Creme and Peanut Butter. I warm 1 cup of marshmallow creme/fluff in a microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and stir to smooth slightly. Spoon into the corner of a ziplock bag, twist end and snip small corner to use as a mini piping bag. Drizzle marshmallow creme and do the same with the creamy peanut butter. Warm to smooth and drizzle over top of marshmallow creme.
Top with mini chocolate chips. The cheesecake filling is so delicious with the cinnamon sugar/fluffernutter! You’re going to love this recipe!
Recipe Tips For Success
- Soften Cream Cheese. Make sure your cream cheese has plenty of time to come to room temperature before making bars. There’s nothing worse than trying to prepare bars too soon and cream cheese is clumpy.
- Use Ziplocks For Piping Bag. If you don’t have piping bags, use a Ziplock bag. Place marshmallow cream to one corner of the baggie and twist around it. Snip a small corner of bottom and use as a make-shift piping bag.
How To Serve
Cut Bars Into Squares. Best if enjoyed warm or room temperature. I love serving this simple dessert recipe for family parties, all Holidays and especially for Disney fans who can appreciate Disney inspired recipes!
How To Store Cheesecake Bars
Refrigerate. For any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you’d like to warm the bars up, place onto a heat proof plate loosely covered and microwave for 20 seconds, until warm.
You Might Also Like
- Churro Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Churro Caramel Corn
- Churro French Toast Sticks
- Churro Toffee
- Churro Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Fluffernutter Churro Cheesecake Bars
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 8 count
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff/creme slightly melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Plan churro topping, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Open one of the Crescent Rolls packages and unroll so it's a rectangular sheet. Place in the bottom of the baking dish. Trim edges if needed. I trimmed 1/2 inch from each side. Press and flatted to bottom of dish. Sprinkle bottom crescent layer with 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place cream cheese and sugar and vanilla into a large mixing bowl, stir until creamy and smooth. You can do this with a stand mixer or electric mixer if you'd like. Tip- make sure cream cheese is softened completely for best results. If it's not softened, you'll find it lumpy. Pour cream cheese mixture over bottom crescent layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with another 2 teaspoons of cinnamon/sugar.
- Open second package of Crescent Rolls and unroll so it's a rectangular sheet. Carefully place over top of cream cheese layer. Trim edges if needed. Spoon melted butter over top of crescent sheet, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon/sugar over top of buttery crescent top.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes, or until center is set and crust puffed and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares. Before serving drizzle marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and mini chocolate chips over each square. Serve room temperature.
- I melt my marshmallow fluff in a microwave safe bowl for about 15-20 seconds to soften. Stir it, then place into a corner of a ziplock baggie. Snip a small corner and use to drizzle over cheesecake bars.
- You can also drizzle marshmallow fluff and peanut butter before cutting into squares. I prefer cutting into squares first, but either way is just fine.