Nov
2013

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents | Pillsbury recipes

Tags: ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Creating Pillsbury recipes takes me back to my contesting days. I still remember the night in my first house when I saw my first Pillsbury contest on TV.  I knew instantly I wanted to be a finalist.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents

It’s always a pleasure partnering with Pillsbury!  I grew up enjoying their products, not to mention I was a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off twice!  I remember brainstorming for pillsbury recipes with an abundance of ideas hitting me; so anxious to see if any of them were selected.  I know how the current Pillsbury Bake-Off contestants feel.  I’ve been in Las Vegas since this past Friday through tomorrow covering the Bake-Off live, so be sure to follow me on Instagram to see all of the fun!

So, today we are talking Pillsbury Cresent Rolls.  I am kinda in love with them.  There are about a zillion things you can do to create an amazing little work of art.  I developed a simple Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescent recipe that is going to knock your socks off.  Just wait until you give these a try.  I LOVE the apples and peanut butter combo, it works so lovely inside the crescent dough!  This is such a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen with you.  They’ll love to help in all of these simple steps.

Enjoy!

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-1

Let’s start by thinly slicing your apples into a nice mixing bowl.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-2

Melt some butter into a medium skillet.  Sizzle sizzle!

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-3

Add your apple slices and toss with the melted butter.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-4

Add your cinnamon right on top.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-5

Brown sugar up next.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-6

Stir and let cook for 3 minutes or so.  You want the apples to still have a little “bite” to them.

PillsburyTime to unroll your crescent dough.  I love using crescent when creating Pillsbury recipes.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-9

Separate into triangles.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-10

Spread with a thin layer of peanut butter.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-11

Top with a nice spoonful of apples.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-12

Starting with wide end of triangle, start rolling crescents over filling towards small end.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-13

Perfect!

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-14

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar then time to bake.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-15

Bake until golden and gorgeous :)

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-18t

Let cool then cut in half if you’d like.

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents-21t
Watch those little fingers that will snatch these as soon as they can. Pax tried pulling a fast one on me :)

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter Crescents

Roasted Apples and Peanut Butter CrescentsPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min

Ingredients

• 2 medium apples (I used pink lady), peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
  • 12 ounce can Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls, 8 count
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and large skillet over medium heat. Add butter to skillet to melt. Stir in apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. Let cook for about 3 minutes. Apples should not be too soft. Remove from heat.
  2. Unroll crescents onto a large baking sheet lined with a silpat liner. Spread each crescent evenly with a heaping teaspoon or two of peanut butter. Place a spoonful of spiced apples to the wide end of the crescent. Starting at wide end of crescent, start rolling to thin end (see pictures for a visual). Sprinkle tops with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then serve warm.

Makes 8 Servings

Comments

What a great idea! These would be perfect for a buffet. Love Love Love!
    Great work!

Seems like crescent rolls are the perfect vehicles for recipes like this. Now I really want one for breakfast!

I love apple and pb together! Yum!

love anything with peanut butter and apples!! these look great!!

omg, pb and apple in the buttery crescent just sounds amazing!!

Oh my word Jenny, this is SUCH a great idea!

Have fun in Vegas!! Such a fun town.
    I could go for a couple of these with my second coffee…

naomi says:

I love how easy this is to make. Delicious!

Perfect combination! I bet it’s so good wrapped up in crescent dough! :)

Tina says:

My husband will love these since he is a huge peanut butter and apples fan. Do you have any suggestions for making similar without pb for the kids? I was thinking of just the apples or possibly using nutella or biscoff spread?

Yum! What a fun and tasty little treat! :)

These look SO good!
    Have fun in Vegas, Jenny!

Tieghan says:

These look killer! Warm peanut butter apple crescents sound soo good! I love Pillsbury products! :)
    Oh and I have been loving your instagram pics! Keep having fun in vegas!!

These crescents not only look amazing but I bet they smell lovely too!

Have a great trip!

Lauren says:

What a fun idea, Jenny!

Jackie Marvel says:

Almost all of your recipes are super unhealthy. Why would we cook and feed our families this food on a daily basis? Hello, Type II Diabetes. Feeding your family this food – because they are ‘picky’ – will result in obesity and chronic disease. Not to mention the fact that a lot of recipes that load junk food on top of junk food on top of processed convenience foods is somehow real cooking demonstrates how low the bar has sunk for women interested in feeding their families and “cooking.”

Joyce says:

What is wrong w/YOU!! Nobody is forcing you to cook this way, or make these recipes!! There is no need for your derogatory comment!!

Yum! Gotta try these..especially with the peanut butter on them! Thanks for all the great recipes. :)

marla says:

These look great! Awesome seeing you this weekend in LV :)

trollol says:

Jackie apparently has sand in her vagina.

Yum, these look so good! I could go for one right now =)

These look great and so easy. Totally want this for breakfast and not do an apple pie for Thanksgiving dessert. Do you think anyone would notice?

Amy says:

Jackie, why waste your time leaving a rude comment? Nobody is forcing you to make these recipes or feed them to your family. I love the recipes on here and my family is healthy and all of our BMIs are within a normal range. It’s called moderation and being active.

I think everyone needs to realize when they visit someone’s blog/website, that is that persons “home”. Would you go into someone’s home and be unkind, critical or disrespectful? This is Jenny’s “home” and should be treated with respect. If you don’t agree with her, don’t like her recipes, just go back home. Literally, press your home button on your computer and leave. The world wide web is a tremendous place of knowledge and we can all learn so much from it. The one thing that we can’t learn is manners – momma should have taught you that! So that is my two cents!
    Have a fab-u-licious day and Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Patricia Desilets says:

Bravo Tina! N’aurait pas pu dire mieux. Couldn’t have said it better! Think I’ll make these for Easter brunch. Bon appetit!