Sharing my Chicken Taco Soup Boats with you today!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family friendly dinner recipes! We love Mexican style meals and this one is simple to prepare and pleases the whole family! Hope you enjoy!
Simple pantry items you are likely to have in your pantry for this recipe!
For this recipe I’ve used Old El Paso’s Flour Tortilla Taco Boats and their Original Taco Seasoning.
You’ll start by sautéing some white onion then minced garlic in some extra virgin olive oil.
You’ll add your cooked shredded chicken, broth and then diced tomatoes with peppers.
You’ll add one can of white beans, drained.
You’ll add 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Add 2 tablespoons of dried cumin as well.
Add your sour cream and stir to combine.
Fresh chopped cilantro!
Bake your taco boats until crisp then melt cheese over tops.
Spoon soup into taco boats and serve warm.
Chicken Taco Soup Boats
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 25 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Old El Paso Flour Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and heat oil in large skillet or pot over medium heat. Saute chopped onions and minced garlic until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken, broth, seasonings, sour cream and cilantro to pot. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low to simmer.
- place taco boats onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp. Remove and top with shredded cheese. Return to over for 5 minutes to melt. Spoon soup into crisp taco boats and serve warm. Garnish tops with additional shredded cheese if desired.
Makes 6 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
Sharing my Candy Cane Pudding Cookies today, perfect for your upcoming holiday parties!
With Christmas coming right up, thought you’d love a super simple to prepare Christmas Cookie that has that WOW factor! It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts. This is my third year working with Fisher Nuts and I love that Fisher nuts are fresh out of their shells, have no preservatives and are non-GMO Project Verified. Fisher nuts are now available on Amazon! Find them HERE.
Candy Cane Christmas Pudding Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 25 min
- 1 stick softened butter, I used salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Pecan, chopped, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup candy cane bits
- 1/2 cup white chips
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1/2 cup candy cane bits for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Slowly add flour, nuts, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix, mixing until dough forms. Stir in candy cane bits and white chips.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 13-14 minutes until edges just start to crisp. Remove and let cool before transferring. Before serving.
- Melt the white candy melts according to package directions and dip half of each cookie into melted white chocolate then sprinkle with additional candy cane bits. Let chocolate set. Serve room temperature.
Makes 2 dozen cookies Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
These Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies make the perfect sweet treat for any occasion!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Stevia In The Raw®, and I’m excited to now bring you these perfectly sweet, yet reduced sugar cookies, great for any Holiday gathering. One of our favorite things to do during the Holidays is to bring a goodie plate wrapped in a festive bow to our family and friends.
These Taco Toasted Green Chili Scrambled Eggs make the perfect breakfast any day of the week!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple to prepare Mexican-style recipes the whole family will enjoy. We love making breakfast recipes for breakfast and even for dinner quite often. You are going to love these flavor packed scrambled eggs. Simple and a family favorite.
Thrilled to share my Double Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Muffins with you today!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you family favorite recipes. My Double Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Muffins are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving Table and even make an excellent after school snack for the kids.
This is my third year working with the Fisher Nuts brand. I’ve always been a fan of the product and it’s been so great partnering with them on Picky Palate.
I choose to work with Fisher Nuts because of the amazing quality. Fisher nuts are fresh out of their shells, have no preservatives and are non-GMO Project Verified.
The stand-up bag is designed for convenience and it is resealable so your …
This simple and flavorful corn side dish makes the perfect addition to any meal!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you Mexican-style recipes that make dinner time a breeze. I whipped up this flavor packed corn dish with just a few ingredients that will go great as a side dish or even inside your favorite burritos. Can’t wait for you to try this one!
Oct 16, 2017 | Tags: blog trip, chit chat, sponsored, travel, walt disney world
Sharing my latest trip, Walt Disney World With Girlfriends!
It’s no secret that EVERYTHING Disney is my absolute favorite. Generally, I’m at Disneyland Resort on a regular basis, so getting to spend time at Walt Disney World with my girlfriends was the ultimate treat. Disney hosted our group to a week of pure magic. Amazing food, sneak peeks into what’s coming for the Holidays and fun times exploring the Parks.
We enjoyed our stay at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was on my bucket list so I was over the moon excited!
This Green Chilie Beef Enchilada Rigatoni makes the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner the whole family enjoy!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you Mexican-style recipes that make dinner time a breeze. It’s no secret I love putting together dinner recipes that are simple to prepare especially for busy weeknights when we’re busy getting the kids to their various activities and finishing homework. Can’t wait for you to try this Mexican style Rigatoni. So many great flavors!
For this recipe I used Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies and