Dec
2007

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice

Tags: , ,

Dinner

Phew, what a crazy last few weeks it’s been. I hope I’m not the only one who feels like a chicken with her head cut off!

I still haven’t made part 2 of my holiday plates, I hope to get to that soon. In the meantime, I managed to whip this up for our Sunday dinner and my family loved it. It’s quick, easy and everyone loved it, you would have thought I spent all day on it. It’s so nice to throw everything in the crockpot in the morning, and it’s done for dinner. I seriously need to use my crockpot more!

Steam some rice and pour the chicken and broccoli over top. It’s really tasty and kid friendly! Happy Holidays everyone!! I can’t believe we’ve got just a week left!!

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1 14oz can cream of chicken soup
1 14 oz can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I used Emeril’s brand)
¼ teaspoon garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys)
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, just fork tender ( I cook it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Place soups, chicken broth, salt, Cajun and garlic seasoning into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.

2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.

3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.

4-6 servings

Comments

Emiline says:

I love broccoli! But I can ever seem to spell it right. I had to look over to the left, to check my spelling.
    Maybe I should invest in a crockpot, because there really are lots of things you can cook in it.

kameron says:

Okay, this is going into my crockpot for tonight’s dinner. I LOVE my crockpot – I use it at least 3 times a week, if only to cook chicken. It’s really the only way I like my chicken cooked – so tender and yummy. Thanks, Jenny!

Emiline,
    Now I’m worried I’ve been spelling broccoli wrong! I hope I’ve got it right, I never spell checked it!

I don’t use my crockpot that often, but when I do I always enjoy the food!!

Kameron,
    Hope you like this dish. My family went nuts for it. Glad you utilize your crockpot. I agree, chicken is the best in the crockpot. Enjoy!! Let me know how it turns out.

Indy Daleys says:

Just wanted to thank you for all your yummy recipes. I’m not quite sure how I ran across your blog, but I am sure glad that I did! We share the same faith, and the same love of food…only you’re a better cook! So thanks!

Indy Daleys
    Thanks for posting. Glad to have you here. Enjoy!!

Jessica says:

This looks soooo good.

Thanks Jessica!
    It’s a real comfort food when it’s nice and cold out.

kameron says:

This was a big hit. Everyone loved it, so it’s going in my favorites file. Thanks!

Great Kameron!
    I’ve added it to my favorites as well!

Deborah says:

I’ve asked for a new crockpot for Christmas (mine is tiny, plus I want a programmable one!) so I am looking for all kinds of crockpot recipes. This sounds great!

Nicole says:

Yummm! This looks really good! I’m adding it to my “to try” list. :)

katieo says:

Hi! I just found your blog through my sister, and love it! You’re bookmarked.
    I’m trying the broccoli/chicken tonight.

Anonymous says:

Made this for Friday night and it was so yummy!!!! That’s was I had for lunch yesterday as well!! You are the best! I’ve got the Buttery Cinnabun Cake in the oven right now. Keep the recipes coming!!!!!
    Pam
    St. Louis, MO

The DeMarcus Family says:

I followed a link to your blog and I am glad I did, everything looks so delicious! I went and bought the ingredients for this, but I could obly find 10 3/4 ounce soup cans ( or 32 ounce) no 14… Which brand do you use?

Hi Demarcus Family,
    I think that was a typo on my part. Just use the 10 oz can. I just use Campbells. Hope you enjoy!

Erin Raatjes says:

All the fixings are ready in the fridge for tomorrow… can’t wait to try this one! :)

I’m excited to try this :) Making it today. I came across this recipe on Pinterest, and can’t wait to look through the other recipes too! Thanks

[...] it’s ready (and smells great) by dinner. Here’s a recipe from this great blog called Picky Palate and it’s gotten rave reviews. I also heard how good it was on a recent run from a friend that [...]

Kylee says:

how much sour cream should be used?

Stacy says:

Made this tonight. Very kid friendly and so easy! Thanks for sharing!

Alcachofa says:

It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

[...] my crock pot. This turned out way tastier than frozen broccoli cheese and rice! Here’s the recipe. Chilli [...]

[...] to a whole new level today by actually cooking a recipe I found via Pinterest.  I came across the Picky Palate’s Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice recipe a few months ago and I finally got around to giving it a test run last night.  It is so [...]

Christen says:

Thanks for the fabulous recipe. I love it!

I found your recipe via Pinterest and then blogged about it here: http://christenheartspinterest.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/pinterest-creamy-crockpot-chicken-and-broccoli-over-rice-nommm/

Thanks,
    Christen

[...] next attempt was this Chicken Cheese and Broccoli concoction, from here. I was pretty nervous about it initially, because broccoli is now on my “Do not fly” [...]

My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You cann’t believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

kelly says:

Made this tonight, very filling and so yummy its now on our rotation list! Thank you

Kerri says:

I was wondering if there anything i could use instead of canned cream of chicken soup in this?

Laurine says:

German Moreno is a? famous Pedophile and use to rape Billy thats why he left German Moreno to get away from his perverted hands. Panget talaga ng mgaPinoy…….. visit http://goo.gl/HNBgn to watch pinoy tv shows

Brenda says:

It’s in my crockpot right now. Looks and smells great. I think the leftovers will be wonderful wrapped in a cresaunt in mini muffin pan… :) thanks for the recipe. can’t wait to eat it.

[...] Weelicious :: Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal       Weelicious :: Black Bean Soup      Picky Palate :: Chicken and Broccoli Casserole [...]

Jenae says:

It’s cooking in the crock pot now! I can’t wait until dinner… It smells soo good! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

Megan says:

Hi! I tried your recipe today and I altered it just a bit. I used frozen chicken (ahh laziness!) and I also used just 2 ounces extra of chicken broth. I loved it soooo much. Im sharing it with… well.. everyone I know!

Lexia says:

Is there any way I could do this in the oven? My crockpot recently broke, and this recipe looks TOO good to not try tomorrow night!

Jen says:

Do you use frozen or thawed chicken?

Melissa C says:

I was curious if I could turn this into a freezer meal recipe. Just leave out the broccoli and sour cream till it’s time to add it. Well now that I type this I think i’m just gonna give it a shot and see how it fairs. -crossing fingers-

Kenda says:

I tried this last night and my bunch really liked it. I used normandy blend veggies instead of just broccoli. I also added peas. At the end my sauce was REALLY thin so next time I will cut back on the broth. I added Velveeta to thicken it up a bit. We ate it over brown rice…but I think it would also be good over a biscuit:) Will definitely keep this one in our rotation.

Amanda says:

This is a great recipe. I used fat free soups, broth, cheddar cheese, and sour cream and it was still really good.

[...] M:  Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice by Picky Palate [...]

Chelsea says:

All I have are thighs. Could I use those and just take Em out and peel the meet off when they’re done? If so, would I leve skin on or off?

Chelsea says:

Wow…meat* haha :) I promise I know how to spell lol well, except maybe broccoli. I, too always mess that one up :)

missy says:

Can i put the broccoli in raw in the beginning.

Tricia says:

I recently came across this recipe on pinterest. The only way to get my 2 toddlers to eat veggies is to mix them with meat and cheese. This recipe sounds perfect for them! I plan on making it tonight. Can I put the chicken in frozen or is it best to be defrosted?

Kira says:

I absolutely loved this recipe (so did my husband and children!). I featured it on my own website and credited you for the recipe! Thanks again! http://hotcookinmama1.blogspot.com/2013/08/creamy-crock-pot-chicken-and-broccoli.html

Traci says:

Do you stir occasionally or just leave it untouched for the 6 hrs?

Kristen says:

Have you ever subbed yogurt for the sour cream?

We haven’t tried it in this recipe but we do sub Greek yogurt for mayo in other dishes. I like your idea but we haven’t tried it yet. :)

Antoinette says:

This might be a silly question as I don’t use my slow cooker all that often, but do u have to cook chicken before placing it in or just raw? It seems too easy. Lol thanks

Sarah says:

I just made this delicious meal! However mine was quite watery! I followed the steps word for word and I guess I thought maybe it would be thicker. Is this something that other people have experienced also?

I went through the comments briefly to see if other experienced this and couldn’t find any. I’m going to remake this as it’s been awhile so look out for an update in the post. :)

Becky says:

when you shred chicken and add the sour cream and broccoli do you cook it further or just mix in and serve?

Oh My Gosh!! I Am In Love With This I Found It On Pinterest And Gahh It Tastes Soo good Thank You Thank you For sharing It with Us!Just Made It Today…And I’m Already Sharing It With others…Mainly My Mom!