The Ultimate Guide To Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
Jun 11, 2019 | Add Your Review
Sharing the ultimate guide to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge today! Answering all of your questions, what to do first, where to eat….all of it! Let’s get started!
Now that I’ve been to Galaxy’s Edge a couple times let’s talk about the best things to do, eat, ride and shop for during your time at Galaxy’s Edge. Be sure to check out my post, Tips Before Going To Galaxy’s Edge. Follow Disney Hungry on Instagram for Disneyland travel tips and the BEST eats at the Parks!
What To Expect When Galaxy’s Edge Is Open To All Guests
Starting June 24th Galaxy’s Edge will be open to the public. The question is, how will Disneyland Resort control the crowds with so many guests anxious to see the new land?
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so guests can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which guests can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once they have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland Park, if a guest is not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
What Is There To Do at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge?
This is a great question. It’s going to be important for you to know what Galaxy’s Edge has to offer before you go to make the most of your visit. Let’s talk about it.
How Many Attractions Are In Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge?
There will be two attractions inside Galaxy’s Edge. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is open now….and it’s fantastic. See my post, What To Expect Riding Millennium Falcon. Gives you all of the details to know before riding.
The Rise of The Resistance will open later 2019.
Will I Get Motion Sickness Riding The Millennium Falcon?
If you have a hard time riding Star Tours in Tomorrowland, you might have a similar response to the Millennium Falcon. You have that flying sensation, but in a smaller ride space than Star Tours. I don’t have any trouble with motion sickness, but Star Tours is a good comparison.
Will Millennium Falcon Have FASTPASS Available?
No official announcement has been made regarding FASTPASS for the Millennium Falcon. We’ll know more after June 24th.
What Is The Height Requirement For Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run?
You must be at least 38′ tall to ride.
Millennium Falcon Lines and Passes Available.
There is a single rider line. You can use the Switch Rider pass and DAS Pass.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Food
There are some delicious places to eat/get snacks and drinks inside Galaxy’s Edge. Here are all of the food and snack options at Galaxy’s edge. Each food location is linked to detailed blog posts with my reviews!
Galaxy’s Edge Experiences
There are some really cool experiences at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge to enjoy.
Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Lightsabers (I have not done this experience yet)
Shopping At Galaxy’s Edge
There are lots of great shopping locations around Galaxy’s Edge.
Dok Ondar’s Den of Iniquities
First Order Cargo
What Should I Do First at Galaxy’s Edge?
This is a very popular question among guests that is honestly going to be a little different for everyone. First question you’ll want to ask yourself….what is top on your list to do at Galaxy’s Edge? If it’s getting into Oga’s Cantina you’ll want to head to that line first. If you are not worried about making it into Oga’s Cantina, get in line at Millennium Falcon first and experience that a couple times! If you are dying to make a handbuilt lightsaber, make sure you get in line as soon as you get into Galaxy’s Edge to make sure you get a spot.
Decide what is most important to you and do those things first.
Here’s How I Recommend Doing Galaxy’s Edge
- Get in line at Oga’s Cantina right when you enter Galaxy’s Edge. The line wraps around the whole land. When you get to the front you’ll get a return time via text. This took us 30 minutes for your reference.
- Get in line at Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run. Enjoy the ride!
- Get your photo taken in front of the Millennium Falcon. There are Disneyland Photographers around the entire area.
- Mobile Order food at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo. Enjoy an amazing meal. I really like the outside seating at Docking Bay 7, check it out once you get your food.
- Head back to Oga’s Cantina for your return time. You’ll get a text when to go back. Enjoy some drinks and snacks. Such a cool experience for the whole family. Lots of non-alcoholic drinks available too.
- Check out the Droid Depot. Build your own custom droid! Give yourself an hour start to finish with the line to get started. Even if you don’t build a droid, go in and watch. It’s pretty awesome!
- Walk around to find some Galaxy’s Edge Characters to get photos with! Storm Troopers and Chewie and Rey were our favorites!
- Mobile Order Blue and Green Milk from the Milk Stand. Definitely get both. They’re very different and fun to taste test with your group.
- Check out all of the fun shops! Black Spire Outpost Marketplace is my favorite. There’s Jewels of Bith, Black Spire Outfitters, Toydarian Toymakers and Creature Stall. Even if you’re just browsing, you won’t want to miss these! Purchase the Galaxy’s Edge re-usuable shopping bag with your souvenirs. I love using mine at home. Inexpensive souvenir too!
- Browse through Don Ondar’s Den of Iniquities. Super cool gift shop with unique things to purchase. Awesome details around this shop.
- Mobile Order a Ronto Wrap and Meiloorun Juice from Ronto Roasters. The Ronto Wrap is really good, even if you share it, get one!!
- Grab a bag of Kat Saka’s Kettle Outpost Popcorn Mix and Star Wars Coke Bottles to go!
What’s The Best Food To Eat at Galaxy’s Edge
While I honestly loved everything I sampled….if I had to choose just a few things to order at Galaxy’s Edge it would be as follows…
- Ronto Wrap from Ronto Roasters is a must. Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, tangy Slaw, wrapped in Pita It’s good!! Mobile Ordering accepted.
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (all day entree) and the Braised Shaak Roast (served on dinner menu only). Order the Batuu-bon for dessert.
- Blue and Green Milk (not food, but you have to get these while in Galaxy’s Edge). They’re both so good. The blue milk seems to be most popular if you want to just order one, but I recommend ordering both!
Is Oga’s Cantina Worth The Wait?
Honestly, I don’t even drink alcohol and loved the Cantina experience so much! There are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks available. No matter if you are drinking or not, I highly recommend adding Oga’s Cantina to your Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge “to do” list. You won’t be sorry.
Can I Dress Up/Wear Costumes?
Disney Parks Blog just came out with more information regarding “dressing up.”
- Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted. Proper footwear must be worn.
- Bounding: piecing together traditional clothing items that when worn together, serve as a recognizable tribute to Star Wars characters Batuuan attire: wearing outfits inspired by the villagers of Batuu—muted tones, vests, layers, etc.
- All robes or military-style attire
- Masks, face paint, elaborate headwear, blasters or holsters (lightsabers are allowed) or hard items such as body armor, helmets or kneepads
- Full character suits
Pin To Your Favorite Disney Board
Add a Review »