Jan
2008

Another Quick Weeknight Dinner….. Chicken Teriyaki Stir-fry

Tags: ,

Dinner

Again, not my best picture, but this quick fix dinner was so good, I’m passing it on to all the busy moms/dads/peeps out there.

When I was shopping at Trader Joes last week I picked up a bag of pre-chopped stir-fry vegetables (cabbage, carrots, broccoli, bok choy, sugar snap peas, celery). I know they sell this at most grocery stores as well, so check your produce section.

While I was grocery shopping last week at Walmart (as much as I dislike the place, I still find myself shopping there!), I found these stir fry noodles in the asian section called Wel Pac Chuka Soba Stir-Fry Noodles . I was pleasantly surprised at how they turned out in this dish. Very much like the kind you’d order at a Chinese restaurant. Click on the link to see a picture of them. I’m assuming you can get then at any Walmart.

My boys really loved this dinner. I made some steamed rice to go with it, a very tasty 15 minute dinner!

Chicken Teriyaki Stir-fry

1 package Wel Pac Chuka Soba Stir-Fry Noodles
3-4 Tablespoons Canola or Vegetable oil
3-4 Cups prebagged stir fry vegetable mix
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
3 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
Steamed Rice

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil into a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When hot, add stir fry veggis. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in chicken, cooked noodles, Teriyaki sauce and soy sauce. Gently toss to combine.
3. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

Comments

Emiline says:

Your picture is fine!

I’ve seen soba at the store, but have never tried them. I can’t remember the brand, but it’s different than that one.

I noticed you add cooked chicken to a lot of dishes. Do you buy precooked chicken, or do you cook the chicken yourself? I was just wonderng the best way to to do that

Hi Emiline,
    I purchase the frozen chicken breasts from Costco then cook them in my pressure cooker. I LOVE using my pressure cooker, but if you don’t have one, I’d probably just bake it, then shred it or you can poach it too. Just takes a little longer.

You can also use rotisserie chicken. I use that if I don’t feel like cooking chicken.

Kevin says:

Teriyaki sauce is such a great way to make a quick and tasty meal. Teriyaki sauce, meat, vegetables and stir fry and add some rice or noodles and done.

Libby says:

Your pix always look great. I made the chicken with broc./rice last night. So good! I made that yummy spaghetti dish again tonight. It tasted good last time, but way better tonight. I had overcooked the bacon the last time around. Thanks for your recipes. I’ll have to try this one out soon.

Kevin,
    I agree, so many things you can do with a good Teriyaki sauce!

Hi Libby,
    Glad you are liking the recipes. I love the chicken broccoli dinner and the spaghetti. I make them both often! Have a great night!

MrsPresley says:

definitely a great weeknight meal! i would think that the noodles and stir fry alone would be enough, without the rice… making this an even quicker fix :)

oh and your pic looks great, it looks like you meant for the light to fall on the dish, just so…

Emiline says:

Oh, good to know. I want a pressure cooker, now.