Sharing our homemade alfredo sauce recipe today that is perfect for chicken alfredo pasta nights! So simple to make and perfect over pasta.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
I’ve got great news for you, alfredo sauce is so much easier to make homemade than you think. With just a few basic ingredients, you are on your way to making a homemade sauce that is perfect over your favorite pasta.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- butter, salted
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Alfredo Sauce
- Place butter, cream cheese and heavy cream into a large rimmed pan over medium heat. Using a whisk, gently stir and cook until melted and smooth, be patient this takes 5-8 minutes. Mixture will thicken as well. When creamy, whisk in Parmesan, salt and pepper to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often. Serve over your favorite pasta, goes particularly well with fettuccine noodles and chicken.
Melt the butter, cream cheese and heavy cream, whisking until thickened and smooth.
Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk until melted and smooth. Reduce heat to low.
Best Alfredo Sauce
Within just a few minutes, you have this beautiful homemade sauce that is going to wow your family and friends for pasta night!
What Goes Good With Chicken Alfredo?
Grilled chicken strips are perfect with chicken alfredo, but you can also use shredded chicken pieces from a rotisserie chicken as I’ve done in mine. Quick and simple alternative. Try adding meatballs for another variation with your alfredo sauce. Try adding bacon crumbles too. More variations could be cooked shrimp, add some vegetables such as asparagus and broccoli.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo
- Cook fresh or dry fettuccini noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside while preparing alfredo sauce.
- Place warm cooked noodles and warm chicken in individual serving bowls. Spoon hot alfredo sauce over top, stir and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
How To Cook Your Pasta For Fettuccine Alfredo
Whether you’re using fresh or dry fettuccine or other noodles of your choice, be very cautious not to overcook the pasta. I generally drain the pasta 1 minute before the package says cook time is. Pasta will continue to cook in hot alfredo sauce too. You want the noodles to be al dente. Al dente (Italian for “to the tooth”) is where pasta tastes and feels the best. It’s chewy and firm, holding its whole shape in whatever sauce you put it in
What To Serve With Fettuccine Alfredo
To start, serve fettuccine alfredo with some nice crusty bread. Garlic bread is great for dipping into the alfredo sauce as well. Offer your guests a nice side salad as well. Roasted vegetables such as roasted broccoli and asparagus are lovely pairings too.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftover alfredo sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Note that sauce thickens drastically. Reheat as needed. Add splashes of milk or cream to thin sauce.
Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce For Chicken Alfredo
- Dutch Oven or large pot
- 1 pound fresh or dry fettuccini noodles
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese full fat not low fat
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken I use a rotisserie chicken
- Cook fettuccini noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside while preparing alfredo sauce.
- Place butter, cream cheese and heavy cream into a large rimmed pan over medium heat. Using a whisk, gently stir and cook until melted and smooth, be patient this takes 5-8 minutes. Mixture will thicken as well. When creamy, whisk in Parmesan, salt and pepper to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Place warm cooked noodles and warm chicken in individual serving bowls. Spoon hot sauce over top, stir and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Pin Homemade Alfredo Sauce