How To Make A Walking Taco
Tags: beans, cheese, chili, chili powder, cumin, onions, sour cream, tacos, tomatoes
Sharing How To Make a Walking Taco with you today! Frito bags filled with flavorful chili and toppings! Perfect taco in a bag for game day eats!
You are in for the perfect Game Day recipe with my How To Make a Walking Taco!
Happy to help you find the perfect game day eats! In fact, all this week I will be posting fabulous Superbowl Sunday recipe ideas for you. All of this party food is so much fun to make!!
So, a month or so ago one of my friends was telling me about these “Walking Tacos,” I said what on earth is a walking taco!? Come to find out, they make the perfect party food. It’s a taco in a bag people!! And you can take them anywhere! No washing dishes afterwards either! I thought is was hilarious and the perfect idea, so here you have my take on the perfect walking tacos 🙂
How To Make A Walking Taco
Here are most of your ingredients for the Taco Chili. Not pictured is the lime and hot sauce.
Taco In A Bag
Go pick up how ever many small bags of Fritos you need. My grocery store only had the bigger 99 Cent bags, the small ones are perfect, so find those 🙂
Making the chili, dump it all in!
Seasonings that make the chili mmmm!
The BEST Game Day Taco Recipe
Here is your set up. Open up your Frito Bags, get your chili and all your fixin’s in order…
Now the fun begins, spoon in your taco chili….
Sprinkle in your cheese…
Add your sour cream…..
Add your jalapenos, or green onions if you can’t take the heat 🙂
My bags were a little big, so I cut the extra bag off the top to be able to eat my tacos better
Here you have it, your perfect little bag of “Walking Tacos!”
Tips For How To Make A Walking Taco
*You can also use snack size bags of Doritos instead of Fritos if you’d like.
*Cut the tops off of your bags of Fritos before your guests arrive so it’s easy to fill them with your homemade chili
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6-8 little sweet peppers or 1 green and 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup Herdez Salsa or your favorite salsa
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Cup warm water
- 3 cans of beans drained (I used black, pinto and red kidney)
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of Kosher salt fresh cracked black pepper and Lawry's Garlic Salt with Parsley (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Bags of Fritos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped Jalapenos or green onions
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and peppers for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until browned. Drain if needed. I usually don't need to for the lean beef. Pour in tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste then stir to combine. Add 1 Cup warm water to thin out slightly then add in beans, olives, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic salt. I start with just a pinch of salt then keep tasting until it's to my liking. Add chopped cilantro and reduce heat to low to simmer until ready to serve.
- Open bags of fritos. Spoon in chili, cheese, sour cream and jalapenos. Stick a fork in it and eat!!
Pin How To Make A Walking Taco
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.