My Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Brownies are the perfect dessert to whip up for your family and friends!
Homemade brownies are one of my favorite desserts to create. You can add so many of your favorite ingredients to make new brownie flavors depending on your sweet tooth. They’re also so great for gift giving to friends and neighbors. They are sure to brighten up everyone’s day!
What a pleasure partnering with Eggland’s Best this year to bring you new recipes! I’ve used Eggland’s Best for years. I love knowing that Eggland’s Best eggs contain five times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E, and three times more vitamin B12. Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
I wanted to pass on the news that Eggland’s Best is searching for the most passionate egg fan, who also happens to have an eye for taking beautiful photos of their delicious Eggland’s Best dishes! Show how you celebrate the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality for the past 25 years! Submit your Eggland’s Best foodie photos by April 12, 2017 for a chance to win $5,000! All dish creations must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
Visit www.egglandsbest.com/foodtography now through April 12, 2017 and submit two mouthwatering foodie photos of your dish that includes at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories. You may submit up to two photos in each of the four categories: Brunch, Appetizer, Main course, and Dessert.
(1) Grand Prize Winner: $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
(4) Finalist Winners: $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
(20) Semi-finalist Winners: A year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
You can visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the 2017 Eggland’s Best Foodtography Contest HERE.
To prepare the brownies, add chocolate chips to hot melted butter. Stir to melt chips.
Start adding your dry ingredients to the bowl.
Add your granulated sugar.
Add your brown sugar.
England’s Best eggs and yolk.
Add the oil as well.
Give a good stir and add chocolate chunks.
Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Top with mini marshmallows.
Top with mini pretzels and bake for 40-50 minutes, until baked through.
The hardest part of the recipe is being patient while they cool completely. Once they’ve cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
The marshmallow on top gets nice and chewy. The pretzel and chocolate combo is heavenly. Store any remaining brownies in an air tight container.
Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Brownies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40-50 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large Eggland’s Best Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 19-20 mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. You might have to put back in microwave for another 30 seconds to help melting. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add eggs and yolk and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Top with mini marshmallows and pretzels. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.
Makes 9-12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
My Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole is the perfect way to treat your family and friends!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you fun new ways to make simple Mexican style recipes that the entire family will enjoy. This overnight breakfast casserole is perfect for weekends, brunch parties or any day of the week.
Hope you enjoy!
Place your cubed bread into your baking dish.
Top with your cooked sausage.
Add the chopped green chilies.
Make sure they are even over top.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
To prepare the egg mixture, place 8 eggs and season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
Whisk in 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Whisk in your milk.
Slowly pour egg mixture over top of bread and cheese layers.
Top with chopped green onions. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro and cherry tomato halves.
Love having my favorite Old El Paso products stocked in my pantry for simple meals like this one.
Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 8 cups cubed crusty loaf
- 1 pound ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, diced green chilies, shredded cheese and chopped green onion into prepared baking dish.
- Place eggs, milk, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and smoked paprika into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and pour over bread mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- When ready, remove dish from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dish for 45-55 minutes, until set. Before serving, top with cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Cut into squares.
Makes 12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
This Sweet N’ Creamy Lemon Pie makes the perfect dessert for Pi Day and Spring!
Lemon desserts are hands down some of our favorite desserts to enjoy as a family. I’ll never forget seeing my boys face when they came home from school and saw this vibrant pie sitting on the kitchen counter. We all grabbed a fork and cut some slices to enjoy together. There’s nothing more I love than baking for my family. I just know they’ll love these fun memories in the kitchen we have and share it with their children someday. I always make it a point to bake a little extra and it always results in cherishing these priceless memories.
My Mexican Breakfast Frittata is the perfect way to start your day!
There’s no better way to start your day than with this zesty Mexican style breakfast frittata. Packed with delicious southwest vegetables and seasoned with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, you are in for a treat! With everything prepared in just one skillet, clean up is a breeze as well. This frittata makes great leftovers and tastes great with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top.
Feb 16, 2017 | Tags: blogger event, Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, travel
Thrilled to share my experience at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2017 with you today!
The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration has been one of my favorite events since I attended my first in 2015. It’s no secret I’m a huge Disney fan, so being able to experience the fun with my family and friends is such a treat. If you haven’t heard much about this celebration, take a look at #DisneySMMC on social media. You’ll see pictures from our time at Walt Disney World and The Disney Wonder Cruise Ship.
Made a little video of our trip, hope you enjoy!
This Mexican Style Lasagna makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! Flavor packed and simple to prepare.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Target and Old El Paso to bring you simple Mexican style dinner recipes! This quick fix dinner has all of my favorite ingredients and it really is a crowd pleaser. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a gorgeous dinner ready in no time!
This Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark will brighten everyone’s day!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you new fun recipes. I’ve put together a Valentine’s Day treat that will put a smile on everyone’s faces. I’ve added some of my favorite dessert ingredients to make a chocolate bark that is so much fun!
Jan 19, 2017 | Tags: black beans, chicken, cilantro, dinner, mexican, rice, sponsored, weeknight dinner
This Chicken Taco Rice Skillet makes the perfect flavor packed weeknight dinner!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple Mexican style meals. These flavorful chicken thighs over taco rice could not be more delicious. Perfect for busy weeknights and even great for Sunday dinner to serve family style.