Jan
2012

Pepperoni Pizza-wiches and Superbowl Recipe Round-Up

Superbowl weekend is right around the corner and you know what that means…..finger food and party food!  There is something about food that you can pick up with your fingers that makes it all the more fun to eat right?   I have got a fun recipe that I like to call Pepperoni Pizza-wiches.  They are quick to prepare and no fuss to eat which makes them a winning recipe in our house.

Here is your very simple line up of ingredients… Town House Crackers, pizza sauce, pepperoni slices and mozzerella cheese.

Here you have your pepperoni and cheese.  You will quarter the pepperoni’s that go into the filling.

Here is your pizza sauce and cream cheese.  You’ll mix all of these ingredients and they will quickly become the filling to your little sandwich.

Have your kitchen helpers mix everything together!

Take a nice stack of Crackers and fill 2 of them with that delicious creamy pizza filling.

Top with a pepperoni slice and you’ve got a mouthwatering bite size snack great for any Superbowl Party!

Pepperoni Pizza-wiches

8 ounces softened cream cheese

20 pepperoni’s, quartered

20-30 whole pepperoni’s

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup pizza or pasta sauce

1 box Town House Crackers

1.  Place cream cheese, pepperoni, mozzarella and pizza sauce into a large bowl.  Mix until well combined.  Place a couple tablespoonfuls of filling onto a Town House Cracker, place a full pepperoni on top then close with another cracker to make a sandwich.  Continue filling until all of the filling is used up.

Makes 20-30 servings

______________________

More Fun Picky Palate Superbowl Recipe Ideas

Walking Tacos

Baked Spinach Dip Bread Bowls

BBQ Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Pizza Roll em’ Ups

Feta Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burger Sliders

Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wontons

Itty Bitty Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

______________

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

Comments

Cute little pizza-wiches. I love Town House and Ritz crackers. I could eat a full tube of them in a sitting, I swear :)

Sarah says:

I already have my dough mixed up and in the freezer and my itty bitty Oreos ready to go, I can’t wait for cookies! :)

Can food be adorable? Because if it can, I think these pizza sandwiches definitely fit into that category!

leslie says:

Yummy ROundup Jenny! Your boys are darling! Those cute little freckles!

Deborah says:

Oh my goodness – I love these!

Bev Weidner says:

LUUU-UUU-UUUVE these!

Keri Jones says:

I love these recipes! Finger foods are some of my favorite foods…lol. My husband will love these come game day. Thank you!

Thesha says:

Delish! Can’t wait to try them.

man, I don’t even eat pepperoni, but does that look good or what? I love those little sandwiches, makes the perfect snack for a super bowl party, perhaps?
    :-)

Zee says:

Awesome.. All these dishes are so inspiring

Amy says:

Yum! Those look way tasty! I’ve made your mini spinach dip bowls for friends before and they were crazy about them. They now refer to them as “crack bread” and request that I prepare it in double batches for functions all the time.

Liz says:

I’d say my house will be ready with these fabulous ideas!

I am looking forward to the big game. Of course the food is always the highlight. Great recipe ideas!

Zesty Cook says:

I’m all over these for Superbowl Sunday! It’s hard to appetizers that kids enjoy too. These are perfect :)

Cute! Kids need something to eat too! Love.

Tupper says:

I could eat 80 of those little snack crackers!

Peggy says:

OMG! Stop it I can’t stand it any more! I’ve pined 4 and printed off 3 recipes. I’m having some friends over Sat. and I will using a couple of your recipes. Thanks so much for sharing. Your photos are really great looking!

Cassie says:

Love these, fun treat. Great roundup, Jenny!

WOW! All these snacks looks so delicious! Thanks for all the great ideas! :)

Laura says:

I have a 16 year old that will inhale these pizza cracker sandwiches! I always have those crackers at home, guess I will have to make sure to keep all the other items instock. I can see this as his go to “snack” for one. Thanks!

[...] Anyone can pick up the phone and order a pizza, but what if you don’t want to wait 2 hours on the biggest delivery day of the year? Jenny Flake has a simple recipe for pepperoni pizza-wiches made with Town House crackers, tomato sauce, mozzarella and cream cheese. Better plan on making a bunch of these snacks, because I predict they’ll disappear quickly. (Picky Palate) [...]

Jackie says:

These are all fun ideas! I have been seeing some great recipes for Super Bowl Sunday and I think of few of what you listed are going to have to be added to my spread of chicken wings, lettuce wraps, and zuchinni pizza > http://www.skinnyscoop.com/search/super+bowl/

[...] Superbowl Sunday Roundup w/Pepperoni Pizzawiches by Picky Palate [...]

Love the ritz pizza sandwiches! I’m definitely going to do this!

Hi there, I discovered your web site via Google at the same time as searching for a comparable subject, your web site came up, it looks good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

tandblekninng med laser says:

tandblekninng med laser…

[...]s Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can vn[...]…

[...] 15. Pepperoni “Pizzawiches” [...]