Sharing my favorite breadsticks recipe today! Wait until you try these Cheesy Chicken Taco Breadstick Dippers! They couldn’t be more simple to prepare and are flavor packed, not to mention perfect for parties!
This breadstick recipe is also a chicken taco all rolled into one! One of my kids favorite weeknight meals…even so great for parties! I thought it would be fun to develop a fun party recipe great for serving a house full of guests. These are so simple, the kids will love helping put these breadstick dippers together. Watch the smiles across the room when you bring these to the table. Cheesy and chicken taco delicious!
How To Make Breadstick Recipe
Start by combining your Taco Seasoning Mix with your shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
Press your pizza dough into a rectangle over your parchment paper.
Top half of pizza dough with shredded cheese.
Top with taco chicken mixture and a little more cheese.
Fold your pizza dough over the chicken/cheese side and press edges to seal.
Take a knife, scissors or pizza cutter and cut 1 inch strips.
Time to sprinkle with a little more taco seasoning 🙂 Perfect! Time to bake.
Bake until slightly golden and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before separating.
Mix up a little sour cream and taco seasoning, separate your breadsticks and you are ready to enjoy! Amazing that with just a few ingredients, you get these flavor packed breadsticks. So simple too! Enjoy.
- 1 cup finely shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning divided
- 12 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken and 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Taco Seasoning into a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine. Press your pizza dough into a rectangle filling most of the space on your baking sheet. Top half of dough with cheese then evenly place shredded chicken mixture over cheese. Top with additional cheese and fold dough over filled dough, pressing edges firmly to seal. Doesn’t have to be perfect, just mostly sealed. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning and use a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch “breadstick” strips. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before separating into breadsticks. Place sour cream and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning into a small bowl, stir to combine and use for dipping.
This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2016. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Tags: cereal, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, travel
Sharing my easy chocolate chip cookies today! These Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly buttery crisp with the slightest hint of peanut butter from the cereal. You’ve got to try these!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is nothing like a batch of homemade cookies. The cookie dough, the warm cookies right out of the oven. Just doesn’t get much better! Sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes with you today that you are going to LOVE. I added some Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s to the dough and these are delicious!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make the best chocolate chip cookies, you want to start with the best ingredients. Make sure your eggs are fresh, you have pure vanilla extract and real butter. These are some of my must do’s when making my cookie recipes. Invest in a nice cookie sheet from your favorite kitchen store. I really enjoy the ones from Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. It’s also helpful to have a great cookie scoop. I look for a medium sized one that gives me uniform cookies when placing onto my baking sheet.
These really are some of the best chocolate chip cookies. Love the texture with the cereal and buttery crisp edges. A family favorite for sure. I had all of my ingredients and I was ready to start my cookies!!
This dough is amazing!!!
I mean come on!!!
With this recipe, I’ve included one of my favorite simple buttercream recipes that you can use to make a chocolate chip cookie sandwich. You spread a couple tablespoons onto a cookie, top with another cookie then press some Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Cereal onto the buttercream. These are decadent and perfect for entertaining your family and friends.
Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container, chilled in the refrigerator or at room temperature on the kitchen counter.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butters and sugars in large bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla beating until well combined. Stir in flour, cereal, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Using a medium-large cookie scoop at least 2 tablespoons, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden edges and baked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
- If making cookie sandwiches, prepare frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar until thick and spreadable. Spoon frosting on inside of one cookie and top with a second cookie. Place Reese’s Puff Cereal on outside of frosting if desired.
Apr 16, 2019 | Tags: black beans, cheese, chicken, chicken enchiladas, dinner, enchiladas, freezer meal, mexican
This Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas Freezer Meal is perfect for taking dinner to a friend or having on hand for a last minute dinner!
Enchiladas for dinner are one of our very favorite dinner recipes. Having freezer meals are so great to pull out when time is short for is dinner. Some nights I am scrambling to get dinner on the table, so I appreciate having freezer meals available. These chicken enchiladas are going to knock your socks off!
Be sure to check out my Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas too!
Sharing my Make Ahead Freezer Smoothie Recipes with you today! Perfect way to start your day. Having healthy smoothie recipes is going to make your mornings a delight! Enjoy 🙂
Delicious smoothie recipes sure make my mornings less hectic! Having these smoothie freezer packs ready to go in your freezer make for a simple and healthy breakfast choice.
Apr 7, 2019 | Tags: cheddar cheese, chicken, dinner, mexican, pasta, weeknight dinner
This Chicken Rigatoni Bake is the perfect quick fix dinner that everyone loves. Great flavors, simple ingredients.
Always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you family friendly Mexican style recipes. I always love creating weeknight dinners, because I know how crazy weekdays can get while the kids are in school with all of their activities. This is a great one you can even whip up in advance and bake when you need it.
Cheesy goodness packed with great Mexican flavors. Love this one. Hope you enjoy!
Apr 2, 2019 | Tags: chocolate chunk, dark chocolate, dessert, graham crackers, granola, granola bars, Marshmallows, snack
These Homemade S’mores Granola Bars are the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth! Oats, graham crackers, dark chocolate and marshmallow bits? Heaven 🙂
These homemade granola bars are the perfect family friendly snack recipe that will have everyone smiling ear to ear. The perfect after school snack for the kids!
Sharing my Ultimate Breakfast Frittata today, perfect for weekends and celebrating! Paced with all of your breakfast favorites.
You are in for a breakfast treat with my Ultimate Breakfast Frittata! Perfect for entertaining your family and friends on the weekends, brunch, special occasions. Such a delicious meal to prepare!
Feb 14, 2019 | Tags: chocolate, dessert, graham crackers, Marshmallows, pizza
Sharing my Peanut Butter S’mores Dessert Pizza today for the perfect sweet pizza night! The BEST dessert pizza around with peanut butter and s’mores!
Dessert pizza is one of my favorites to create! So many options. S’mores happens to be one of my favorite sweet treats, so this was the perfect combination!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!