Jan
2011

Happy New Year! Bring on the Soup!

Tags:

Dinner

Happy New Year everyone!  I will be the first to admit I absolutely do NOT do diets….even for the New Year, however with that said I will be upping my exercise routine a few notches to knock the holiday lbs that I’m sure have come :)

To celebrate the New Year, I’ve gathered a number of my favorite soup recipes that are healthy and completely delicious to get us back on track after eating like mad during the Holidays!  I love making soup this time of year, it’s comfort food at it’s finest!  Hope you’ll enjoy!

Homemade Chicken, Ranch and Rice Soup, click HERE for recipe

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup, click HERE for recipe and post

Green Chili Chicken and Lime Soup, click HERE for recipe and post

Chunky Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup, click HERE for recipe and post

Healthy and Hearty Chicken Quinoa Stew, click HERE for recipe and post

Comments

One of these soups may be debuting as dinner this week!

Jamie says:

I LOVE soup and can’t wait to give a few of these a try!

Jeez, every single one of these look awesome! Must try ASAP!

Molly Carter says:

Happy New Year, Jenny! I’ve made the Green Chili Chicken and Lime soup a few times…it’s definitely one of our favorites around here. :)

They all look so delicious! I love chicken soups! :)

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F.. Jenny F. said: {New Post} Nothing better to warm the soul that soup! Come see some of my favorite soup recipes :) http://su.pr/4LLczd [...]

Mia says:

Wow…I hate making soups (eating them’s another story ;) but I can’t wait to try some of these out! Thank you for the mouth-watering pictures :)

And Happy New Year. I can’t wait to get better aquainted with your blog in 2011.

vanillasugar says:

you don’t need to diet you are skinny enough. and yes it is soup season here in the frigid NE.
    happy new year to you, let’s hope this year we finally meet.

First of all you are way too nice Dawn! I got some junk in the trunk that needs to go bye bye :)

Yes, can we finally meet this year?!

Tracy says:

Mmm, bring on the soups! These are perfect for chilly days!

Great soup recipes! Thanks for sharing!

This is a perfect post! I love soup in the winter!

Lauren B. says:

I never saw your BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup before! YUM! :)

Amelia says:

Love all the twists on brothy chicken soup — one of my favorite winter comfort foods, that also happens to coincide with healthy eating!

Your soups look amazing. I love soup!! It always reminds me of my childhood… Love it. My wife Ashlee has made a Chicken bean Soup twice in the last week and it is amazing. have a great day
    Lew

Jenny, you have so many great soup recipes. I will be back visiting this post & all of these recipes often. Gorgeous soups & I bet very filled with flavor too! I do wish you were joining in on the Mexico trip…..xo

Sara E says:

hey Jenny…
    Please stop by my blog… I have an award for you :)

Ha, I too will be upping my exercise in January. To make room for more cookies, of course. Love the soups, thanks Jenny!

Julie says:

I would eat soup just about everyday if it wouldn’t get me thrown out of the house! These all look wonderful :)

Soup is just what the doctor ordered for 2011, especially during this early and cold part of the year. I really love your recipes, particularly the BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup. Delicious! Thank you!

Heather says:

Hi Jenny! Happy New Year to you!! So happy we were able to meet in 2010 and hopefully our paths will cross in 2011. Great round-up of soups. They all look amazing. The BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup sounds delicious.

Jess says:

I’m fifteen and don’t particularly enjoy cooking, but man does that Chicken, Ranch and Rice soup look good! I might have to make it!

yeah bring on the soups! i can NEVER get enough of a bowl of heartwarming liquid.

Soup sounds PERFECT today…and these look SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I can almost smell them simmering on the stove. YUM! Thanks for sharing! :)

RANCH SOUP??!!!
    I want to get all up in that!

Amanda says:

Love it!! I featured you today on Today’s Top 20!

Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Soups are one of my favorite ways to stay warm & healthy. Great round-up!

Deborah says:

I’m with you – I’m not a dieter! But I do love all of these delicious looking soups. Especially since I’m stuck in the cold!

Emily says:

Jenny, I made your Chicken Rance & Rice soup this week and WE LOVED IT! I have made many of your cookie recipes also, you are an amazing recipe inventor and I cannot wait to make a few more of these soup recipes!!

Tammy Rinehart says:

Have you tried freezing any of these soups?

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to offer one thing back and aid others like you aided me.

Marylou Knocke says:

Chicken soup is a good food, it is not only tasty but it is full of nutrients that is needed from recovering from flu. ‘

Look at the most recent write-up at our blog

Clora says:

For most Filipinos, we’ve known and loved Pacquiao since the beginning. But for the non-filipinos here, which was the fight that you saw when you first said “hmmm… there might be something special here…”…… visit http://goo.gl/HNBgn to watch pinoy tv shows