Tags: apples, chocolate, cinnamon, dessert, party food, tacos, whipped cream
Some days are so much fun in the kitchen….today was definitely one of them Putting together this chocolate taco deliciousness was such a treat. My boys could hardly believe their eyes when they saw me painting chocolate on taco shells, ha!
Not only is this fun taco incredibly delicious, it literally takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
If you are looking to impress your guests on Mexican food night, this dessert taco is your ticket!
Hope you enjoy.
Here’s an idea of the ingredients you’ll need to get started. Nice and easy. I used Ghirardelli’s chocolate melts for my chocolate, but use whatever chocolate you’d like. These melt so nicely. Love them.
Old El Paso Stand n’ Stuff Taco Shells are our favorite. No more tacos that fall over. Such a brilliant shell.
Melt your chocolate and find your favorite pastry brush.
Just like art class, paint your chocolate over the inside and outside of your shells.
The chocolate hardens pretty quick. Let them sit while you prepare the apple filling.
Be sure to get your whipped cream whipped so it’s ready to go
Peel and chop 4 large apples. I used Gala, but just about any variety will work great.
Pour your apple chunks into a hot skillet with melted butter.
Add some brown sugar.
Add ground cinnamon and stir to combine. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
Spoon that gorgeous apple filling into your chocolate tacos.
Top each taco with a nice dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Style Chocolate Taco
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 4 Old El Paso Stand n’Stuff Taco Shells
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 large chopped peeled gala apples
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated chocolate, optional
- Place taco shells onto a parchment lined baking sheet. With a pastry brush, brush melted chocolate inside and half way up outside of taco shell. Place on baking sheet to let chocolate dry.
- Place butter into large skillet over medium heat to melt. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, stirring to combine. Let cook for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low.
- To prepare whipped cream, place cream and sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until whipped cream forms. When chocolate has dried, spoon apple filing into taco shells. Top each taco warm, with a dollop of whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Makes 4 Servings
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
My Pecan Chocolate Chip Maple French Toast Bake makes the perfect breakfast or brunch treat for your family and friends!
It’s such a pleasure partnering with Thomas Breads this year to bring you some fun creative recipes using their delicious bagels and English muffins! I developed the most delicious French toast bake with Thomas’s Maple French Toast Bagels. They are soft, cinnamon-y and maple delicious. So excited for you to try this!
These bagels. Can’t even begin to say how much we love these!!
I split the bagels and cut each of the halves in 8 triangles.
Time to get the egg mixture ready!
A nice splash of vanilla.
Brown sugar up next.
Lots of cinnamon
Give a good whisk then pour over bagels in casserole dish.
Perfect, just a couple other sweet toppings.
Top with mini chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Time to bake!
Whisk up a sweet drizzle and pour over a nice bowl of French toast bake! Enjoy!
Pecan Chocolate Chip Maple French Toast Bake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time: 45min
- 3 Thomas Maple French Toast Bagels, split
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (you can use milk if needed)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Sweet Icing Drizzle
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut bagels into eighths and place into baking dish. Place eggs, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combined then pour evenly over cut bagels. With spoon, press bagels into egg base. Top with pecans and chocolate chips. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- To prepare sweet icing, whisk powdered sugar and cream until smooth, drizzle over warm bake. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 8-10 Servings
This post in in partnership with Thomas Breads however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Mar 13, 2015 | Tags: cheddar cheese, mexican, pasta, weeknight dinner
There’s nothing I love more than a new simple to prepare weeknight dinner recipe! I had a blast creating this new recipe in partnership with Imagine Foods. Their line of creamy soups are amazing. So many delicious varieties. Visit Imaginefoods.com to check out all 20 creamy and delicious flavors, as well as a $1 off coupon.
For my recipe today I used this delicious Creamy …
Mar 11, 2015 | Tags: butterfinger, chocolate, cream cheese, dessert, peanut butter
My Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cream Cheese Pie is simple, delicious and perfect for any special occasion!
I am thrilled to partner with Crisco today to bring you this drop dead gorgeous peanut buttery creamy pie. I used Crisco’s Cream Cheese Pie Crust recipe. It was so simple to whip up that I can’t wait to make another pie! See the recipe HERE.
Can’t wait for you to try my new pie recipe! Scroll below to see how easy it is to prepare!
Mar 9, 2015 | Tags: beans, black olives, cheddar cheese, cilantro, guacamole, salsa, sour cream
My Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls make the perfect appetizer for any party and great for game day eats!
So excited to share this fun appetizer with you today! It’s always a pleasure working with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes with an awesome Mexican flare.
I transformed my idea of a 7 layer bean dip into these adorable bite size bread bowls that you can gobble up in a few bites. All of my favorite flavors layered together in a perfectly fit in your hand recipe!
Hope you enjoy!
Feb 18, 2015 | Tags: cheddar cheese, chicken, freezer meal, mexican, rice, weeknight dinner
My Green Chilie Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and works great as a make ahead freezer meal!
It’s no secret I love developing quick and simple dinner recipes with my favorite products. Old El Paso enchilada sauce and chopped green chilies makes this rice dish so simple to prepare. I also wanted to develop a recipe that you could freeze and have ready to heat up later or give to family and friends in need. We sure love Mexican recipes and this one was a favorite for sure!
Hope you enjoy this simple dinner that is perfect for freezing to save for another time!
Feb 16, 2015 | Tags: chicken, dinner, lunch, pecans, weeknight dinner
It’s such a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a healthy recipe to celebrate Heart Month! My family goes nuts for homemade chicken tenders so I knew I wanted to make a healthy pecan coated version.
Feb 9, 2015 | Tags: chocolate, party food, peanut butter, sprinkles
My Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Party Chippers make the perfect sweet treat for any party! Sweet, salty and peanut buttery delicious.
Thrilled to partner with SKIPPY this today to create a fun Oscar inspired recipe with their Limited Edition Salted Caramel Peanut Butter. Just the name alone had me drooling. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint.
My mom and I were baking together when I opened my new jar of Salted Caramel SKIPPY. We both found a spoon to sample and quickly agreed it is amazing! Not too sweet but just the right about of caramel to the already perfectly salty sweet peanut butter. You are in for a treat!
Did I mention it makes the perfect party cookie?! Obsessed with these!
Hope you enjoy!