Sharing one of my favorite rice krispie treats recipe today! These Toffee Chocolate Chip Krispie Treats could not be more simple to prepare and great for any party or snack!
Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
You are in for such a treat with my Toffee Chocolate Chip Krispie Treats today! Love getting the kids in the kitchen with me, especially when school is out for summer. We’re always creating something delicious together. Simple treats like these are a great way to enjoy some time together in the kitchen!
Try my Celebration Funfetti Treats too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats
Love making fun treats with my boys. This simple line up of ingredients will get your krispie treats on the table in no time. These are great for bringing to parties or even fun for after school snacks when the kids have all of their friends over.
Melt your marshmallows and butter in a large heat proof mixing bowl. Add your Hershey syrup.
Gently stir in your cereal.
Easy Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
This is one fabulous gooey bowl 🙂
Add your chocolate chips. These will partially melt as you stir your treats.
Add your crushed toffee bar pieces and give another gentle stir.
Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Press evenly into a parchment or wax paper lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish and let cool before cutting into squares.
Love how chocolatey these treats are.
Tips For Toffee Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Have all of your ingredients measured out in advance.
- Grease your mixing spoon so ingredients don’t stick while stirring. This is a lifesaver.
- Once your marshmallows have been combined with the cereal mixture, work quick to transfer to baking sheet. When marshmallows set up, it gets more difficult to stir and transfer.
Toffee Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup crushed chocolate toffee bars
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place marshmallows and butter into a large heat proof bowl. Microwave until melted and puffed up, about 1 minute 30 seconds (will be different in all microwaves, watch through the glass.) Remove bowl and add Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup and cereal. Stir to combine then gently stir in chocolate chops. Transfer to a parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish, pressing evenly. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature.