Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Desserts
Jan
2017

One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Tags: , ,

Sharing my One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies today. Perfectly chocolatey, chewy and simple to prepare!
One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies

I made another fun video showing step by step how to make my favorite brownies.  Doesn’t get easier or more delicious than these babies!  Hope you enjoy!

Hope you enjoy my latest video!  Be sure to follow me on You Tube.  I’ll be uploading lots of recipe videos this year.

One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies

One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies

One Bowl Chocolate Chunk BrowniesPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min

Ingredients

• 1 stick/8 tablespoons salted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup all-purpose Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 cups chocolate chunks

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. You might have to put back in microwave for another 30 seconds to help melting. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add eggs and yolk and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks.
  3. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.

Makes 9-12 Servings

Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Dawn says:

These brownies look absolutely delicious! I know you use semi sweet chocolate chips to stir into the butter, but what type of chocolate do you use for the chunks? Milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark? 🙂

You had me at “brownies” and “one bowl” !!! I’ll have to try this recipe out!!!

Kristen says:

Hey Jenny,
    Just wanted to reach out to say “thanks” for all the stuff you’ve been publishing lately at blog.
    I am a brownie lover.I will definitely gonna try it. I would suggest, if you share some tips too with us on your blog related to health. It will be helpful.
    Keep up The awesome work 🙂
    Cheers,
    Kristen

erin says:

these are SO GOOD! my husband and I saw the Instagram video and immediately knew we had to make them! super easy – so rich and delicious! no more boxed brownies mixes for us!

Anja says:

Hi, ok to substitute the chocolate chunks for walnuts?

Lee says:

Pls let me know 1 stick – 8 tbsp = how many grams – our country use gm for measuring butter. Tks

Holly says:

These are very yummy, however, I found the cooking time to be way off. I usually undercook my brownies, as I prefer them to be gooey rather than dry and overcooked. So, I set my timer to 33 minutes just to check on them. After putting them back in the oven multiple times, I probably ended up cooking these for a total of over an hour. I will definitely make these again, since they were very good, but I will bake in a larger dish next time to avoid the longer cooking time. Thanks for sharing the delicious recipe!

[…] Dessert Idea:  One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies […]