Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Pizza
Sharing my favorite breakfast pizza today! This Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Pizza Recipe makes a fun breakfast, brunch or even dinner!
Not even kidding, this breakfast pizza recipe is one of our favorite things in the whole world. Sausage gravy as the “sauce,” sunny side up eggs, mozzarella cheese and garnish with chopped green onions….out of control good. Just you wait until you try it.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
You’ve got a couple different options to choose from regarding the crust. We really enjoy the Trader Joe’s thin crust that you can find in the freezer section. I also like this thick crust that is also Trader Joe’s, however you can make your own pizza dough or use my favorite homemade recipe for pizza dough 🙂
Because I did a thick crust for this particular pizza today, I pre-baked the crust for 10 minutes before topping and baking again.
Top with your sausage gravy (see instructions below) and some shredded cheese.
Lots of fabulous cheese.
Top with 2 or 3 large eggs. Right on top. Some will spill off the sides. Don’t worry about it. Bake until eggs are set and pizza cooked.
How gorgeous?! Because my crust was a little uneven and so puffy, I lost an egg, lol! Either way, this baby is beautiful and delicious!
Eggs make everything so delicious! Hope you enjoy one of our favorite pizza recipes!
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk I used 2%
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and line a pizza pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Press pizza dough on pizza pan, pressing evenly to 10-12 inch pizza. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Brown and cook sausage, set aside.
- To prepare gravy, melt butter into medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until thick and combined. Slowly whisk in milk, whisking constantly until thick and creamy. Stir in cooked sausage. Spread 1/2 cup-3/4 cup of sausage gravy over partially cooked pizza dough. Top with shredded cheese, eggs, salt, pepper and green onions.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes until eggs are set and pizza is cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Save extra gravy for additional use. Great over biscuits, toast or inside breakfast burritos.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.