Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Breakfast and Brunch
Oct
2018

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

Tags: , , ,

Have you ever wanted to know How To Make The Perfect Waffles?! I’ve got you covered. Perfectly crisp, yet sweet and soft in the center.
How To Make The Perfect Waffles

You are in for a treat with my… How To Make the Perfect Waffles recipe!

I’ve finally developed a perfectly buttery crisp waffle that is better than any waffle I’ve ordered out.

I have learned that it’s important to get to know your waffle maker.  They are all going to cook a bit different, so test out timing with the first one to make sure you get the perfect golden brown color and crispness.

The KitchenAid Waffle Baker is seriously the best waffle maker I’ve ever worked with.  I’ve had it for a couple years and forget how much I love it everytime I bring it out.  If you are in the market for a new one, I highly recommend this one.

Hope you enjoy my latest recipe!

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

How to Make The Perfect Waffles

Let’s get started! Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.

How to Make The Perfect Waffles

Pour your melted butter, buttermilk, milk, egg yolks and vanilla into another mixing bowl.

How to Make The Perfect Waffles

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and give a stir.

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

Beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Gently fold them into the batter until just combined.

How to Make The Perfect Waffles

Be sure to not skip this step.  The egg whites keep the waffles perfectly light and crisp.

How to Make The Perfect Waffles

Scoop 1/2 cup batter into the center of your waffle maker.  Close lid and let cook for about 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

You’ll have crisp yet soft and tender waffles ready for the perfect breakfast or brunch.

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

If you are crazy like me, drizzle these with my homemade buttermilk syrup.  Pretty much the best thing ever.  It is one of my favorite recipes in my cookbook.  Enjoy friends!

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

Tips For How To Make The Perfect Waffles

*Invest in a good waffle maker.  I have really loved having our KitchenAid Waffle Maker.  Do I use it every week?  No I don’t, however what a treat when I do bring it out.

*To prevent lump free waffle batter, make sure you add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and not the other way around. The best way to do this is to have all of your dry ingredients whisked together in a bowl and your wet ingredients all whisked together in a separate bowl as I recommend in this recipe.

*Get creative with your waffle toppings.  Use your favorite fruit, nuts, sweet candies and even fried chicken!  Pretty much anything goes with waffles!

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
  3. Place egg whites into a medium mixing bowl, whisk continuously until stiff peaks form.
  4. Place buttermilk, milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks into a large bowl, whisk to combine then slowly stir into dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in egg whites until just combined.
  5. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter and place into center of waffle iron, close lid and let cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 1/2 minutes depending on your waffle iron. Remove hot waffles and place on cooling rack. Continue cooking waffles until all batter is used.
  6. To prepare buttermilk syrup, place butter, sugar and buttermilk into a small saucepan. Stir until melted and comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Syrup will foam up. Let sit aside and stir occasionally until foam has gone down.
  7. To serve, place waffles onto serving plates, top with fruit of choice and drizzle with warm buttermilk syrup.
Recipe Notes

Note: I use the KitchenAid waffle baker. Cooking time will vary per brands of waffle irons. Test out one waffle to see how long baking time is.

Nutrition Facts
Total Carbohydrates 47g 16%
Sugars 27g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 13.9%
Calcium 12.1%
Iron 7.8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Pin How To Make The Perfect Waffles

How To Make The Perfect Waffles

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

sadina says:

i also have a question about the butter? Is 1 cup necessary, can i decrease the amount?

Sam says:

First recipe trialled on my brand spanking new waffle iron & they were better than any waffle I’ve tried ? thanks for a fantastic, easy to follow recipe!!

Marci says:

I made these tonight and the flavor was very good but they did not get crispy at all, rather mushy no matter how long I cooked them. They did turn a nice brown color.

Monica says:

I’ve tried several waffle recipes, & this one is the best by far. I made a few tweaks to them to make the recipe absolutely perfect. I cut the sugar to 1/2c because they were a bit too sweet for us in the first go-round with the recipe. I also added a tablespoon of malted milk powder. It makes the waffle taste truly out-of-the ordinary. Guests are completely blown away by these waffles! Thank you!

Amy says:

I made these for Valentine’s Day with my husband! Absolutely amazing!

justin peterson says:

Thanks. Good waffles, BUT … readers should be warned that these are SWEET waffles … I reduced the sugar to just 2 tbps and they were still too sweet for my taste. Still, the buttermilk is key, and beating the eggs whites. Nice.

Alice says:

I just wanted to state that there is way too much butter.

Elizabeth says:

Been looking for a really good waffle recipe, some i thought were good did not stand the test of time. This recipe is awesome, my daughter told me not to lose this one and thats a huge compliment from the jaded teen!

Holy sugar batman says:

Holy sugar … 3/4 of a cup?! It’s breakfast not dessert. That’s nuts. I can’t even imagine eating these. I dont add sugar to pancakes or waffles unless it’s for a dessert and even then it may be 1/4 cup. Wow. I am just shocked.

Stacey says:

I followed the recipe exactly, but my waffles turned out super-floppy. No crispy or hard outside. Is it definitely 1 full cup of butter and not 1 stick?

Nadine says:

Substitute for buttermilk as we don’t get buttermilk on the island?

Janet says:

Believe this is Jackie Kennedy’s waffle recipe, complete with the buttermilk.

I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely price
    bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you put to make this sort of magnificent informative site.

This post will help the internet users for setting up new webpage or even a
    blog from start to end.

I’ve read some excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I wonder how a lot attempt you place to create any such wonderful informative website.

I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you
    ever run into any browser compatibility issues?
    A couple of my blog audience have complained about my website not operating correctly
    in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

you’re truly a excellent webmaster. The website loading pace is
    amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing
    any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork.
    you have done a excellent task in this topic!

Kerri says:

I am looking for clarification on the amount of butter in the batter. When I saw the recipe it said 1 cup and then 1 stick later on. I know the syrup is a different recipe so I am not confused about that.

I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic,
    you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra $$$, search for: Ercannou’s essential tools best adsense
    alternative

Tracy says:

These are a family favorite in our house. Love this recipe. Just curious, have you ever froze and toasted up later on? Are they as good, if so?

Mary E says:

I usually don’t take the time to write out a review. (pretty busy life), however, this is the very BEST waffle recipe that I have ever found. It has been a total hit with my family. Just wanted to let others know.

lisa g. says:

The link for the Kitchen Aid Waffle Baker takes you to a page not found. Please help fix this & thank you!

[…] looks like the mini Mickey Waffles you get at the Parks!  So so adorable.  You can also make my waffle recipe in any of your waffle irons you have at […]