Have you ever wanted to know How To Make The Best Waffle Recipe?! I’ve got you covered. Perfectly crisp, yet sweet and soft in the center.
Best Waffle Recipe
I’ve finally developed a perfectly buttery crisp waffle that is better than any waffle I’ve ordered out.
I have learned that it’s important to get to know your waffle maker. They are all going to cook a bit different, so test out timing with the first one to make sure you get the perfect golden brown color and crispness.
The KitchenAid Waffle Baker is seriously the best waffle maker I’ve ever worked with. I’ve had it for a couple years and forget how much I love it everytime I bring it out. If you are in the market for a new one, I highly recommend this one.
Hope you enjoy my latest recipe!
Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
Let’s get started! Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Pour your melted butter, buttermilk, milk, egg yolks and vanilla into another mixing bowl.
Easy Waffle Recipe
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and give a stir.
Beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold them into the batter until just combined.
Crispy Waffle Recipe
Be sure to not skip this step. The egg whites keep the waffles perfectly light and crisp.
Scoop 1/2 cup batter into the center of your waffle maker. Close lid and let cook for about 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
You’ll have crisp yet soft and tender waffles ready for the perfect breakfast or brunch.
If you are crazy like me, drizzle these with my homemade buttermilk syrup. Pretty much the best thing ever. It is one of my favorite recipes in my cookbook. Enjoy friends!
Tips For How To Make The Best Waffle Recipe
*Invest in a good waffle maker. I have really loved having our KitchenAid Waffle Maker. Do I use it every week? No I don’t, however what a treat when I do bring it out.
*To prevent lump free waffle batter, make sure you add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and not the other way around. The best way to do this is to have all of your dry ingredients whisked together in a bowl and your wet ingredients all whisked together in a separate bowl as I recommend in this recipe.
*Get creative with your waffle toppings. Use your favorite fruit, nuts, sweet candies and even fried chicken! Pretty much anything goes with waffles!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Place egg whites into a medium mixing bowl, whisk continuously until stiff peaks form.
- Place buttermilk, milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks into a large bowl, whisk to combine then slowly stir into dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in egg whites until just combined.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter and place into center of waffle iron, close lid and let cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 1/2 minutes depending on your waffle iron. Remove hot waffles and place on cooling rack. Continue cooking waffles until all batter is used.
- To prepare buttermilk syrup, place butter, sugar and buttermilk into a small saucepan. Stir until melted and comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Syrup will foam up. Let sit aside and stir occasionally until foam has gone down.
- To serve, place waffles onto serving plates, top with fruit of choice and drizzle with warm buttermilk syrup.
Note: I use the KitchenAid waffle baker. Cooking time will vary per brands of waffle irons. Test out one waffle to see how long baking time is.
Pin How To Make The Best Waffles
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.