Oct
2007

Chicken Peanut Thai Noodles

Tags: ,

Appetizers and Sides

(Picture missing cilantro)

I Love these noodles, however my husband is not a fan. If you like that peanut taste in thai food, you’ll love this as much as I do, it is really good. I’ve got my sister hooked on these, she uses a natural peanut butter and splenda brown sugar as a healthier substitute. Either way is great. Even my little boys love them, my husband is just picky! Enjoy!

1 lb whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled
½ Cup smooth peanut butter
¼ Cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Cup hot water
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup finely chopped white onion
½ Cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
1 Cup cooked, shredded chicken breast
¼ Cup finely chopped cilantro leaves (missing in picture, it’s much better with cilantro)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
¼ Cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)

1. Cook noodles according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water, place in large pasta bowl and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.

2. Place garlic and ginger in food processor until well chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Pulse until well combined and slowly add hot water. Set aside.

3. Place olive oil in hot skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken breast, cilantro and salt. Stir until heated through.

4. Add sauce and chicken mixture to noodles. Toss to coat and garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds if desired.

6 servings

Comments

Since I’ve been eating the leftovers this week, I found that it’s nice to have a little extra sauce to drizzle over the re-heated noodles. I mix 1 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter in a small dish. Drizzle over hot noodles. The peanut butter melts when you mix it in the noodles.

cflake says:

This is Cullen hacking into the website. I like peanut butter but not in noodles. I am the cause of the “Picky Palate” title so I challenge you to make some noodles that I will love. No offense peanut thai noodles. :)

Stephlew says:

I made this last night, it was yummy. My picky kids liked it and my hubby! I had been looking for a peanuty pasta recipe, this was it!

Becki D says:

Ooo this looks FABULOUS. Although I seriously doubt my hubby will go for it, either. Boo! Guess I’ll have to wait for a girl’s night to try this one…but try it I will! Thanks for the recipe!

Amber says:

Super yummy! My hubby hasn’t tried it yet…but I love it. My daughter kept asking for more sauce before I had put it all together!

[...] האמריקאי Picky Palate מצאתי מתכון לעוף ברוטב בוטנים והוא צד את עיני מהר [...]

Jason says:

I just made this for my family and everyone love it! We doubled the sauce, chicken and veggies for 1 pound of pasta and it worked great. Try this tonight!

Martha says:

Delicious! My husband loved it!!

Helen says:

I’ve made this twice, and both times it’s been delicious.

Cindy says:

I made this last night because I thought it would be a perfect way to use my leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco. My husband doesn’t like the flavor of peanut butter other than on toast with jam, so I wasn’t sure if he’d like this. Luckily, I used this Biscoff spread from Whole Foods since they ran out of all their creamy peanut butter and it definitely got rid of any peanut buttery taste. He couldn’t detect the peanut butter taste, probably because there was none, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks!

[...] Chicken Peanut Thai Noodles from Picky Palate – I loved the peanut butter/spicy combo on the whole wheat noodles! [...]

[...] Chicken Peanut Thai Noodles from Picky Palate – I loved the peanut butter/spicy combo on the whole wheat noodles!   [...]

Melissa says:

Ok so this review is 6 years after published but I had to come on and comment since I just made it for the first time. You are a culinary genius!! I love Thai favors and this peanut sauce did not disappoint!!!! I made is exactly as written and the whole family (including 4 and 6 year old boys) LOVED it. I didn’t expect the sauce to be so thin so I thought I did something wrong but the taste was great and now I have plenty of leftover sauce to drizzle on something :-) thanks for this recipe- a keeper for sure!!!!