Wait until you try these Cheesy Chicken Taco Breadstick Dippers! They couldn’t be more simple to prepare and are flavor packed, not to mention perfect for parties!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new Mexican-style recipes the whole family is sure to love. We enjoy Mexican food almost daily in our home, and love every second of it!
I thought it would be fun to develop a fun party recipe great for serving a house full of guests. I don’t like to be stuck in the kitchen, so I made sure there were minimal ingredients and not a whole lot of time in the kitchen. These are so simple, the kids will love helping put these breadstick dippers together. Watch the smiles across the room when you bring these to the table. Cheesy and chicken taco delicious!
Start by combining Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix with your shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
Press your pizza dough into a rectangle over your parchment paper.
Top half of pizza dough with shredded cheese.
Top with taco chicken mixture and a little more cheese.
Fold your pizza dough over the chicken/cheese side and press edges to seal.
Take a knife, scissors or pizza cutter and cut 1 inch strips.
Time to sprinkle with a little more taco seasoning 🙂
Perfect! Time to bake.
Bake until slightly golden and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before separating.
Mix up a little sour cream and taco seasoning, separate your breadsticks and you are ready to enjoy!
Amazing that with just a few ingredients, you get these flavor packed breadsticks. So simple too! Enjoy.
Cheesy Chicken Taco Breadstick Dippers
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup finely shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, divided
- 12 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken and 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Taco Seasoning into a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine. Press your pizza dough into a rectangle filling most of the space on your baking sheet. Top half of dough with cheese then evenly place shredded chicken mixture over cheese. Top with additional cheese and fold dough over filled dough, pressing edges firmly to seal. Doesn’t have to be perfect, just mostly sealed. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning and use a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch “breadstick” strips. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before separating into breadsticks. Place sour cream and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning into a small bowl, stir to combine and use for dipping.
Makes 8 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.