Jan
2008

Avocado and Egg Sandwich with Tillamook Cheddar on Whole Wheat

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Happy New Year Everyone! I can hardly believe it’s 2008. Crazy! Has everyone decided to eat healthier? I like to try smaller portions and exercise more, I stay happier that way!

I had a great Bikram Yoga class early this morning then later, made myself this yummy 1/2 sandwich for breakfast. I had no intentions of taking pictures of it, but it looked and tasted so good I had to!

I love avocado and eggs. Actually avocado with anything is heavenly to me. This is a sandwich for one, so double accordingly. There’s nothing to it, thats the best part! Enjoy!

If you are going to make this sandwich, I highly recommend splurging on the Tillamook Cheddar. I didn’t think it really mattered until I tried it. It is seriously soooo good. Especially in mac and cheese. I won’t use anything else!

Avocado and Egg Sandwich with Tillamook Cheddar on Whole Wheat

1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper

Few pinches shredded Tillamook Cheddar
4 slices avocado
1 lightly buttered and toasted whole grain wheat bread

1. Heat small non stick skillet over medium heat. In a small bowl whisk egg, milk, salt and pepper until combined. Pour into hot skillet. Scramble until cooked. Sprinkle cheese over hot eggs to melt slightly.

2. Cut toast in half. Place eggs and cheese over Ā½ piece of toast. Top with avocado slices and close with remaining piece of toast. Enjoy!

Comments

Deborah says:

I love avocado as well, but never thought to combine it with eggs! I’m so glad you posted this, because now I want to try it!

Hi Deborah,
    I remember first trying avocado and egg in an omelet a long time ago. I’ve been hooked ever since. If I had some good salsa, I would have topped it over the avocado as well! Yumm!

Shelley & Scott says:

Hi Jenny,

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. A fellow Mesa girl turned me on to it last month and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’ve tried many of your recipes and my family loves them. It is rare that I find a cookbook or cook website where I like almost all the recipes but yours has been just that. We must have the same taste palate. We will be trying your spaghetti bolognese tonight and I can’t wait. Keep up the good work. I’ll be watching for you on food network.

Emiline says:

I’ve never tried Tillamook cheese, but I’m going to. They have several varieties at the store.

I can see how the creaminess of the avocado would be delicious with eggs. I don’t need any convincing; I love avocado.

Shelley,
    Thanks so much for posting! Glad to have you. I hope your family enjoys the recipes. You’ll love that spaghetti, it is so tasty.

Emiline,
    Tillamook cheese makes the best mac and cheese ever! When we were in Portland last summer for the mac and cheese cook-off, we got to tour the factory in Tillamook, OR. I’ve been a huge fan of Tillamook ever since! Their vintage white cheddar is awesome.

Proud Italian Cook says:

I’m with you! I’m hitting the treadmil, and I love the idea of small portions, I have switched to using my dessert plates instead of dinner plates. I like eating what I want but just smaller portions, and no seconds!!!

Good idea with the dessert plates rather than the dinner plates! Maybe I’ll get out my small plates too!

Tartelette says:

Avocado, cheddar and tomato chutnesy is my favorite, but I’d gladly try this one also!

Catherine says:

Forget yoga! Let’s just go with the avocado and egg sandwiches!
    What resolutions?! I say, bring on all that goodness!

Glad to know you and I are on the same page Catherine! I love to eat way too much to give up all the goodness! The yoga/pilates helps me justify my eating!!

Project Couture Vintage says:

WOW, sign me up for this one!! Will you make me one? :)

Done.
    Just trade me that cute khaki jacket from PCB. The sandwich is totally worth $40. I’ll even make you a full sandwich at no extra charge!

Sara and Justin says:

Yeah avocado and cheese! Avocado is a gift from God!!! Have you run across a recipe for a guacamole with pomegrante seeds in them (sounds weird but oh so good!), I had it at a mexican restraunt in phoenix, and have been looking for one. Let me know if you see one. Keep up the good work!
    Sara

Marilyn says:

I love avocado with almost anything (especially rice). Never thought about trying it with eggs before. This looks SO good!

Peabody says:

No not eating healthier. :)
    This looks like a wonderful sandwich, though I must admit I would throw in some bacon.

Steve & Emily says:

Hi Jenny! It’s Emily Johnston. I’ve been stalking your blog and miss seeing new recipes! We always check it when I come to work…the girls love your blog! Hope you’re well!

Hi Emily!
    It was so fun to see you and Steve at the movies!

I’m a little confused…. are you saying you can’t see any new posts since this recipe?

If so, towards the top right side of my blog should say Jan 2008. Click on that and see if it brings up all of my new stuff. I’ve had lots of posts since this one. Maybe I’m just confused, wouldn’t surprise me!!

Have a great day!

Kandi says:

This is just what I am craving….off to the kitchen. LOL

Tiffany! says:

I hate avocado but I really want to try this! Haha.

[...] Avocado and Egg Sandwich – with Tilamook cheese! {Recipe Here} [...]

[...] dinner, I found a recipe on Picky PalateĀ that’s super easy and turned out really good. I was tempted to make seconds, but refrained. [...]

I just made this tonight (as you can see on my blog; don’t worry you got credit!) and it was SO good!!! I loved the heat of the eggs and bread against the cool avocado-yum!!