Mar
2011

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Oh how I love a treat that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.  My boys and their buddies couldn’t get enough of these Chewy Oreo Bars we had as an after school snack this week.  Sometimes my spontaneous recipe creations turn out to be the most fun, lol!

Yes you use an entire package of Oreo Cookies, but what you get in return is a marshmallow-y Oreo treat that is worth every bite :)

Surprise the kids (and yourself) with this one, they’ll be all smiles, Enjoy!

3 whole ingredients.  I know, tricky :)

Break out your Cookies!

Place them all in the food processor or blender and mix until ground.

Like so.

Melt the butter and marshmallows into a large bowl until puffed.

You’ll get a little something like this :)

Working quickly, pour in your ground cookies.

Mix, mix and mix :)

You’ll get  a gooey mess….that’s delish!

Transfer to an 8×8 inch baking pan and let set for about 10 minutes.

Cut into squares and indulge :)

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

One 16 oz package of Oreo

5 cups Large Marshmallows

4 tablespoons butter

1.  Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground.  Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes.  Remove and pour in ground Oreo Cookies.  Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan.  Let set up for 10 minutes.  Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.

Makes 9 large bars

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

kristy says:

I made these today and everyone who had them which was quite a few LOVED them….we also topped them with a little powdered sugar :)
    simple easy and delicious this is my kind of recipe

Jessica says:

I tried these, they were too gooey. Instead of grounding the cookies, leave them a lil chunky and it holds a lot better. I put mine in the fridge and I liked it a lot better.

Tara says:

Made them last night. Yum!!!!!!

Shelley says:

My 13 yo daughter invited several of her friends over this afternoon to make these and watch a movie. They used the Wilton 6 cavity mini heart mold & they turned out so cute! I took a few pix but can’t add any to this comment. Anyway – thanks for the fun idea! A lot of teen aged girls had a blast w/ these today :)

Emily Johnston says:

Jenny, How in the world do you stay so thin while making all these fabulous treats?!? You’re the best!

Nichol says:

Oh my heavens. Just found this through stumbleupon. The kids are going to be in oreo and marshmallow heaven!

Once again. PURE genius. Must. Make. These.

Angie says:

Oh WOW I am so excited to try these. They look amazing!

mommabean says:

We just made these and they were EXCELLENT!

Linda says:

Oh my gosh! These look sooooooooo yummy – but only wish they were low in fat as I need to start losing some weight. Just looking at them makes me gain 3 pounds..lol.

Linda

Memoria says:

These are Rice Krispie Treats (yuck!) made with Oreos instead! Cool! If I could only start liking marshmallow more (which is why I don’t like RK treats). They look great, anyhow!

Vanessa says:

Yum, I cant wait to try this recipe. Where did you buy your white dessert plate with the red ribbon thats in this post?! I just love it!

Jenn P says:

These were an absolute sticky ooey gooey mess… But gees they taste awesome! How do you keep half of the mixture from sticking to the bowl! And how do you cut it? We just tore off chunks and went to town!

[...] why I was tickled – TICKLED, I TELL YOU – to see recipes over at Picky Palate for Chewy No-Bake Cookies and Cream Bars and Chewy No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars. I can’t wait to try [...]

annelise says:

I made these today and they were great! the only thing that I would change is that I would use less Oreos or more marshmallow mixture, because they came out very dense. I may have pulsed them too much in my food processor, I’m not sure. Overall, everyone loved them though!

Heather says:

Ok, I have to tell you that I am a little mad at you for posting this recipe. I made these tonight, and they are so good! It’s taking all my self control not to eat the whole batch. YUM! So dangerous.

This looks like those rice crispies treats. But waaaaay more better. How about using chocolate chips next.

Terrena says:

These look very tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

aidensmommy09 says:

i just made them. but i used fluff. i think i used a bit too much. mine are a gray color. hoping they taste good!!

Celeste says:

So, I made these tonight! We made a few adjustments. We have a family of 6, which is including two teenage boys.

2 non-stop hungry teenage boys + anything sweet = me having to double this recipe. :)

So to mix things up a bit, one of the bags of Oreos was the regular kind, the other was the Golden Oreos. So that was different. Also, after it set up, I drizzled white chocolate over the top and then sprinkled mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mmmmm!!! These were DIVINE!!!! I am making a batch of your Nutter Butter ones next!!!

Thanks for another home run recipe!!!

Bindi says:

Hey..Every cookie, bar or any other dessert u make is soo innovative & different & simplified..u have an amazing talent of mixing different ingredients in such an innovative way..truly an inspiration..am soon going to try once of ur recipes!! Thanks!

Bindi

Hannah says:

This is soooo yummy and really fun to make, thank you!!! I suggest letting kids help make this- they will love watching the marshmallows puff up, haha

Erin Sanchez says:

Question…I tried this and they are waaay to sticky and soft to even remove from the foil! (Even after two hours, and about an hour in the fridge!) I followed the directions, used the right amount of ingredients…what could I have done wrong?

Ryan says:

These look simple and delicious. I will definitely put this on the list of things to make!

slim dream says:

i drooled on my keyboard just by looking at this i really want to make these this weekend thanks! haha.

MaddieT says:

My friend and I just made these after finding the recipe on stumbleupon. So delicious, but we feel like need to go exercise now!

Nick Hawley says:

Super good. I made them for my girlfriend today. While I was making them I had a good idea. I blended some reeses peanut butter cups in with the oreos. 4 cups are good.

Nick Hawley says:

Also, I didn’t use foil. It is a good idea to suggest instead that you rub a tiny amount of butter into the pan instead.

Molly says:

OMG, I am obsessed with Oreo’s. This is such a good idea. The thought of Oreo’s and marshmallows is practically making me drool

Tiffany says:

OH…MY…GOSH! I made these night and YUM!!!!! They are so delicious! I bet they would be good with the peanut butter Oreo’s too!

Kara says:

so. good. just made them and almost ate the whole thing

Amy says:

Heyy Jenny!
    I just made these, delicious! But I think my marshmellow ratio was a bit off. How many large marshmallows are in one cup? I also ran out of large marshmallows and had you use the tiny ones…any idea of how many cups of those for this recipe?

LeelaBijou says:

I have to try this, it looks delicious!

Francesca says:

I made these last night for a co-worker. They have delicious flavor, but turned out to be extremely hard. What happened? I’ve made rice krispie treats before without a problem. I’m sad! :o( I know they can be popped in the microwave for a few seconds and will probably be just fine, but I was hoping for something more chewy. What might I have done wrong? I think next time I’d melt the marshmallows and butter in pan on the stove over low heat…so that it’s remains warm while mixing.

Not really my cup of tea, but the presentation of it is awesome. Well done.

Sahnda says:

My son LOVES oreo cookies so this is perfect! Just made some today for an after school snack. I know they’re going to love them! Thanks for yet another excellent recipe! And congrats on the upcoming cookbook! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Hope your son enjoys his after school snack! My boys did :) Thanks for your comment about the book, I’m looking forward to it :)

Barb says:

I made these last night and took them to work today…they only lasted a few minutes! They were the most delicious thing ever! Thank you for the recipe

THERESA E says:

MY GRANDMA WAS THE ONE OF THE MOST LOVING AND CARING WOMEN THAT I WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE IN MY LIFE. SHE ALWAYS SAID WHERE IT BE A CAKE, PIE OR COOKIES THAT THE UGLIEST WAS ALWAYS THE BEST TASTING.
    I JUST RECENTLY FOUND YOUR SITE AND I AM GLAD I DID. I JUST LOVE IT.
    THERESA E

Nemcy says:

I found a photo of this recipe at pinterest.com and I tried it last weekend and it was… what’s the words? DEADLY DELICIOUS ^_^ Kids and adult alike looooved it! Ü Hope to see more goodies like these, the no-bake goodies specially ^_^

[...] for a hump day sweet!  Last night I made (not baked!) Picky Palate’s No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream with my own Katie twist.  This is a very simple recipe with only three ingredients and no bake [...]

I am a little late to the blogging game, and boy have I missed out by not knowing about you! I just stumbled two things in a ROW, and I am officially hungry! YOur newest fan =)

Katelyn says:

I made these last night and they are delicious! They took less than ten minutes to make, and will definitely be made again in the future before a party or other affair. If you like oreos, you will love these bars!

Kaleigh W. says:

I just made these… They’re in the kitchen sitting for the required “10 min”… If I used an entire bag of large marshmallows (16oz) is that okay?

Oh my! That is such a great idea!!! Yummmmmm!

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I Stumbledupon your site and I’m going to be using your recipe on my blog. You can read more today (4/14) at:

thestumbleuponchef.wordpress.com

thanks for the tasty recipe

[...] http://picky-palate.com/2011/03/17/no-bake-chewy-cookies-and-cream-bars/ [...]

Jason says:

Are you kidding me. Those are the devil. Looks awesome.