Jan
2012

The Best of Picky Palate Recipes 2011

What a fun year 2011 was! Can hardly believe it’s gone and now we are starting 2012.  I put together my favorite recipes, one for every month of the year 2011.  It was so fun looking back.

May 2012 bring us all happiness and joy all year round.  I am looking forward to a great year……I can finally say my cookbook comes out this year, yay!!

January

I will never forget my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies that my mom and I made in AZ last Christmas break.  I looked through her pantry and saw those Double Stuf Oreos and knew exactly what I was going to do….stuff em inside cookie dough!  Needless to say this has become probably my most popular recipe :)  Heaven knows I’ve made these probably a hundred times, lol!

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

February

These sweet and salty cookies are one of my personal favorites.  Something about crunchy sea salt on top of a buttery crisp peanut butter cookie makes me VERY happy :)

Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt

March

If you ask my kids what their favorite food is, chances are it will be these meatballs.  Stuffed with little mozzarella balls makes them practically irresistible :)

Mozzarella Stuffed Homemade Meatballs

April

These chocolate cookies have crushed Oreos throughout which gives them a perfect chewy chocolaty texture.  Love these!

Bakery Style Cookies and Cream Cookies

May

I remember making these tacos last year and we ate them so fast it was kinda embarrassing.  These do not disappoint and I love how easy they are to prepare too :)

Restaurant Style Carne Asada Soft Tacos with Guacamole and Corn

June

Once I made those Oreo Stuffed Cookies, I was stuffing cookies all year long!  I did the Candy Bar Stuffed Cookies, Smore’s Stuffed Cookies and these bad boys.  They are all fabulous, but these are on the top of my list :)

Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Cookies

July

I remember playing around one Sunday afternoon in the kitchen with my boys when we came up with these fun pies.  They are too cute and delicious!  I even had Lauren Conrad post them on her site!  Fun!

Oreo and Peanut Butter Layered Baby Lattice Pies

August

One of the highlights of 2011 was without a doubt watching Matt Armendariz and Adam Pearson Photograph and Style the Picky Palate cookbook!  I was beside myself watching all the photos come to life.  Can hardly believe my book will be out later this year, yay!!

Behind The Scenes Look Behind the Picky Palate Cookbook Photo Shoot

September

Told you I went crazy stuffing cookies last year!  Biscoff Spread quickly became a household product that I had to have on hand all the time.  It made the BEST stuffed cookies as you see here.  If you haven’t tried Biscoff, check it out….like now!

Biscoff Stuffed White Chocolate Chip Cookies

October

This sheet cake is hands down one of the best cakes we’ve eaten.  It is so soft and gooey and tastes just like a giant cinnamon roll with a hint of pumpkin.  LOVE!  I will be making this cake every year without a doubt.

Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake

November

I LOVED baking donuts last year.  I made dozens of them but one of my favorites was this sinful peanut butter cup one.  And hey, it’s baked so it’s not so bad right?  Lol!

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Baked Buttermilk Donuts

December

December was somewhat of a blur for me because we moved in the middle of the Holidays, but I will forever make this giant buttery crisp chocolate chip cookie.  It makes just one perfect cookie and wait until you try it, yum!

Buttery Crisp XXL Chocolate Chip Cookie

Comments

Amanda says:

What a fabulous idea for a post!! I loved seeing all your favorites! :) I see some of my favs too :) Your Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt are some of my favorite cookies ever! I am going to have to make the Bakery Style Cookies & Cream and stuffed Biscoff cookies ASAP :) Talk soon, sweet girl!! xoxoxo

Jenny it all looks so good and I remember all the posts as they happened…and again, working with Matt on your book! how awesome! He is so amazing and is such a master!

I just made pretzel, peanut, peanut butter cookie dough truffles and when I read that those cookies of yours are a fave combo and read that Amanda loves them, I must make yours.

And your pumpkin sheet cake is on every pinterest board ever…I am tempted by that cake, daily :)

Happy New Year!

LOVE all of your ideas, especially those stuffed cookies. What can we stuff them with next?? I’m sure you’re always thinking about that. Cannot WAIT for the Picky Palate Cookbook. Yahoo! Happy New Year, Jenny!

Bev Weidner says:

CONGRATS!!!! What a huge year you had and WILL have. Can’t wait to see you again!

And those meatballs? Um, YEAH. WANT.

What a great year! And yay for lots of cookies! SO excited for your cookbook in 2012! It’s going to be another great year. Hopefully we can meet up soon:) xoxo

JulieD says:

Congrats on an awesome year, Jenny! Hope you have a very happy new year and I can’t wait for your cookbook!!! :D

Cassie says:

While I love every single one of these cookies, I can’t wait to try those meatballs. They look heavenly! Happy new year Jenny, many best wishes for 2012. ps-can’t wait to see that cookbook! xo

It looks like a delicious year! Congrats on the cookbook coming out this year. I hope you’ve got a book signing planned for Salt Lake!

SM Edens says:

I’ve made the October recipe several times — everyone has loved it. Thanks for sharing :)

Deborah says:

2011 was such a great year for you. I’m really looking forward to your cookbook this year – and know that it’s going to be a great year!!

TidyMom says:

What a great year you had Jenny!!! I can’t wait for your book!!!

Hopping we get to meet in person in 2012!!

Sharie says:

Call me Miss march!! My family loved those meatballs!
    Good luck on the book! I’ll be watching for a giveaway of an autographed copy! lol

[...] The Best of Picky Palate Recipes 2011, Picky Palate Our 10 Favorite Recipes from 2011, Two Peas and Their Pod Top 10 Recipes of 2011, Mountain Mama Cooks My Favorite Recipes of 2011, Completely Delicious [...]

I loved that cinnamon roll pumpkin sheet cake! My co-workers ask me to make it anytime a birthday comes around :)

Jenny H. says:

Wishing you a very happy New Year, and Oh wow – what a lovely surprise to open such a delicious blog. I’m always intrigued when I see an e-mail from ‘Picky Palate’. It always means time spent smiling and working out when I can try your next offering. Reading all the comments it sounds as though I am not the only one waiting your book release with anticipation. Many thanks, and here’s wishing you and your family a special 2012. Jenny H.

I’m so happy i found your blog, it’s making me very hungry right now. One day I will be a stay at home mom who bakes all day, but I better hit the gym everyday too then! Your stuff looks amazing and I can’t wait to make it all :) Stop by my blog sometime I’d love it if you did :)

Amanda says:

The cinnamon roll pumpkin sheet cake is to die for. One of our favorites! So enjoy your blog!

Robyn says:

I make those meatballs all the time. The kiddos love them! I made the XXL Chocolate Cookies just this morning. We took them to Zoo Lights!

Rachel Rose says:

Beautiful photos and recipes.

Those cookies are hands down my fave!

Erin says:

Can’t wait to get a copy of that cookbook! Keep Nashville in mind for a book signing :)

Fabulous list of 2011 recipes and those meatballs look to die for! Happy New Years, can’t wait to see what delicious recipes await us for 2012 :)

Lauren says:

Those tacos are so darn gorgeous! You’re making me hungry, girl!

Launi says:

OooOohh…where to begin? The sheetcake looks divine and the cookies are making me consider skipping dinner altogether. But then, the tacos…

Love your stuff–it’s beautiful.

Will LOVE the cookbook.

:}

Mila Sky says:

Love this blog! Congrats on the cook book!

Lisa says:

All the pictures look scrumptious! Wishing you a blessed 2012..I look forward to another year of your amazing recipes :)

jenna says:

what a stunning year!!

leslie says:

What a delicious round up Jenny. I totally meant to make that cookie for Santa..but I was so busy I forgot…SAnta got a twinkie this year! lol

Zee says:

Great review! My favorite: Chocolate cookies with crushed Oreos ;)

Jessica says:

Jenny, I just have to tell you how excited I am for you with the cookbook/photoshoot. :) You are so dang artsy fartsy it’s crazy. I love how everything you do is 100% perfection, you hair, clothes, fitness, and blog. :) Good luck with it all. xoxo, Jess

Jessica, you are so sweet, thank you for your comment. Hope you and your sweet family are doing well. Miss you guys! Would love to get the boys back together one of these trips to AZ!! xoxo

Jennifer Clark says:

Hi Jenny! Congratulations on your new Cookbook! I sure hope you will be able to do a Canadian tour of book stores, so that we may get an autographed copy! Goodness…I don’t know how you stay so TINY! (These recipes are SUPER decadent, and I imagine you have to test your marvellous creations!) I am really enjoying your site! Take care, Jennifer