This edible cookie dough recipe takes just minutes to prepare and is perfect eaten with a spoon or as a dip! There’s no eggs in this cookie dough which makes it perfect for snacking on.
An Easy Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Have you ever made yourself a bowl of edible cookie dough?! It is fantastic! You see more and more cookie dough dessert shops opening up, they are so much fun. I put together a recipe that could not be more simple and delicious. No raw eggs here, so you are in for a treat!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe takes just minutes to make.
- There’s no eggs in the cookie dough which makes it great for snacking.
- It tastes just like regular cookie dough!
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make edible cookie dough at home. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- butter- I generally use salted butter, unsalted works just fine too.
- light brown sugar- Make sure you pack your brown sugar when measuring.
- granulated sugar– This fine white sugar brings sweetness to the cookie dough.
- pure vanilla extract– For best tasting results, use pure vanilla.
- all-purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient in the cookie dough.
- kosher salt- Kosher salt is a coarse salt commonly used in cooking and baking.
- mini chocolate chips– Find mini chips near the regular chocolate chips.
- heavy cream if needed to thin dough– Use heavy cream to thin the dough if it’s too dry.
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
You’ll be amazed by how easy it is to make this recipe. Here’s how to do it:
Prepare Cookie Dough. Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until dough forms.
Use Heavy Cream If Dough Is Dry. If dough is dry, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream in dough to bring together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. Best if NOT refrigerated unless using the heavy cream.
If dough is too dry, add a small amount of heavy cream to help. Doesn’t take much.
How To Serve Edible Cookie Dough
Serve cookie dough as a sweet side to any dessert table. Delicious by the spoonfuls, or as a dip for graham crackers.
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Dough
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t try to bake this cookie dough. This recipe is for edible cookie dough, not making cookies! The cookie dough itself is for eating & snacking.
If the dough is a bit dry, add a good tablespoon of heavy cream or milk to the bowl.
Store any leftover dough in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If using cream, store in the refrigerator. For best results, keep at room temperature.
Try These Cookie Recipes Too!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Churro White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Edible Cookie Dough
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I prefer mini
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream if needed to bring together dry dough
- Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until dough forms. If dough is dry, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream in dough to bring together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. Best if NOT refrigerated unless using the heavy cream.