Sharing our favorite nachos recipe today! My Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken are cheesy, simple to prepare and are great for parties!
I am thrilled to share my quick fix Skillet Nachos with you today! With just a few ingredients, you’ll have restaurant style nachos on your table in no time. Enjoy! I love cast iron skillet cooking, especially for nachos. They stay warm for longer when taken out of the oven. Such a fun appetizer for the whole family and for parties!
Try my Chicken Nacho Tacos too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Nachos
Place your tortilla chips right into a cast iron skillet. Top with your shredded chicken and spicy salsa verde sauce.
Top with some black beans.
Lots and lots of cheese up next!
There we go 🙂 Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and fabulous.
Ahhhh, melted nacho goodness. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The BEST Nachos
- Go for thicker, sturdy chips that will hold up well, but beware of super-thick chips, which I feel can tear up the roof your mouth. While I like corn tortilla chips for their flavor and the fact that they’re gluten free, flour or corn is up to you.
- Buy cheeses that melt well (cheddar and Monterey Jack are nacho favorites), but make sure you shred them yourself, as pre-shredded cheese can be dried out and filled with anti-clumping agents.
- Make sure that you have toppings from each of these categories so that every bite of nachos is exciting. You need depth (meat, chili, beans), freshness (cilantro, onions, scallions, tomatoes, guacamole), and acid (lime juice, salsa, pickled jalapenos).
- Make it a goal to have as many ingredients on each chip as possible. To achieve this, put one layer of chips on a baking sheet, then cover with cheese and toppings. Repeat until you’ve used everything up so that every bite is the same from beginning to end. Sprinkle on fresh toppings like cilantro, scallions, tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos on after the nachos come out of the oven.
- Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, should be served on the side. Place them in little bowls with spoons so that people can serve themselves.
Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken
- 6 cups tortilla chips or enough to fill your skillet
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2-3 tablespoons Green Pepper Cholula
- 1 cup black beans from can drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla chips into a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken, salsa verde and Cholula into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until hot. Spoon evenly over tortilla chips then layer with black beans and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and hot. Serve warm.
These have been a staple in our house for years! One of the first things I thought to make during this time, since everything (minus the toppings!) is shelf-stable.
I love so many of your recipes Jenny, thank you!
Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth 🙂
I made these nachos tonight and they were sooooooo good.The only thing I did different was, I used southwestern pinto beans and used white cheddar cheese. I will definitely make this again.
This excellent website definitely has all the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know
who to ask.
My brother recommended I might like this website.
He was totally right. This post truly made my day.
You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info!
At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, after
having my breakfast coming yet again to read
It’s really good. I made for the family and everyone loved it.
I published in my blog with the reference to yours.
Is the Salsa Verda something you buy?
Yes, look in the salsa section and it’s right there 🙂
This is amazingly useful.. Thanks for this share.. !!!
Such mouth watering goodness!
These look scrumptious!!
Yum! I’m a fan off all that stringy,warm cheese 🙂
Oh my, just what I was looking for…thank you!
My family would go nuts for these nachos!
This looks scrumptious! Pinning! I know my whole family will love these!
I just have to have these! Amazing!
I so need these in my life! So cheesy and gooey, perfect for a game day or movie night!
These are right up my alley, love them!
This is the kind of dish my family would love!
I am ready to party with these nachos, Jenny!
That cheese totally convinced me. WOW!! Dying.
My new go-to nacho recipe! Love it 🙂 xoxo
Perfect nachos! I’m hungry now!
I am drooling!! Love that you used cholula – we grew up on that!
So did I Liz, love that stuff!
I am always in the mood for nachos!
nachos are my soul food! love this, Jenny!
Mine too Lauren 🙂 Haha!
Love these nachos Jenny! Especially with all that CHEESE!!
Thanks Marla! Happy Wednesday to you!
Nachos are my go-to weeknight dinner or snack. I love the addition of the green pepper Cholula!
The boys and I looove Nachos. Guilty pleasure, lol!
I’m always in for nachos and love that gooey stringy cheese shot!
Thanks Kevin 🙂
Love skillet nachos. And that hot sauce looks like something the men in my house would love!!
Jenny those gooey strings of cheese – now THAT is awesome! I love that these are made in a skillet and love that there’s hot sauce involved! The spicier the better for me 🙂 pinned
I agree Averie! Thanks!!