Sharing our favorite nachos recipe today! My Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken are cheesy, simple to prepare and are great for parties!
I am thrilled to share my quick fix Skillet Nachos with you today! With just a few ingredients, you’ll have restaurant style nachos on your table in no time. Enjoy! I love cast iron skillet cooking, especially for nachos. They stay warm for longer when taken out of the oven. Such a fun appetizer for the whole family and for parties!
Try my Chicken Nacho Tacos too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Nachos
Place your tortilla chips right into a cast iron skillet. Top with your shredded chicken and spicy salsa verde sauce.
Top with some black beans.
Lots and lots of cheese up next!
There we go 🙂 Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and fabulous.
Ahhhh, melted nacho goodness. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The BEST Nachos
- Go for thicker, sturdy chips that will hold up well, but beware of super-thick chips, which I feel can tear up the roof your mouth. While I like corn tortilla chips for their flavor and the fact that they’re gluten free, flour or corn is up to you.
- Buy cheeses that melt well (cheddar and Monterey Jack are nacho favorites), but make sure you shred them yourself, as pre-shredded cheese can be dried out and filled with anti-clumping agents.
- Make sure that you have toppings from each of these categories so that every bite of nachos is exciting. You need depth (meat, chili, beans), freshness (cilantro, onions, scallions, tomatoes, guacamole), and acid (lime juice, salsa, pickled jalapenos).
- Make it a goal to have as many ingredients on each chip as possible. To achieve this, put one layer of chips on a baking sheet, then cover with cheese and toppings. Repeat until you’ve used everything up so that every bite is the same from beginning to end. Sprinkle on fresh toppings like cilantro, scallions, tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos on after the nachos come out of the oven.
- Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, should be served on the side. Place them in little bowls with spoons so that people can serve themselves.
Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken
- 6 cups tortilla chips or enough to fill your skillet
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2-3 tablespoons Green Pepper Cholula
- 1 cup black beans from can drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla chips into a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken, salsa verde and Cholula into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until hot. Spoon evenly over tortilla chips then layer with black beans and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and hot. Serve warm.